Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCR from commandline or VB

• 08-01-2003 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

I'm writing a program to extract text from jpeg images using optical character recognition, is there an active x plugin or command line program I can shell to accomplish this?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Ah write it yourself.
    Go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

lol Typedef.

If your looking for an active X plugin what part of the program are you actually writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I'm wirting a complete imaging archive system for use in small offices, for the most part it is database driven, with cdr and tape drive backup. just having trouble with finding OCR sortware I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for. Why write myself if someone else has spent the time doing it better than I can?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

why not store the jpegs in binary format in the database ?
    after all its an imaging system I'd want the original image and note some ocr'd version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I'm going to have both, the images are to be backed up as they are bearly ever used, the OCR string would be sufficient for 99% of the time. (plus I'd like to mess about with the technology) :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement