Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Raymond coyle

Dear whom it may concern,
    As chef of Coyles Steakhouse & Grill , I would firstly like to thank you for your feedback on the restaurant which I am taking into consideration in order to provide the best sevice and experience for my customers. As it is a new business and problems will arise in the first instance of opening, I would have really appreciated if your helpful comments were shared with me or members of my staff on the night of question in order to ensure a satisfactory service. I can ensure you that your feedback has been accounted for and hope to see you in the future.

Kind Regards,
    Raymond Coyle
    (Head Chef)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

As chef of Coyles Steakhouse & Grill , I would firstly like to thank you for your feedback on the restaurant which I am taking into consideration in order to provide the best sevice and experience for my customers. As it is a new business and problems will arise in the first instance of opening, I would have really appreciated if your helpful comments were shared with me or members of my staff on the night of question in order to ensure a satisfactory service. I can ensure you that your feedback has been accounted for and hope to see you in the future.

Kind Regards,
    Raymond Coyle
    (Head Chef)

This is what I like to see more of. Fair play to you raymond.

Was in Bru yesterday with a few family (Mother's day).

I love Bru. It's by far the best bar in town. Always good customers. Nice people with no malicious intent. I know some people aren't fond of it, but I can't figure out why. It's such a clean, professional looking environment.

Anyway, the restaurant I'd only ate in once before (and enjoyed it). There were 7 of us this time (8, if you include a one year old). Staff were excellent, and, despite being busy, they were quick to serve and constantly had staff wandering around making sure everyone was okay (but not in the over-bearing way that some restaurants do).

all 7 of us had a main course, 4 had a starter, 3 had dessert, there was plenty of drinking throughout (both alcohol and soft drinks), and the total came in at less than €190 (before tip). How could you fault that!?

Personally I ordered the (starter) Bru Spicy Chicken Wings, which are generally not really something I'd be into (though the starter menu is a bit too fancy for the likes of me anyway). That said, I did enjoy them. They're very well presented and quite tasty (if not a little messy, but that's the nature of the food, I suppose).

For the main I got their 8oz Rib Eye Steak and Chips w/ Pepper Sauce. I'm almost drooling thinking of it. It was gorgeous. I ate it all (I had to) but I shouldn't have. My stomache was killing me afterward (too much). The chips portion is a little on the small side in comparison to the amount of steak, but they were swift to throw extra chips on the table when they seen the others were gone.

Then I got their selection of Ice Cream as a dessert, which, again, was well presented and tasted very nice.

All of their food is very presentable looking, and all of the plates, knives, etc. are always very clean. I must go down there more often. It's fantastic value and the food really is great.

I feel like such a shill writing this, but they really do an excellent job, and they're very friendly.

Was in Genoa today, and although you're not expecting 5 star food, you'd think they'd clean the cups a bit better. Lots of stains. Food was grand though, I suppose. You kinda know what you're getting before you go in.

I'd imagine Genoa did very well today. Was fairly busy when I was in there anyway (4-5ish). Couldn't find anywhere else that was open. I know it's a bank holiday but you'd think one cafe would've stayed open late and reaped the rewards. Should've went to Bru. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

For the main I got their 8oz Rib Eye Steak and Chips w/ Pepper Sauce. I'm almost drooling thinking of it. It was gorgeous.

Its near perfect! I found myself nearly drinking the pepper sauce once i had used it for dipping everything i got on my plate. Sooo good.
    Are they still doing the €22 3 course deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

Is "The Kitchen" beside Simona's gone already?
    It's closed yesterday and today.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Some friends of mine were there on Sunday for their lunch. They had to wait an hour after their starter before they got their main course. Unacceptable in my opinion! The girl didn't even come over to them to apologise for the wait. :( While the food is tasty in there, I've noticed that the service is not great.

Would have to agree with you Shoe Lover... as I said, we dont mind a wait between courses (sipping vino being my favourite part;)) but a few times we've been in, there have been long waits for people. They seem under staffed??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Kind Regards,
    Raymond Coyle
    (Head Chef)

Fair play to you for coming on and replying Raymond, Irish people in particular are afraid or unwilling to complain in person I find, for a new business you should put in place some form of anonymous feedback, maybe a card type thing that you see in lots of places or even start your own thread looking for feedback here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

CMpunked wrote: »
    Its near perfect! I found myself nearly drinking the pepper sauce once i had used it for dipping everything i got on my plate. Sooo good.
    Are they still doing the €22 3 course deal?

Was going to stick up a review of bru as I was there at the weekend. Everything was great apart from the main which was the rib eye steak. Rib eye is my favorite cut of steak and I cant say I enjoyed the one in bru at all. I even questioned if it was rib eye but im not one to complain. The rest of the meal and the service was great so was happy enough. The spicky chicken wings are lovely as is the mango cheesecake. For 27 with the steak supplement its great value.

m.j.w wrote: »
    Was going to stick up a review of bru as I was there at the weekend. Everything was great apart from the main which was the rib eye steak. Rib eye is my favorite cut of steak and I cant say I enjoyed the one in bru at all. I even questioned if it was rib eye but im not one to complain. The rest of the meal and the service was great so was happy enough. The spicky chicken wings are lovely as is the mango cheesecake. For 27 with the steak supplement its great value.

Really? I must say I'm surprised to hear that. Don't get me wrong now, I'm no steak connoisseur, but I thought that it was really, really nice.

I'm very surprised to hear your report. I'd have definitely said it to them if you weren't happy. Suppose they can't get it perfect all the time, obviously, but I certainly would've said it to them at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Really? I must say I'm surprised to hear that. Don't get me wrong now, I'm no steak connoisseur, but I thought that it was really, really nice.

I'm very surprised to hear your report. I'd have definitely said it to them if you weren't happy. Suppose they can't get it perfect all the time, obviously, but I certainly would've said it to them at the time.

We were at a birthday party and didnt want to create a fuss and to be honest I probably wouldnt have complained anyway. As someone said above we irish arent very good at complaining. Im mad into my steak and im pretty sure it wasnt rib eye, tasted more like rump steak. Couldnt fault them with anything else though so would definetly go back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭positron

I know this is getting boring (oh here goes, yet another one, yaaawn etc) - we had another lovely session at Eastern Sea Board (yaaaawn.. zzz zzzz zzzzzz).

As rare as the recent spell of amazing weather to our shores (20 degrees in March, not a pesky cloud to be seen anywhere, warm gentle breeze from dawn to dusk, sweet jebuz, when did we move to Costa Del Sol?), it was probably equally rare for ESB to have a such a less-busy Sunday afternoon. The place was about 40% unoccupied, which was strange for ESB I thought. Must be the good weather. Who wants to be indoors when outdoors has morphed itself into South of France, sans the French?

Anyway, we were a group of 4.1 and everyone was delighted with all the dishes, everything tasted brilliant, and they seems to have, err, to use a totally wrong and irrelevant word, 'right-sized' their portions. Prices are okay too, especially for the quality and taste, and for the added satisfaction that food is locally sourced when popular. It's good to see cheese, vegetables etc that's locally produced - something very satisfying about it. So a nice two-course dinner (or a large lunch, if you want to look at it that way) for four of us, without alcohol, worked out around €80. Everyone came out happy, including the 0.1 person who got bread-sticks etc to mess with.

You had me confused about the 4.1 till the last sentence! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

is jaffas restaurant gone??

edit: heard from a few people now that jaffas is closed, ah well i suppose thats the way it seemed to be going the last while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

I thought D'Vine had a pretty boring menu tbh. The food wasn't bad but definitely over-priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubdee

Rossin wrote: »

edit: heard from a few people now that jaffas is closed, ah well i suppose thats the way it seemed to be going the last while

So it seems! Went over for lunch yesterday as I thoughtbitbwould be nice to sit outside. It's been completely cleared out. Another one gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

dubdee wrote: »
    Rossin wrote: »

So it seems! Went over for lunch yesterday as I thoughtbitbwould be nice to sit outside. It's been completely cleared out. Another one gone!!

Yup and apparently the only reason the express is still open Is because they are stuck in contract with the rent

Sad it was THE place for lunch on the day

PinkFly wrote: »
    Yup and apparently the only reason the express is still open Is because they are stuck in contract with the rent

Sad it was THE place for lunch on the day

I need that place to stay open. I will go cold turkey if i cant get one of those triple deckers!

But its a bit of a shock to see Jaffas close, tbh, like they were always somewhat busy. Wonder what the deal was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

CMpunked wrote: »
    But its a bit of a shock to see Jaffas close, tbh, like they were always somewhat busy. Wonder what the deal was there.

The service had gone down hill in there though! The last time I was in there, they gave us stale cake and then looked at us like we were nuts when we sent it back. Shame to see it go though, it was good back in the day.

Never liked jaffas riverside. Always found the food was crap and overpriced. Service was dreadful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

I know it's a bit out of the region but , Fidelma's in Dunshauglin is the best breakfast around...I used to work over that neck of the woods and still venture over every now and again for one...that is all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

I think the hardware in other areas are doing well so I guess they've given up here. Its a pity alright if they had of kept up the standard they used to have id still be there once a week :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

Not that I was ever a fan of Jaffa's but this town is becoming more and more limited to places to get some daycent grub!

Any update on Coyles steakhouse? Has anyone else tried since the owner posted on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Im heading on a date this evening and we are heading to Brú. Anyone have any opinions on this and what is recommended/not recommended from the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mornington man

Bru is a nice place for meeting and food. their menu is varied and good. Go for what you like. Personal recommendations are just that, ie other peoples preferences. If you have any queries then ask the staff. Enjoy!!

PS Must be serious, you could have been brought to McDonalds, just across the river Ha Ha:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Thanks for the advice. Oh and thats very true, and then we would have had a lovely view of the swanky restaurant across the water as I feel her daggers being pierced into my skull while im looking over at it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Have done a date or 2 in Bru myself! I got the Salmon Teriyaki [can't spell it!] but noodles are a tricky one to eat on a first date haha!

Best of luck though :) I'm always a fan of the Black Bull for a date but bound to run into someone I know there so generally Bru it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Just abad word about Bia. Sick to DEATH with the angry, bored, rude waitress there that seems to think that every customer is an inconvenience to her day. It's the older lady. (The others are wonderful)

A few friends have already sworn never to go back because it just ruins the entire experience for them. She held back the baby bowl for a screaming hungry baby until AFTER the main dishes for the adults arrived, pretty shocking. On top of that she was rude and miserable as always making customers feel bad about their visit.

Even in these times customer service is STILL hitting rock bottom. What do we have to do to convince businesses how important it is especially when they have a good thing going and the only thing letting it down is one or two really bad staff who think they own the place and can do what they like.

Lantus wrote: »
    Just abad word about Bia. Sick to DEATH with the angry, bored, rude waitress there that seems to think that every customer is an inconvenience to her day. It's the older lady. (The others are wonderful)

Completely agree. I have had several bad experiences with her and had my concerns raised a few times to the manager (the black haired polish woman who doesnt seem to be there anymore). She seemed to be alright for a while until she left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kk7

What do we have to do to convince businesses how important it is

Vote with your feet!!

Advertisement