Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up for games? Let there be ROCK!

• 23-12-2009 7:15pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

Just a thread to organise sessions amongst ourselves and to talk about them afterwards. I'm going to go on at half 7 if anyone would like to join me. I'll play any instrument. Add me as D4RK ONION.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sorry lads xbox froze on me before the 2nd song started :mad:

We'll get a few more sessions in over the xmas hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Indeed we will. Your xbox cut out at the second song, but for some reason I wasn't hearing any of the guitar part of the first song. It was as if you weren't playing but the little icon wasn't sliding down the bar on the left.

Did this happen to you too Onion?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Nope, he was coming through fine on my side. Make sure both your audio wires are plugged in. Then again, the lag on our very first song was so bad that you'd hit an overdrive section and the overdrive wouldn't get to you until about 30 seconds later! Also, your track was staying lit with that yellow overdrive look for ages all night! I don't mind, I got my Bachman- Turner achievement!

Good session to both of ye anyway, and epic solo to Bobby in that last song we did!

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Good session to both of ye anyway, and epic solo to Bobby in that last song we did!

I assume you're talking about Almost Easy. I couldn't believe I hit everything :D I've never done that well on that song, my fingers were doing stuff I couldn't even comprehend :pac:

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK! I'm going online for some RB soon.. Feel free to join me.

360 GT- D4RK ONION

• Advertisement

ill be on in a few too

I can be on around half 9 if you guys are still there...

Anyone up for beatles this week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone up for beatles this week?

Hell yeah! Would love to get some of the gold star achievements I need!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Hell yeah! Would love to get some of the gold star achievements I need!

Ah these are bloody merciless compared to other RB games, I've 100%'d songs and missed the cut off for gold by 400 points :mad:

In previous games the Overdrive path was pretty easy to work out for most songs but in the beatles, in more than a few songs I've ended the song with OD to spare. Been a bit lazy to do my home work on the OD usage but I must check later regards the cutoff's for playing as a band, they might be easier.

• Advertisement

Ah these are bloody merciless compared to other RB games, I've 100%'d songs and missed the cut off for gold by 400 points :mad:

In previous games the Overdrive path was pretty easy to work out for most songs but in the beatles, in more than a few songs I've ended the song with OD to spare. Been a bit lazy to do my home work on the OD usage but I must check later regards the cutoff's for playing as a band, they might be easier.

I haven't really tried to get gold in the other rock band games yet, but I find that in a band these are much easier, at least you can make a mistake and still get gold with time to spare. I've 100% some songs on bass and still not got gold, after research I found out it's impossible to do it on the song I did!! :(

Anyhoo, for anyone who doesn't have the Beatles game I have a spare for sale http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=176047&cat=12

*cough* blatent plug * cough* :D

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I've 100% some songs on bass and still not got gold, after research I found out it's impossible to do it on the song I did!! :(

Here is the chart for the bass gold star scores in beatles rb. (expert setting needed for gold)

Here is the chart for the bass gold star scores in beatles rb. (expert setting needed for gold)

Oh I know about that site, it's a godsend! :cool:

Has anyone GS'd I Want You (She's So Heavy)? I'm having trouble getting the 1,000,000 on it, tough to find a 4 piece band out there!!

So, anyone around tonight for some beatles?

What instruments do you prefer to play, I mainly play as Macca!

i'm ringo, but i'm not around i'm afraid.

I'll be George so :)

Might be on tonight if I can motivate myself for it, was playing miserably this morning , major off day in my form :(

You guys around tonight?

If so just send a live message, sometimes I sent my profile to appear offline!!

Should be, I'll let you know if I am. :)

I'll be about too I think.

D'you lads all play B:RB together? I don't have B:RB :(

• Advertisement

D'you lads all play B:RB together? I don't have B:RB :(

If you like music or the beatles, get it, fantastic game, looks and plays fab!!

I'm not going to be around, stuck in Cork for another night.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I don't have XBL (bad experiences with mean americans!) but if I do i'd love to play some RB :)

Anyone around for beatles tonight? Should be on after 9 ish

Damn it, I just finished an offline beatles session! Tomorrow?

Damn it, I just finished an offline beatles session! Tomorrow?

Aye I rage quit anyway after trying for the 100% on i saw her standing there achievement :D (missed the very last note)

I sorted my NAT problems by getting a wireless adapter in crazy harvey normans, it was half price so couldnt refuse it :)

Good to hear! HARVEY NORMAN'S eh? Was the man himself there?

Was the man himself there?

I haven't been arrested for assault so .......

Tonight ? Beatles or rb 2 if anyone fancies after 9

• Advertisement

I'll be there, join us people!

Advertisement