Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

carlcon wrote: »
    If you've got a similar team to everyone on here, then you're going to do better than 90% of FF players.

I hear ya Carl, I do.
    However, last year there were a core of about 7 players that everyone had and all did well with them. Where the extra points came from was indeed the right captain choice and getting in early on future bandwagons but in the first week, there's always a risk that doesn't exist when things have settled down.
    N'Zogbia was one of those sure things when the year started but he never delivered and everyone this year is risking having one of him in the team at the start. My team isn't hugely different from people here but there are a few of the players that are obvious gambles in other teams that I think may be riskier than what I'm going for.

All in all though, that's what's great about this game. The risk, the gambles paying off and the proving of your opinions on this wonderful game we all follow.

Best of luck this year by the way, and that goes for everyone.
    Let the games commence! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

smokingman wrote: »
    I hear ya Carl, I do.
    However, last year there were a core of about 7 players that everyone had and all did well with them. Where the extra points came from was indeed the right captain choice and getting in early on future bandwagons but in the first week, there's always a risk that doesn't exist when things have settled down.
    N'Zogbia was one of those sure things when the year started but he never delivered and everyone this year is risking having one of him in the team at the start. My team isn't hugely different from people here but there are a few of the players that are obvious gambles in other teams that I think may be riskier than what I'm going for.

All in all though, that's what's great about this game. The risk, the gambles paying off and the proving of your opinions on this wonderful game we all follow.

Best of luck this year by the way, and that goes for everyone.
    Let the games commence! :D

You're right, actually. After I'd typed that long response, I realised I was mostly talking about mid and end of season. The beginning is different. As you say, N'Zogbia was in everyone's starting team last year. Moses too. Both useless. That's bound to happen with at least a few players who we're all keen on.

So yeah... at some point a few weeks in, we'll all have similar teams, but to start, we're likely to mix it up a bit until the form players pop up.

Nozebleed wrote: »
    this is it..the final draft..opinions,please.

ff3.jpg

No City players is the first thing that pops out at me. Then Lampard's position in the Chelsea first team is up in the air. Question mark over Nelsen too.

Crouch has Arsenal, City and Chelsea in his first 5 games, so I'd be worried there too.

I definitely think you can save money by dropping Lampard for a 6.5 MF, so you can improve elsewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Having 3 Chelsea players is rightly screwing up funding!

Anyway here's my latest offering.

Cole will be dropped to probably the cheapest starting United defender. Hopefully that'll give me a million to play with. If Dawson is getting the nod for Spurs then I'll put him in before Kelly - Spurs have an easy run of fixtures to start with.

I have Bale in because of Spurs easy run. We'll just have to see how Kagawa/Hazard do and switch around between the other similar price players as required.

Then there's the top 3 - if Tevez plays then it sorts a huge problem out for me. Finding the money for Aguero and Rooney would be very tough. Torres will be dropped for Rooney.

I've £1m in the bank with that team.

What do you think?

team2fj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

No City players is the first thing that pops out at me. Then Lampard's position in the Chelsea first team is up in the air. Question mark over Nelsen too.

Crouch has Arsenal, City and Chelsea in his first 5 games, so I'd be worried there too.

I definitely think you can save money by dropping Lampard for a 6.5 MF, so you can improve elsewhere.

If you replace Lampard with McClean/Larrson you would improve your midfield as Lampard won't consistently start. As for no Man city players, Micah Richards is worth a look at to replace Jones. Otherwise it's a very good team.

Shane732, your team is very very good. The only thing is I can't see Tevez starting much, I went for Darren Bent for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Reasonably happy at the moment.
    Would appreciate opinions... ways to improve. 1m in bank.

4puBg.jpg

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭basillarkin

this is it..the final draft..opinions,please.

ff3.jpg
    Why no Man City players?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Shane732 wrote: »
    Having 3 Chelsea players is rightly screwing up funding!

Anyway here's my latest offering.

Cole will be dropped to probably the cheapest starting United defender. Hopefully that'll give me a million to play with. If Dawson is getting the nod for Spurs then I'll put him in before Kelly - Spurs have an easy run of fixtures to start with.

I have Bale in because of Spurs easy run. We'll just have to see how Kagawa/Hazard do and switch around between the other similar price players as required.

Then there's the top 3 - if Tevez plays then it sorts a huge problem out for me. Finding the money for Aguero and Rooney would be very tough. Torres will be dropped for Rooney.

I've £1m in the bank with that team.

What do you think?

Nice team and one of the first I've seen with Bale in it.

Get The Pog in your starting line-up now just in case the site shuts down for the next 2 weeks :P.

I'd prefer to have Kagawa in the team ahead of one of your cheaper midfielders.

The Tevez gamble might work out but I'd be wary of it. Look out for their formations in pre-season and especially in the Charity Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

You're right, actually. After I'd typed that long response, I realised I was mostly talking about mid and end of season. The beginning is different. As you say, N'Zogbia was in everyone's starting team last year. Moses too. Both useless. That's bound to happen with at least a few players who we're all keen on.

So yeah... at some point a few weeks in, we'll all have similar teams, but to start, we're likely to mix it up a bit until the form players pop up.

Victor came good in the end though!:) Started banging them in at the end of the season when it really matterd for Wigan, a lot of people jumped on him again then! myself being one of them!

On another note... just looking at other comments and as someone else pointed out Fabio probably isn't going to do all that well even if he is a regular starter! QPR have a horrible record for clean sheets last season!(not certain but only something like 7 i think?) I have him in my team at the moment but contemplating changing him for McCartney off West Ham but does anyone know if hes a regular starter for them? at 4mil id happily swap if he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭pah

First draught team here. No cash to spare but option to dgrade Torres for jelavic or dissensions if he doesn't produce.

Any opinions?

export_03.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bryan01

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Not a bad team. I take it Hughes in your defence is Aaron Hughes of Fulham, if so i would swap him for Carlos Cuellar of Sunderland. Hughes scored very well Fantasy Football wise for the 2010/11 season and even the two seasons before that and had a good partnership with Hangeland but for some reason Martin Jol did not seem to fancy him last season and he did not play him as much. The reason for Cuellar is because he is also 4.5m and he will rotate perfectly all season with Steven Taylor of Newcastle depending on who is playing home or away.

Ty for reply, something to consider certainly. Hughes has started all the preseason games so far for Fulham, while Senderos has not started one. Figured id get him in for Fulham's nice fixtures early on, and then switch to Cuellar if he does start for Sunderland afterwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

64093120.jpg

Advice/Critism appreciated!.This is my first draft, sure to be changed another 20 times before the start of the season. Had Bale in but with his recent injury, I'm not sure he will be 100 percent at the start of the season. Had Valencia in but can see too much rotation problems.

Nice team and one of the first I've seen with Bale in it.

Get The Pog in your starting line-up now just in case the site shuts down for the next 2 weeks :P.

I'd prefer to have Kagawa in the team ahead of one of your cheaper midfielders.

The Tevez gamble might work out but I'd be wary of it. Look out for their formations in pre-season and especially in the Charity Shield.

Oh the starting line-up isn't confirmed at all. I didn't even look at who was starting just concentrating on getting a team together.

I have Bale in because on paper Spurs have an easy first 6 weeks, with the exception of Newcastle on day one which in itself isn't too bad. For that reason I'd like a Spurs defender in but I'm not willing to spend 6.5 on a Spurs defender - I already have plenty of money tied up on defenders. If Dawson starts then he has to be good value at 5.0. I might stretch to Kaboul at 5.5 if he starts.

Newcastle had an unbelievable year last year but I have a gut feeling that they won't be as strong this year. Of course this could be complete rubbish.

Tevez is an issue for me all right. If his head is in the right place and Mancini has a mind to play him then he should be able to nail down the starting position. However, in reality I assume the all the strikers will rotate beside Aguero.

I've a lack of Arsenal players in my team - it'll be interesting to see how they line up. Gervinho is classed as a midfielder this year, if he starts up front then he might be worth thinking about as a differential (if people are so inclined).

I'm not at all happy with that team. No Rooney, potentially no starting City striker, 2 new midfielders which is a risk, Bale (it cost me my main league last year by having Bale instead of Dempsey).

Will Hernandez start for United?

cup of tea wrote: »
    64093120.jpg

Advice/Critism appreciated!.This is my first draft, sure to be changed another 20 times before the start of the season. Had Bale in but with his recent injury, I'm not sure he will be 100 percent at the start of the season. Had Valencia in but can see too much rotation problems.

Your team isn't showing up properly for me....

Here you go:

64093120.jpg

You have a lot tied up in your defense - two 5.0+ keepers and three 5.5+ defenders. Your midfield is suffering because of it - you only have one top midfielder. Strike force is good.

Personally I'd go for Cole above Cahill has he's a nailed on starter. Cahill could be subject to rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Why no Man City players?

well...the way i see it..if everyone has the same man city players in there team..and they dont perform..i'll gain points. Over the last few seasons FF has been all about strikers..everone had van persie as captain,rooney,bale,aguero in their team last year..it was ridiculous..the only way you could gain points on leaders was to have alternate players,and thats what im doing..

man city are gona implode this season anyway!

Quoting for May 2013 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Shane732 wrote: »
    Oh the starting line-up isn't confirmed at all. I didn't even look at who was starting just concentrating on getting a team together.

I have Bale in because on paper Spurs have an easy first 6 weeks, with the exception of Newcastle on day one which in itself isn't too bad. For that reason I'd like a Spurs defender in but I'm not willing to spend 6.5 on a Spurs defender - I already have plenty of money tied up on defenders. If Dawson starts then he has to be good value at 5.0. I might stretch to Kaboul at 5.5 if he starts.

Newcastle had an unbelievable year last year but I have a gut feeling that they won't be as strong this year. Of course this could be complete rubbish.

Tevez is an issue for me all right. If his head is in the right place and Mancini has a mind to play him then he should be able to nail down the starting position. However, in reality I assume the all the strikers will rotate beside Aguero.

I've a lack of Arsenal players in my team - it'll be interesting to see how they line up. Gervinho is classed as a midfielder this year, if he starts up front then he might be worth thinking about as a differential (if people are so inclined).

I'm not at all happy with that team. No Rooney, potentially no starting City striker, 2 new midfielders which is a risk, Bale (it cost me my main league last year by having Bale instead of Dempsey).

Will Hernandez start for United?

I'm thinking of Kaboul myself.

I think Tevez has a good chance of starting. I'd imagine that he'll start ahead of Dzeko. Not quite sure about Balotelli. The only thing I'd worry about is him not getting enough games. Mancini has a difficult task on his hands keeping three temperamental strikers and Aguero happy for the whole season. Already Dzeko has come out and said that he's "too good to be sitting on the bench".

If I was to say right now about Hernandez, I reckon he won't start the season. Then again it all depends on the formation used. If Kagawa plays in the hole then he won't get a game. If Kagawa is (and I pray to every deity around that this doesn't happen) shunted out to the wing or he plays in CM with two up top then he'll have a good chance of starting. He was barred from going to the Olympics so Fergie must have plans for him.

I'm thinking of Kaboul myself.

I think Tevez has a good chance of starting. I'd imagine that he'll start ahead of Dzeko. Not quite sure about Balotelli. The only thing I'd worry about is him not getting enough games. Mancini has a difficult task on his hands keeping three temperamental strikers and Aguero happy for the whole season. Already Dzeko has come out and said that he's "too good to be sitting on the bench".

If I was to say right now about Hernandez, I reckon he won't start the season. Then again it all depends on the formation used. If Kagawa plays in the hole then he won't get a game. If Kagawa is (and I pray to every deity around that this doesn't happen) shunted out to the wing or he plays in CM with two up top then he'll have a good chance of starting. He was barred from going to the Olympics so Fergie must have plans for him.

Fergie was saying that last season he had to much game time pre season and he didn't get a proper pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Ok changed things around again... Now strongly thinking of sticking with this...

Federici

Colocini----Lescott
    Rafael

Noble---Kagawa---Hazard--Bale

----Torres----Aguero---Pog----

Subs: Begovic Fabio McCartney Britton

Hated switching Siggy for Bale but I just cant tell how he is going to go with Spurs so I think I'll play safe with Bale, especially as I have 2 new signings in Kag and Hazard... Both have played and scored in pre season so I know its a risk but really exciting players who should both start...

Torres, Kun & Pog up front is a really popular choice for GW1 can't see past that at the moment, 2 mil in reserve to change out Torres if he continues last seasons form...

I know Britton doesn't score well in FF terms, but he starts and @ 4.5m I cant think of another guaranteed starter to go for? If Torres hits form then the 2m could be used to upgrade him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Lads gimme your thoughts on this please.

376172c9.jpg

• Advertisement

Lads gimme your thoughts on this please.

376172c9.jpg

Same attack as me, as I said can't see past it for the DGW... Do you have any funds in reserve??

I have Fabio but I don't think I'd start him, can't see QPR keeping too many clean sheets, but good sub as I thinks he'll start...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭dahat

3d03b1759995126dfe885b7335df114c.png?1344091011

Struggling to find a good midfield combo,have both Hazard and Kagawa but both seems pretty crazy to me.......
    Jenkinson does concern me,unsure if he will be first choice early on though Sagna is injured so here is hoping....
    Forwards i am happy with,should do well early,hopefully,Bent is a replacement for Torres if needed after the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭dahat

stephen_k wrote: »
    Same attack as me, as I said can't see past it for the DGW... Do you have any funds in reserve??

I have Fabio but I don't think I'd start him, can't see QPR keeping too many clean sheets, but good sub as I thinks he'll start...

Fabio will be an assist machine this season,Hughes will give him plenty games and he is far more potent going forward than his brother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

dahat wrote: »
    Fabio will be an assist machine this season,Hughes will give him plenty games and he is far more potent going forward than his brother

He's played all over for them in pre season . Rb lb on the wings and even in cm the other night .

Hughes must really rate him .

Why no Man City players?

well...the way i see it..if everyone has the same man city players in there team..and they dont perform..i'll gain points. Over the last few seasons FF has been all about strikers..everone had van persie as captain,rooney,bale,aguero in their team last year..it was ridiculous..the only way you could gain points on leaders was to have alternate players,and thats what im doing..

I'll give the same response to this that I gave everyone last season who tried the "don't pick the top players because everyone has them" approach.

You will not catch up by going slower.

And they didn't. Searching for alternative players to the proven best won't end well.

To change it a little to suit the start of the season: You will not keep up by going slower.

Regardless of who wins the league this season, City are going to finish with one of the highest scoring records, and one of the highest clean sheet records. There's a very good reason why we all end up with similar teams in the end; an it's not because we want others to catch up.

He's played all over for them in pre season . Rb lb on the wings and even in cm the other night .

Hughes must really rate him .

You see my thinking on it is, he could play out of his skin, but if there is no one getting on the end of his crosses and QPR don't keep a clean sheet then he scores you nothing... A City or Utd defender would have the better chance of a clean sheet... Looking at Utds defence I think Raf will be a consistant starter...

But I think he is definitly one to keep an eye on very closely and if QPR put on a run of form, he is in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

I'll give the same response to this that I gave everyone last season who tried the "don't pick the top players because everyone has them" approach.

You will not catch up by going slower.

And they didn't. Searching for alternative players to the proven best won't end well.

To change it a little to suit the start of the season: You will not keep up by going slower.

Regardless of who wins the league this season, City are going to finish with one of the highest scoring records, and one of the highest clean sheet records. There's a very good reason why we all end up with similar teams in the end; an it's not because we want others to catch up.

yeah i know what your saying..but man city are not guaranteed to have a good season. its a recipe for disaster. too much quality sitting on the bench. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

yeah i know what your saying..but man city are not guaranteed to have a good season. its a recipe for disaster. too much quality sitting on the bench. :cool:

They will do better than 80% of the teams in the league, minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

BKC wrote: »
    They will do better than 80% of the teams in the league, minimum.

80% of the league is 16 teams, so you are predicting City will finish in the top 4.

Brave. :D

Whoever finishes above City will win the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

alproctor wrote: »
    80% of the league is 16 teams, so you are predicting City will finish in the top 4.

Brave. :D

Whoever finishes above City will win the league.

:pac:

I was just pointing out to the person who said City aren't guaranteed a good season that, even if they have a poor season, they will still finish top 4 and their players will still outscore most others.

If you want a proper prediction from me, Man City will win the league. ;)

Advertisement