Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urbus airport link

• 17-02-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Anyone used this service? How long does it take form Blanchardstown SC to the airport?
    Are there any other bus links from Dublin 15 to the airport?
    Taxi service seems to be very expensive from the airport to Blanch, it cost me €40!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It's about 30/40 mins depending on traffic, and there are no other direct buses to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Murt10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

another option would be train to drumcondra and 16a or 41 from outside the station

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Ur bus is fine, used to be awful though if you missed one and the next was an hour away. Now they have a handy google maps widget that shows their routes. It's on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

URbus stopped running on weekends last autumn. I know a few people who got caught out by that. I just use one of the discount on meter taxi companies like 8202020 - my OH got them to the airport this week at 11am and the fare was €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spring21

Thanks all, the taxi fare to the airpot is around 20 which is not bad. The expensive one is from the airpot ,over €35 each time . I didnt know that u actually can ask the same taxi driver to pick u up from the airport as there are the airoport taxi guys doing this runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

There is a car park section for pre-booked taxis at the airport so you can have one meet you there but in theory would have to pay the meter rate if the taxi has to wait. Some taxi companies used to have a car go to departures to pick people up thus by-passing the official taxi rank but the airport police have been clamping down on that in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Hi. Does anybody know if the URBUS still operates via st margarets road? I'm not too sure if they're still in operation? I've emailed them but haven't gotten any reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Timetable is here.

It's not clear from that if the bus still serves IKEA.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

ive used it a few times and found it fine.
    ONly issue for me is buses stop running early enough in the day.
    I think it only takes about 30 mins. Never seen it go to IKEA.
    Last time I used it was back in Octover though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

It no longer serves IKEA.

Advertisement