Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Or is could just be two different pictures of Ally... I really hope they are not going the book route!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Or is could just be two different pictures of Ally... I really hope they are not going the book route!

^ lots of speculation and theories online, the IMDB forum is great as is the HUGE PLL thread here: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showforum=491
    What's coming up on Pretty Little Liars? —Nikki
    NATALIE: The Halloween prequel showed us that good guy Lucas has an evil side, and it looks like the PLLs will soon discover it. "There's a big reveal coming up for Lucas ... [he's] getting scarier and scarier," executive producer Oliver Goldstick tells us. Could this be related to the other big hints Goldstick offered about the rest of Season 2? "Somebody is getting arrested and somebody is getting killed."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Private-Practice-Castle-Dexter-Spoilers-1039752.aspx

More casting news, endless parade of male hotties....does PLL know it's target demographic or what? :-)

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/11/pretty-little-liars-casts-aussie-actor-lachlan-buchanan.html

^ "Whenever there's a new guy in Rosewood, it tends to spell trouble for the "Pretty Little Liars" ladies, and we're guessing this time is no different."

LOL!...so true!, they usually end up being weirdos or creepers, :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Only half way through the 1st season. I really wanna like it but they need to drop the big paedo kiddie fiddler angle. Making that shít into some cute little thing. A grown ass man in a teachers position with a 16 year old student is sick. Also that Alison chick with Ian and the Spencer one with both her sisters fellas. Barely a mention of the legality of it nor the morality of it. They try to make it all cute and the friends covering up and trying to make it seem ok.

Only half way through the 1st season. I really wanna like it but they need to drop the big paedo kiddie fiddler angle. Making that shít into some cute little thing. A grown ass man in a teachers position with a 16 year old student is sick. Also that Alison chick with Ian and the Spencer one with both her sisters fellas. Barely a mention of the legality of it nor the morality of it. They try to make it all cute and the friends covering up and trying to make it seem ok.

LOL!....we've LONG discussed our disgust at Ezria and the blantant peado angle that hovers around alot of the male characters, in fact...almost every male on the show at some time is a perv or a creeper.

Ian and his pervy gang had it on it seems with all the underage girls, never mind his perv vids. You're right about the legallity angle of Ezra was washed over or ignored on the show, but not by those watching....it's still a very hot topic, there are no positive male role models at all, Jason is the latest creeper and before him we had Toby, but Marlene King is a shipper so she redeemed them and then swiftly hooked 'em up with one of the liars.

• Advertisement

I haven't been reading forums or anything but i'm sure it has well been discussed and hated on. If they wanted to go with that story arc but play him as this bad guy and show repercussions for what he is doing it wouldn't be too bad. But they try to make him out like a really likable guy and almost as if they are trying to justify it. Still a few episodes left so i'm hoping he goes down and gets exposed. But i don't hold much hope. It's been dragged out seemingly to a pointless end at this stage. I do like the show but that one thing is just something that pisses me off each episode.

I haven't been reading forums or anything but i'm sure it has well been discussed and hated on. If they wanted to go with that story arc but play him as this bad guy and show repercussions for what he is doing it wouldn't be too bad. But they try to make him out like a really likable guy and almost as if they are trying to justify it. Still a few episodes left so i'm hoping he goes down and gets exposed. But i don't hold much hope. It's been dragged out seemingly to a pointless end at this stage. I do like the show but that one thing is just something that pisses me off each episode.

^ i've personally taken issue with the Ezra issue many times, as have others...sadly what happens is, much like GG, when you see articles online about Aria or Ezra the shippers chime in and try to defend them and it's a huge shipper war :rolleyes:

Season 2b holds promise on the Ezra front as an upcoming episode apparently has
    Ezra getting punched out
    :D

Didn't read the spoiler Richard. I'm gonna wait till the entire season 2 has aired before i'll watch it. Just can't watch tv shows week to week anymore. But i hold hope considering the smiley face after the tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They won't portray Ezra in a bad light because the tweens love the idea of a teacher and a student...... and because they want to deflect negative attention from the character. If the show highlights him as being morally suspect, the audience begins to look at him in a different light with other aspects of the show.

Having watched the show in one big go, I'm pretty convinced that Ezra is 'A' for many, many reasons. I fastened on to the idea really early on. The 4th or 5th episode maybe and once the idea is in your head, you begin to look for signs. There are many of them. I'd even go so far as to say there is one in every episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Kirby wrote: »
    Having watched the show in one big go, I'm pretty convinced that Ezra is 'A' for many, many reasons. I fastened on to the idea really early on. The 4th or 5th episode maybe and once the idea is in your head, you begin to look for signs. There are many of them. I'd even go so far as to say there is one in every episode.

I know when you pointed out the
    typewriter in Ezra's apartment and the typed notes from A
    to me I was :eek: ZOMG! HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS BEFORE! and there definitely are other, very subtle hints throughout if you're looking for them.
    The possibility of Ezra having been in that creepy video club thing a few of the other male characters were listed as being in in the yearbook is a big one too.

Was Ezra in the flashback Halloween episode at all? I didn't notice him.

I for one hope they don't go down this twin route. I'd feel a bit cheated if they did to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Was Ezra in the flashback Halloween episode at all? I didn't notice him.

Aria hadn't met him yet but she bumps into him at Hollis when she goes to see her Dad.

They won't portray Ezra in a bad light because the tweens love the idea of a teacher and a student...... and because they want to deflect negative attention from the character. If the show highlights him as being morally suspect, the audience begins to look at him in a different light with other aspects of the show.

You're not alone...many think it's him as well: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3194801&st=5745

I agree they are afraid of the Ezra question and skirt around it all the time, i don't think they'll ever face it head on, in fact in season 2a they made moves to quell the outrage by moving Ezra to Hollis + apparently Ezra is only 24 on the show :rolleyes:

So it's all legal in Rosewood, as sure the age of consent is 16...... :rolleyes:

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Lol @ the girls in the orange jumpsuits.

111128mag-pretty-little-liars-firstlook1.jpg

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pretty-Little-Liars-1040215.aspx

:p

@Brenda33331: Give us something on PLL please!
    Prepare for some heartbreak because Pretty Little Liars' core four is breaking apart when the hit show returns in January! About a month has passed since Aria (Lucy Hale), Emily (Shay Mitchell), Hanna (Ashley Benson) and Spencer (Troian Bellisario) were arrested and they "are at each others' throats!" Meow! Emily in particular has been iced out completely, which might leave her vulnerable to "A."

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/spoiler_chat_glee_supernatural_once/277209#ixzz1f7F3sWIm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You and your spoilers! :D

I never understood that. Surely knowing whats going to happen ruins the enjoyment of it? Its like reading a 1 page synopsis of a book....instead of reading the book itself. Wheres the fun and intrigue of guessing what comes next?

I can understand wanting to know casting spoilers. Who is leaving the show and who is joining etc......but plot points? You are ruining it for yourself Richard. You must resist!

You and your spoilers! :D

I never understood that. Surely knowing whats going to happen ruins the enjoyment of it? Its like reading a 1 page synopsis of a book....instead of reading the book itself. Wheres the fun and intrigue of guessing what comes next?

I can understand wanting to know casting spoilers. Who is leaving the show and who is joining etc......but plot points? You are ruining it for yourself Richard. You must resist!

I don't actually read the spoilers, just post links or copy text....some do like the spoilery stuff.

• Advertisement

Byron's face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ps. - we broke 23,000! .......!!

heads up....fresh episode tonight!

It's been a pretty eventful two episodes! Finally Aria and Ezra are out in the open, hopefully this is them over forever!

So Lucas apparently was helping A. It was quite a scary scene when it was just Spencer and him alone in the attic. The boat scene was great, and we're left with the question whether Lucas survived. They are obviously trying to make it seem as if Jenna and her boyfriend are the co-conspirators but they also showed Noel and Mona as other possibilities.

It will be really interesting to see if Jenna gets her sight back and how it will play out. Also on a side note, you have to feel sorry for Spencer always being left in that house on her own!

^ yep...two cracking opening episodes, but...it was very obvious that lucas was gonna tell Hammah he loved her + couldn
    t be friends with her anymore cause it was too painful, but Hannah thought he was gonna kill her and whapped him on the head!...lol.

They are deffo tryna put the suspicion on Noel and Mona for sure....we were just taking a dip eh?

Two very strong opening eps. ratings are ace, good stuff.

Pretty good ep. this week with the truth about Lucas, i think alot of people called it....they telegraphed it two weeks back when they showed Lucas on his laptop and the gambling website.

Still though...Hannah could have killed him!, jesus....whapped him on the head, he could have drowned you silly moo!....yet, she says HE'S changed???????
    The Aria/Ezra stuff is still annoying....jaysus, slow mo walking toward each other with love type music, it was all so....Notebook.

Listen, i ship a good love story as much as anyone but i still can't get past he's a creepy perv dating a teen girl, Spencer has turned into Sherlock Holmes....she's hunting clues y'all.

Emily and Maya....lol!, he won't leave me alone....wait?, WHAT??????.......LOL!
    Emily's face!!!!!!!!!!....haha!, so Maya plays for boths teams. The live bait stuff was puke material.

This thread is dead compared to the start of the season! Anyway a few big reveals, did not see Jason being Spencer's half sister. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The Holden storyline is pretty boring. I liked the Kate storyline though, it was well done and it was nice to see Hannah's mum believe her. Looking forward to next week and seeing what this person has to say.

Edging closer and closer to finding out who -A is!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Advertisement