Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy gear from sportdirect.com

• 16-04-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has bought any gear off or bait and what do you think on the prices? I feel alot of it is of similar price to my local shop

http://www.sportsdirect.com/fishing

cause there currently doing 1pound is = to 1 euro and only 1 euro delivery charge to Ireland. I bought other stuff off them there a few weeks ago and it was fine and when I was getting it I threw in this as it was only 12euro.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-10ft-feeder-fishing-rod-768210

Very happy with it as for a spare rod :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Didn't even know they stocked gear will have a look... Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Let us know what you think. Some things seem to be cheaper. I threw hooks in last time i was ordering aswell as that rod i said but fishing line seems to be expensive.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/maxima-chameleon-fishing-line-768148

I not sure but I think its cheaper in my local shop just cant remember the price.

The bait section doesn't look to bad

Well let us know what you think?? :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Tenley Cuddly Heap

Much cheaper than anything available to me locally and postage is great value. I order several items today. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Wow...Fantastic offers...

Are the rods any good? Feeder rods and Carp rods for €10.00-€12.00 .:eek:

@Stenan ... I see you say the delivery is €1.00 .. But as I check the site it says €5.00 to Ireland. http://www.sportsdirect.com/CustomerServices/EtailFAQs/WorldwideDeliveryCosts

Either way it's good value...Can anyone confirm if the quality of the gear/rods is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭.red.

MrFrisp wrote: »

i cant imagine any fishing rod that costs €10 is going to be any good. after profit from the manufacturer, dealer and then the shop its gonna have to be made for about €2-€4.
    i had a look thru the site a few weeks ago and a some bits and pieces looked cheap but i decided against buying anything. cheapest isnt always best.

• Advertisement

I agree cheapest is not always best but I went for branded items available locally, so I'd know what I'm buying.
    The only thing that concerns me is that they use a courier call etail who I have never heard of and the confirmation email says they act on my behalf not that of the seller. Living in a very rural area, I suspect I could be waiting a long time for delivery. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

I agree cheapest is not always best but I went for branded items available locally, so I'd know what I'm buying.
    The only thing that concerns me is that they use a courier call etail who I have never heard of and the confirmation email says they act on my behalf not that of the seller. Living in a very rural area, I suspect I could be waiting a long time for delivery. We'll see.

i bought a big bag of stuff off them recently and had it delivered no bother and id be very rural as well. your man found the house no bother too, pulled into drive one morning while i was having the breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Surely the make would be the sensible guide as opposed to price?

If I may be so bold, could anyone recommend me a decent rod and reel selection from Sports Direct if I wanted to start to do some beachcasting?

Thanks

Kettleson wrote: »
    Surely the make would be the sensible guide as opposed to price?

If I may be so bold, could anyone recommend me a decent rod and reel selection from Sports Direct if I wanted to start to do some beachcasting?

Thanks
    Pick your budget and call to your local tackle shop and talk to them. They will offer advise and a proper return policy that you wont get from sports direct. They will also look after you with places to fish and tell you what haits etc to use. Another option is to buy 2nd hand. You will pick up mid lever gear in good nick for the price of budget gear. This will last longer and will hold value if you want to sell it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

@ .red. Thanks for that and taking the time for a full reply. Sound advice. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Bar the dunlop stuff it all looks like great stuff to me. It seems to be all the stock that woody's have and a lot more. Its the new matt hayes range and fladen. All at great prices and postage is very cheap. Il definitely be getting a package.

Order some stuff there again;

1 Dinsmores 10g Gripper Fishing Bomb Green
    1 Taktix Fishing Bait Box Set Black
    1 Band It Hair Rig Method Links Size 10 Silver
    1 Matt H Gbait Fruit 23 Multi -
    1 Band It it Hook To Nylon Hair Rig Silver Size 12
    1 Silstar Fishing Groundbait Strawberry
    1 Maxima Chameleon Fishing Line Brown 12
    1 Silstar Fishing Groundbait Krill
    1 Taktix Fishing Seat Box Green

I'll let you's know what I think about the gear/bait.

Taktix Fishing Seat Box Green for only 20euro looks great to be honest. Read some good reviews around the web on it too

MrFrisp wrote: »

@Stenan ... I see you say the delivery is €1.00 .. But as I check the site it says €5.00 to Ireland. http://www.sportsdirect.com/CustomerServices/EtailFAQs/WorldwideDeliveryCosts

Either way it's good value...Can anyone confirm if the quality of the gear/rods is any good?

Yea its still 1 euro delivery, when you get to check out that's all you get charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

stenan wrote: »
    Order some stuff there again;

1 Dinsmores 10g Gripper Fishing Bomb Green
    1 Taktix Fishing Bait Box Set Black
    1 Band It Hair Rig Method Links Size 10 Silver
    1 Matt H Gbait Fruit 23 Multi -
    1 Band It it Hook To Nylon Hair Rig Silver Size 12
    1 Silstar Fishing Groundbait Strawberry
    1 Maxima Chameleon Fishing Line Brown 12
    1 Silstar Fishing Groundbait Krill
    1 Taktix Fishing Seat Box Green

I'll let you's know what I think about the gear/bait.

Taktix Fishing Seat Box Green for only 20euro looks great to be honest. Read some good reviews around the web on it too

got the taktix box and a few more bits today , great value for money and only 1 euro delivery delivered by dhl. will be buying more stuff off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

mossfort wrote: »
    got the taktix box and a few more bits today , great value for money and only 1 euro delivery delivered by dhl. will be buying more stuff off them.

Costs more to get the bus to town, I also got my 2 packages yesterday:D Cant wait to go fishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Im looking for a new rod just mainly for mackerel could anyone recommend me a decent one from here

Im looking for a new rod just mainly for mackerel could anyone recommend me a decent one from here

fishingtackledirect.ie have great value in a mitchell beach rod and reel combo for under €40 incl postage with next day delivery guaranteed
    They are based in Carlow I believe.

For something like that just call to your local tackle shop. You will get info and service from them that a uk company wont be able to provide. My first rod and reel cost me about €45 and i got line and a pack of feathers thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 biko666

i ordered 1 of each sea traces to see what there like €1 each would not make them for that

Advertisement