Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyro's €1k to €10k challenge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Youre on a roll Boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

In all fairness .......;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭x PyRo

The fuck won't this happen on my thread where I'm playing with bigger money. :mad:

:pac:

Happy out and cheers for the messages lads.

Brandywell Boy ran like I do after a night out and smoking 20 benson, very badly.

Wild Desert wins easily. Traveled like a dream, jumped like a dream and is dreamy!

Waabel also won somehow. Baker stealing a couple of lengths out of the field and just holding on. Fine looking horse too.

The others were non-runners, which is quite impressive in itself.

+€160 on the day.

Bank - €1,233.75c (+€233.75c)

Bets - 7
    Wins - 4
    SR - 57%
    Staked - €100
    Returned - €333.75c
    ROI - 234%

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Good stuff today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

x PyRo wrote: »

Wild Desert wins easily. Traveled like a dream, jumped like a dream and is dreamy!

A horse that ive backed before but decided to give it a miss today as i thought it wasnt the best value.All aside she won it with ease in a tuff-ish race.very impressive

well done again today,top stuff,lets hope now Absa Lutte, can give us a good run for our money,stratton banker is being well backed but is certainly no value at 9/4...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Well done xpyro, great start, grudge for me in the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Keep her lit Xpyro :)

Cheers lads. :D Makes much nicer reading that my horsey one at the moment. Winners flowing here but losers at every turn on the other one.

No more bets until tomorrow. €160 profit today will do me nicely.

Time for some dutching.
    • 2:20 Catterick - According To Pete - €10 @ 10/1 (WillHill)

• 2:20 Catterick - Zitenka - €5 @ 10/1 (PaddyPower)

• 2:40 Hereford - Flintoff - €10 @ 16/1 (Bet365)

• 2:40 Hereford - Simply Wings - €30 @ 13/2 (Bet365)

• 3:00 Southwell - The Lock Master - €20 @ 11/2 (VC)

• 6:20 Kempton - Zebrano - €20 @ 9/2 (VC)

• 6:20 Kempton - Big Bay - €5 @ 20/1 (Bet365)

Total Staked : €100

2 winners and I'm happy, none and I'm sad.

Feckin thing isnt giving me alerts tonight so I had to check back every half hour.
    Will prob get about 20 in a row when I eventually sleep :-S
    Had picked According to Pete and Zebrano myself so dont know if thats a good or bad omen.
    Best of luck :-)

• Advertisement

Cheers Sandman, best of luck to you too. :)

Max bet #1

1:10 Hereford - Togiak - €50 @ 5/4 (Bet365)

Now I'm done for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

[*]3:00 Southwell - The Lock Master - €20 @ 11/2 (VC)

[*]6:20 Kempton - Zebrano - €20 @ 9/2 (VC)

I'm with you in one Zebrano but against you in one Exopunita.
    Might check out a few of your other selections now, thanks.

• 2:20 Catterick - According To Pete - €10 @ 10/1 (WillHill)

• 2:20 Catterick - Zitenka - €5 @ 10/1 (PaddyPower)

• 2:40 Hereford - Flintoff - €10 @ 16/1 (Bet365)

• 2:40 Hereford - Simply Wings - €30 @ 13/2 (Bet365)

• 3:00 Southwell - The Lock Master - €20 @ 11/2 (VC)

• 6:20 Kempton - Zebrano - €20 @ 9/2 (VC)

• 6:20 Kempton - Big Bay - €5 @ 20/1 (Bet365)

1:10 Hereford - Togiak - €50 @ 5/4 (Bet365)

According to Pete came 2nd. Well punted into 9/2 fav but got nailed on the line by a horse who hit 810/1 in running. Zitenka was poor.

Simply Wings came 2nd too, weight told in the end but was well backed into 11/4 and gave me a good run for my money. Flintoff plugged on for a respectable run but nothing much.

The Lock Master pissed in. :D Delighted with that one. Step up in trip was ideal nad Dubai Hills form worked out well.

Zebrano just won too. :D Flew home like he always does when on song and got the better of a decent bunch. Big Bay ran well for a long time but faded.

Togiak was awful. Got word for that one but it never traveled or jumped but that's life, can't win 'em all.

+€90 on the day.

Bank - €1,323.75c (+€323.75c)

Bets - 15
    Wins - 6
    SR - 40%
    Staked - €250
    Returned - €583.75c
    ROI - 133%

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

Good stuff again, made a nice sum for myself thanks to your tips!

I might be looking a bit too forward to the King George but do you go along with Kauto? I'm not too fond of the odds on. Although a fantastic horse, he is 11 now. An alternative for me is to go e/w on The Nightingale at 9's, what does you think of that?

And by the way, heres to a fantastic log!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

well done pyro :)

Cheers Mossyman, makes a change from my other one anyways! It's funny how results are good when I don't bother my arse to give reasoning. :pac:

Wouldn't back Kauto due to the price either, wouldn't back The Nightingale at that price also. He's much too short in my opinion. Henderson's Riverside Theatre is the one I'm interested in at around 16's but I'm still trying to weight up the options. Trying to find a horse to place is the best way of getting a decent return out of this race imo. There's no value in Kauto and I wouldn't be 100% convinced that this'll be a stroll in the park for him either, just didn't impress me at Down Royal although he should improve tenfold for that. Nacarat was interesting until the ground got so soft, now he's massively opposable. Long Run could be a machine around Kempton but I really dislike the horse for no apparent reason! Although I hated Workforce for a while, then fell in "love" with the beast when he won me numerous wheelbarrows of money in the Arc. :D Maybe Long Run could do the same?! Who knows but I'd oppose him too.

Riverside Theatre is the one I always keep going back to. He may not want it so soft but he's a serious animal, unbeaten at Kempton in 4 starts, jumps well, travels well and should improve for the step up in trip unless I'm way off the mark. He has the better jockey of the two Henderson ones that's for sure. 16's just looks too big for a horse who has a lot more improvement to come. The ground is my only worry. He's also really good when fresh so the 2 and a half months off the track will do him no harm. That's my current angle into the race but that could change, I doubt it though.

Hopefully it'll be a good log in the long run (see what I did there?!) and it'd be class if I reached the target. I'll be gradually upping the maximum level of my stakes and with a bit of luck, I'll get there in time. Cheers for the message. :)

Cheers Digme. :D Some more winning days and I'll be a happy man!

Might be worth your while doing your big priced ones each way.
    Youve had a 20 and 33 placed so far. Luckly for me I strayed from your method so had both ew.

lol I didn't even know Big Bay placed! I was too busy being delighted that Zebrano got up. :pac: Just watched it there, cracking effort from him. Just goes to show that dutching may prove some nice dividends if I can get it right.

Such a contrast on this thread to my other one. I'm not making gigantic profits or anything but €300 in 3 days ain't half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

lol I didn't even know Big Bay placed! I was too busy being delighted that Zebrano got up. :pac: Just watched it there, cracking effort from him. Just goes to show that dutching may prove some nice dividends if I can get it right.

Such a contrast on this thread to my other one. I'm not making gigantic profits or anything but €300 in 3 days ain't half bad.

Fantastic start man, keep up the good work!

Cheers fellow Wengerite. :pac: Hopefully the good run doesn't end any time soon. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cheers fellow Wengerite. :pac: Hopefully the good run doesn't end any time soon. :)

Unless it's followed by a 100% streak for the Gunners, in which case reduce the stakes :P

Can't reduce them much further tbh. :pac:

Dutching again.

Selections:
    • 1:30 Lingfield - Avonrose - €15 @ 10/3 (WillHill)

• 1:30 Lingfield - Song To The Moon - €5 @ 9/2 (Bet365)

• 1:50 Musselburgh - Cybora - €15 @ 5/2 (Bet365)

• 1:50 Musselburgh - Lahib the Fifth - €5 @ 16/1 (Powers)

• 1:10 Huntingdon - Investment Affair - €10 @ 5/2 (Bet365)

• 3:10 Huntingdon - Sallys Idea - €30 @ 7/2 (Powers)

• 5:10 Wolves - Cardinal - €5 @ 10/1 (Bet365)

• 5:10 Wolves - Rapid Water - €5 @ 7/1 (VC)

• 5:10 Wolves - Dark Lane - €10 @ 12/1 (VC)

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

Investment affair fell at the first. :(

Ive been following this log for a few days and managed to watch a few races and im starting to like it already.any good sites to learn how to research horses?id love to start.looking forward to the rest of the log.

Another big priced placer.

All of the horses lost and I'll sort out the bank later. Dougal, I'll get back to you too. :)

Quick one..

West Ham vs Arsenal (-1) - €50 @ 13/10 (PaddyPower)

West Ham in disarray, Arsenal with a strong team out. Hoping for a comfortable win but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

All of the horses lost and I'll sort out the bank later. Dougal, I'll get back to you too. :)

Quick one..

West Ham vs Arsenal (-1) - €50 @ 13/10 (PaddyPower)

West Ham in disarray, Arsenal with a strong team out. Hoping for a comfortable win but who knows.

Going to get on this aswell. Good luck

You too mate, hopefully it'll involve no heart attacks but Arsenal usually provide lots of 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Investment affair fell at the first. :(

Ive been following this log for a few days and managed to watch a few races and im starting to like it already.any good sites to learn how to research horses?id love to start.looking forward to the rest of the log.

Don't mean to steal advice on your thread pyro but when I started looking at racing and form I used irishracing.com,and still do. Use the horrse tracker function too,it'll alert you when a horse is running that you put in

-€100 on Friday.

Arsenal win comfortably by 3 goals, should of been more but they were their usual wasteful selves. The bet came in though, thankfully.

+€65 today.

Bank - €1,288.75c (+€288.75c)

Bets - 25
    Wins - 7
    SR - 28%
    Staked - €400
    Returned - €688.75c
    ROI - 72%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Keep it up my good man

This discussion has been closed.