Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What song was it do you know?

The worst offender of all is Eminem. His Ken Kaniff skit on the MMLP is awful. Same goes for "Fack" on Curtain Call when he sticks the gerbil up his arse. Thank god they never made a video for that song.

I think it's just called 'interlude'. It's basically the whole dirty talking setup and he tells the female to take out his member, then there is a comedy cartoonish light sabre noise.....cracks me up every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

No that biggie skit where he's fúckin kim is the worst, was listening to that album before and that came on as my sister walked by the door, some awkward questions followed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think it's just called 'interlude'. It's basically the whole dirty talking setup and he tells the female to take out his member, then there is a comedy cartoonish light sabre noise.....cracks me up every time.

Had a look around as well and I couldn't find it. Had a listen to a song or two from the album though. So sad to hear DOC like that. Such a change from his first album. One of the most unfortunate accidents of all time. He had the potential to be one of the greatest imo.

http://www.nme.com/photos/50-atrocious-hip-hop-album-sleeves/262078/1/1

50 worst hip-hop album covers. Some of them are completely atrocious. How any sane person let them go to print is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

http://www.nme.com/photos/50-atrocious-hip-hop-album-sleeves/262078/1/1

50 worst hip-hop album covers. Some of them are completely atrocious. How any sane person let them go to print is beyond me.

lol some cringe worthy ones alright.

this has to be the worst for me, cam is on some gay sh*t here in fairness.

CamRonConfessionsOfFire050312_0.jpg

• Advertisement

Slaughterhouse, Big K.R.I.T., ScHoolboy Q and Action Bronson live from SXSW.

Some guys FoodChain are on stage at the moment. They're pretty good. From Denver.

If anyone is able to find a stream for the Fuse cable channel then 50 is performing GRODT in it's entirety at 4 am our time.

Another guy STS is on. Good as well. Only one tune in. Think I'll be watching this for the night.

Action Bronson is on in a few minutes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They dont have this?

344th8j.jpg&sa=X&ei=d2xkT8OHKo26hAfu0omLCA&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEGNv5hYF8id6dgPgSqM7Q40CCj7Q

http://www.mrworldpremiere.net/2012/03/50-cent-shady-20-sxsw-2012-showcase.html

Stream of 50's performance of "Get Rich or Die" for anyone who wants to see it. Eminem makes an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Some of them album covers are atrocious, but just like a book you shouldn't judge a cd by its cover. I scoffed at that Big Bear one for years

BigBearDoinThangs050312_0.jpg

But its actually a nice album :eek:

• Advertisement

Ghost is a genius.

This one is for people who have two girlfriends. Ghost tells you how to deal with the situation if the two of them bump into each other, nahmean B.

I think he's one of the coolest people out there. The only person that is cooler than him is Dimitar Berbatov.

Not many people can get away with wearing only a bathrobe in a music video while threatening to smoke people an average of once every four lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Eminem's appearance at the SXSW was incredible, and slaughterhouse's performance was great too. I would've loved to be there but obviously it's not very possible..
    Oh and, Odd Future Tape Vol 2. Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

WTC would be the best people to meet, any of them or all of them.

I'd love to meet raekwon, he's one of my all time favourites and of course ice cube who in my eyes is the greatest rapper alive. Also love to meet phife dawg, he just seems cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

ASAP Rocky and his entourage literally jump into the crowd and start fighting members of the audience during his performance

ASAP Rocky Deep Purple was very disappointing, I nearly did not get through listening to it.

posted the making of this a while ago by a very good up and coming producer ryan leslie, not the best rapper you will ever hear by any means but makes great beats and good music.

5 minute freshen up

finished cdq version.

Dr. Dre will serve as producer for the upcoming horror-thriller "Thaw."

I guess we can assume that Detox ain't coming out any time soon....again.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19102/title.dr-dre-to-produce-horror-movie-thaw

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19104/title.dmx-sued-for-750000-following-botched-comeback-tour

X just can't help but get himself in shít non stop.

That reminds me actually, i think his new album is meant to be coming out in a few days.

Dr. Dre will serve as producer for the upcoming horror-thriller "Thaw."

I guess we can assume that Detox ain't coming out any time soon....again.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19102/title.dr-dre-to-produce-horror-movie-thaw

Thought he was taking a break from music?

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the article, I thought he was going to be producing the soundtrack, not the movie itself :P

• Advertisement

Michael K. Williams is set to play ODB in an upcoming film.

This would be beyond amazing if it's true. For anyone who has seen The Wire and Boardwalk Empire you'll know how good an actor he is. This would be as good as a new Wu album for me anyway. Really hope that it's true.

Here's MKW doing what he does best. Superb scene. Omar is in the top 10 characters of all time imo.

This would be beyond amazing if it's true. For anyone who has seen The Wire and Boardwalk Empire you'll know how good an actor he is. This would be as good as a new Wu album for me anyway. Really hope that it's true.

Here's MKW doing what he does best. Superb scene. Omar is in the top 10 characters of all time imo.

Brilliant actor, would be great for the role, looking forward to seeing it now :)

Perfect casting. Omar coming.......

full videos of nas performing illmatic at SXSW in texas. The full concert is now on nas's vevo channel on youtube.

have to say though this concert has the worst atmosphere iv ever witnessed in just about any big event, its the same for all the acts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q81lInyFZfE#!

liking this one from swiss beats ft ASAP Rocky, pretty much confirms a Ruff ryders comeback this year too.

Tony yayo on the turntables? wtf

full videos of nas performing illmatic at SXSW in texas. The full concert is now on nas's vevo channel on youtube.

have to say though this concert has the worst atmosphere iv ever witnessed in just about any big event, its the same for all the acts.

I dunno what it is but every performance I saw at SWSX the crowd was rubbish. Big K.R.I.T. had to work his socks off to get anything from the crowd.

I had to laugh when one guy came out called STS, I think. He didn't give a ****. No one there knew him. I'd say his DJ didn't know him. He still rocked the house and walked off after. He was very good though.

The worst crowd I've seen was at the WTC in Glastonbury. Meth nearly broke down in tears because they were getting no love from them. It took about 40 minutes to get the crowd going.

If I was at them or at the Nas concert I'd be on such a high I'd probably fail a drugs test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

New Obie Trice and Eminem track from Obies upcoming album:

http://www.xclusiveszone.net/2012/03/obie-trice-ft-eminem-richard-prod-by-statik-selektah/

And another track form the album, produced by eminem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1m1sLkZumo&feature=player_embedded

Tony yayo on the turntables? wtf

Lol what? That's premo !

@jimmy : on the phone can't qoute , but Ye the crowd were terrible a lot of non hip hop heads tbh by the looks of it.

Actually made it harder to watch the artists perform, obviously if the crowd were buzzing it would rub of on the rappers.

2 classic albums in illmatic and get rich were performed from start ro finish to a crowd who barely looked to appeiciate it.

Had a listen of both of those obie tracks earlier mate and tbh they are both cat IMO, Richard ft eminem is horrible.

I'm joking, he just really sounds like Yayo with the back up rapping.

• Advertisement

I'm joking, he just really sounds like Yayo with the back up rapping.

Ah right lol , hard to spot if sarcasim on the net sometimes !

Advertisement