Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you have any passions?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I am a passionate about getting shat on by my burd.

own a parrot do ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I really love clothes and shopping. I guess you could say, I have a passion, for fashion!! YEEEEOOOOW

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

What have you tried so far?

Well I'm learning a new language at the mo. Been doing it for about 2 months now and only really started to get the hang of it this week so I'm chuffed about that!

And I'm taking up guitar next month so we'll see how that one goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Gaming. Only certain films have gripped me the way most games can. I could easily sit for 12-16 hours and immerse myself in a game. You know something is good when 12 hours felt like 2!

Gaming. Only certain films have gripped me the way most games can. I could easily sit for 12-16 hours and immerse myself in a game. You know something is good when 12 hours felt like 2!

This is when passion and addiction start to blur... still, whatever makes you happy!

• Advertisement

Elba101 wrote: »
    This is when passion and addiction start to blur... still, whatever makes you happy!

Why? It's perfectly accecptable for someone to sit and watch tv for up to 12 hours a day but not to game? Gaming requires concentration, reactions, it's excellent for hand-eye co-ordination, it stimulates the brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Ive been bedroom djing for years and years. Ive spent thousands on 1210s, massive amp and speakers, club quality mixer and earphones, more records than i could count.

People dont understand why i dont gig, ive no interest other than mixing purely for my own pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

Why? It's perfectly accecptable for someone to sit and watch tv for up to 12 hours a day but not to game? Gaming requires concentration, reactions, it's excellent for hand-eye co-ordination, it stimulates the brain.

Would ya not rather spend 12 hours in bed having sex? Or 12 hours hanging out with friends? 12 hours spent playing a game is such a waste. And I like gaming.

Yeah, that's true. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MaureenMac

Coffee!!!! Roasting, blending, cupping, brewing........anything to do with coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Drugs & Knowledge about everything.

Would ya not rather spend 12 hours in bed having sex? Or 12 hours hanging out with friends? 12 hours spent playing a game is such a waste. And I like gaming.

No.
    I do hang out with friends but does it have to be in person?
    It's as much a waste as 12 hours watching tv, being stoned, working out, playing sports, working, reading a book, doing puzzles, or anything else that other people enjoy.

You may like gaming, but it's not your passion. It is mine. And people who look down on gaming haven't a clue. It's bigger than the music and film industry combined. We're not all prepubescent tw@s playing COD and cursing at each other. We play thought provoking games, games built on fact and explore the human psyche.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Fiona

Squ wrote: »
    Ive been bedroom djing for years and years. Ive spent thousands on 1210s, massive amp and speakers, club quality mixer and earphones, more records than i could count.

People dont understand why i dont gig, ive no interest other than mixing purely for my own pleasure.

House? Tech? Trance? Old school? Any mixes ya care to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Football and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Books, and collecting.

I am constantly buying books online (a lot of bargains on Amazon for new/like new/very good condition books for 0.01c, just pay postage).

Today I trawled furniture shops and bought a new bookcase and am thrilled with it - however sad that makes me look, I don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Cars & motorbikes, music - predominantly rock, tattos and proper beer.

Like my food too but wouldn't say I'm passionate about it, although maybe I am because I never seem to have enough of it! :pac:

Advertisement