Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband ping/jitter.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wagga321

Finally got a call from a customer complaints manager who seemed sympathetic to my situation and has raised it to network management who are to call me tomorrow! She admitted though that basically there is an issue but they cant nail it down to fix it! So as well as ****ty customer care,they're unable to run their own network! Unbelievable!

IF they ever manage to fix it I'm not staying unless I get at least 6 months free as compensation for their incompetence! They can either lose 6 months rental off me or lose me as a customer,it's makes no odds to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 brensplit

Wagga321 wrote: »
    Finally got a call from a customer complaints manager who seemed sympathetic to my situation and has raised it to network management who are to call me tomorrow! She admitted though that basically there is an issue but they cant nail it down to fix it! So as well as ****ty customer care,they're unable to run their own network! Unbelievable!

Can't nail it down? Holy christ I have sent them a list with the offenders servers.. all of them Chello ones in Germany.... :confused:

Thing is,they are IDIOTS! They won't listen to anything I've told them from this forum! They say it's a signal to noise ratio problem and still tell me I'm the only one in the area with problems.I told them from my experience they have no regard for the customer and feel we will all stick with them cause they have the best product! But the product doesn't work,their customer care is up their ass and they seem completely ****ing clueless at troubleshooting beyond switching my router and telling me to reboot it occasionally! Sadly though,I'm not sure any other provider is any better!

I cannot actually believe whoever you are talking to is still saying its just your issue... you can mention my ****ing incident number of you want... even teh technician said he had been around swords with this issue. They initially thought it was an issue with the Thompson routers.

• Advertisement

Only reason I'm sticking with them for now is so I can be compensated for their failure to provide the service I'm paying for.unfortunately my direct debit just went out so they now owe me money.Gas thing is when I asked about cancelling they tell me they need 30 days notice! I explained they'd get that if I was cancelling for my own reasons but as its their fault this won't be happening! They said they'll discuss this when I cancel.Should be a laugh!

Thats a nonsense... im going to go with Magnet after today then it looks like....

You think magnet are better than Eircom? Neither getting good reviews but I suppose it's only people with issues who post!

You think magnet are better than Eircom? Neither getting good reviews but I suppose it's only people with issues who post!

:mad: Is there any other decent options to go with for gaming?

Just had another tech guy out and he's convinced it's not a problem at my end.showed him the results of a twelve hour test I ran and he could clearly see where it all falls apart,at the chello server 84.116.130.105.ping shoots up from 12 to 126ms at this server.anyway he took down the server ip and will pass it on.let you know what happens! Is this the same chello server your tests are showing as the problem?

• Advertisement

Just had another tech guy out and he's convinced it's not a problem at my end.showed him the results of a twelve hour test I ran and he could clearly see where it all falls apart,at the chello server 84.116.130.105.ping shoots up from 12 to 126ms at this server.anyway he took down the server ip and will pass it on.let you know what happens! Is this the same chello server your tests are showing as the problem?

EXACTLY... there is 4 chello IPs involved in a 15 stage hop... and they are 11-14 and thats where the packet loss and ip increase occur... next stage is to ask for the RMC department to reroute the connection so it doesnt use these servers... this is what I am waiting on..

Just closed my account! Still not fixed and not one manager with the balls to even talk to me! They asked me to wait till Tuesday when a customer complaints manager will call me but absolutely no talk of fixing the problem! I'm amazed at how idiotic they've been through all this.You have any joy getting rerouted?

Just closed my account! Still not fixed and not one manager with the balls to even talk to me! They asked me to wait till Tuesday when a customer complaints manager will call me but absolutely no talk of fixing the problem! I'm amazed at how idiotic they've been through all this.You have any joy getting rerouted?

My case is now with the area manager, they are totally aware its a network issue but they are going to take a couple of days to resolve it. So.. not fixed but they know there is an issue but getting the server fixed or the reroute is still gonna take a few more days... Ill keep ya posted... ill just be watching movies for the next few days it seems.

Bren

you are not gonna believe this but I just came home and it seems to be fixed.... gonna test for the next few hours...... looks like you shouldn't have cancelled :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

brensplit wrote: »
    you are not gonna believe this but I just came home and it seems to be fixed.... gonna test for the next few hours...... looks like you shouldn't have cancelled :-/

Same here! Ran a ton of traceroutes and pingtests and all seems green across the board.

Same here,all running sweet again.Engineer rang to say it was a problem at one of the exchanges that was affecting the whole area but you'd only have noticed it if you did a lot of streaming or online gaming! At least it's fixed! I'm still with them as they gave me a free month when I cancelled.Due for a customer complaints manager to call on Tuesday so I'll see if they can entice me to stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

O forgot to update, silly me

Issue is fixed for my (Swords)

Customer support rang last week to inform me that technicians were confident they had resolved the issue in my area and service should now be resumed to normal, if I experienced any additional issues to ring back and let them now.

So far its back to its old smashingly good reliable stuff ;)

This crap seems to have started again tonight :(

Advertisement