Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People having a slash in the street

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

LordSmeg wrote: »
    People dont piss in the streets when they drink water, they only do it when drunk.
    Glaringly false. You could definitely argue that more often than not it is people who have been drinking alcohol. Not that all are drunk, or indeed all have consumed alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

The worst I ever saw was a photo of a former boyband member peeing up against the wall under an ATM, WHILE USING THE ATM! :eek: And believe me, this wasn't photoshopped. Puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Not 1 but 2 separate drunk idiots last night decided my garden wall looked like a decent place for a slash.

Fu**wits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Glaringly false. You could definitely argue that more often than not it is people who have been drinking alcohol. Not that all are drunk, or indeed all have consumed alcohol.

Stand on the main street of any town at 2 am sunday morning and tell me its people who drink too much coffee that are pissing in the streets. :rolleyes:

Stand on the main street of any town at 2 am sunday morning and tell me its people who drink too much coffee that are pissing in the streets. :rolleyes:
    Your previous suggested it is a phenomenon solely attributable to people who are drunk. You make some brief mentions of alcohol consumption, but you return to one must be very drunk.

How many people do you suppose leaves pubs on nights out without drinking? Do you really suppose they don't urinate outside of the pub? You might say that is a minority. But, then, so too would be those on a night out who aren't drunk. There would be many who are not drunk off their face, lucid, just had a few, say. Suppose they go to the toilet, and have to go on their return home?

I'd rather people be discrete, and I'd leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Why can't they add more public toilets like Amsterdam, they've even got ones that appear at night coming up from the floor over there!!!! :eek:

Your previous suggested it is a phenomenon solely attributable to people who are drunk. You make some brief mentions of alcohol consumption, but you return to one must be very drunk.

Its a probelm arising from alcohol consumption. These people are usually drunk. Its pretty simple.
    How many people do you suppose leaves pubs on nights out without drinking? Do you really suppose they don't urinate outside of the pub? You might say that is a minority. But, then, so too would be those on a night out who aren't drunk. There would be many who are not drunk off their face, lucid, just had a few, say. Suppose they go to the toilet, and have to go on their return home?

A minority ??? Thats the understatement of the century. I'd say those who leave pubs sober and piss in the street would be outnumbered by drunks by about 10,000 to 1. If they go to the toilet before they leave then they should be fine until they get home. If not dont drink so much. Whats hard to understand about that ? If you have to drive you stay sober. If you have to hit the gym you stay off the burgers. If you have to walk for an hour with no sign of a toilet dont drink a gallon of liquid.
    I'd rather people be discrete, and I'd leave it at that.

I'd rather people didnt behave like animals, break the law, and bend over backwards to try and justify and defend self indulgence and ignorant behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Its a probelm arising from alcohol consumption. These people are usually drunk. Its pretty simple.

A minority ??? Thats the understatement of the century. I'd say those who leave pubs sober and piss in the street would be outnumbered by drunks by about 10,000 to 1. If they go to the toilet before they leave then they should be fine until they get home. If not dont drink so much. Whats hard to understand about that ? If you have to drive you stay sober. If you have to hit the gym you stay off the burgers. If you have to walk for an hour with no sign of a toilet dont drink a gallon of liquid.

I'd rather people didnt behave like animals, break the law, and bend over backwards to try and justify and defend self indulgence and ignorant behaviour.

Is it not a fact though that some can hold it in for longer than others? I'd rather they found a discrete place to do it if they must than risk doing themselves an injury just so I can shake my head disapprovingly and say "I told you not to drink so much..."

My point being that the pissing occurs after the fact...

You intermittently go from talking about people who have had any alcohol to drink to those who are fecked drunk. It seems like you are phrasing it in a way to try to strengthen your argument.
    Thats the understatement of the century. I'd say those who leave pubs sober and piss in the street would be outnumbered by drunks by about 10,000 to 1.
    So, do you see the problem with your question relating to 2 am and how many people who have drink in them? Or was it off their head drunk? Or does it matter?

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Is it not a fact though that some can hold it in for longer than others? I'd rather they found a discrete place to do it if they must than risk doing themselves an injury just so I can shake my head disapprovingly and say "I told you not to drink so much..."

My point being that the pissing occurs after the fact...

I've never lived anywhere, country or town where I had no other option but to piss on the street. Its a 35 minutes bus trip home, often bursting for a piss but I got through it. People know where they are, how long it takes to get home, how likely it will be the need a piss and they carry on regardless because they dont care. They dont give two shíts who's door they piss in as long as they have their fun for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Here's a great idea ... get a bucket or small basin of water, add some disinfectant, toilet duck, whatever ... spend a measly 5 mins scrubbing with a mop and VOILA ... no more barely visible/odourless or near evaporated piss !!

Then maybe after all that back breaking labour and smug patronising, you could find something more constructive to whinge about. Instead of having meaningless, petty arguments over a few foul smelling walls and alleys in a nightlife district.

You intermittently go from talking about people who have had any alcohol to drink to those who are fecked drunk. It seems like you are phrasing it in a way to try to strengthen your argument.

No, if you read my posts I'm centring it on the fact it arises from alcohol consumption. It manifests itself in drunken people pissing in the streets. I havent mentioned anyone being fecked drunk, or drunk of their faces as you put it too. Your using those terms not me.

I dont even know what your on about now, you have moved on to arguing level of drunkess which isnt relevant.
    So, do you see the problem with your question relating to 2 am and how many people who have drink in them? Or was it off their head drunk? Or does it matter?

Off their heads drunk is another one of your terms not mine. I dont see the problem at all, its a discussion about people pissing in the streets. Your argument is that its not all drunk people. My argument is that the overwhelming majority of people who piss in the streets are drunk.

Stop arsing about, either address the topic at hand or go away. I'm tired and in no mood to listen to whatever it is your on about.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Here's a great idea ... get a bucket or small basin of water, add some disinfectant, toilet duck, whatever ... spend a measly 5 mins scrubbing with a mop and VOILA ... no more barely visible/odourless or near evaporated piss !!

Then maybe after all that back breaking labour and smug patronising, you could find something more constructive to whinge about. Instead of having meaningless, petty arguments over a few foul smelling walls and alleys in a nightlife district.

I'm off to bed. Seems street urchins are returning home angry that someone had the cheek to question why they are so pig ignorant that they feel they can piss wherever they want like fcukin animals. But hey its ok its the drinks fault, drink made them do it. Its all ok if your drunk and lazy and ignorant and stupid it seems.

Grow up man, start acting like a civilised human being. You might be happy wallowing in piss and shít and filth but some of aint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Only chiming in because I myself had to piss in the street last night. I was out on Camden street and having left the club for a good 20 mins I realised I needed to piss, I was drunk but not smashed, I could communicate perfectly fine, I asked the bouncer if I could go in and use the jacks and was told to "**** off." I went across to the Chinese and tried to walk in and use the toilet but was not allowed as I was not a customer, this was the same case for a chipper and 2 kebab shops, by this time my mates were leaving in a taxi, so I thought feck it i'll try and hold it... To Bray? About 5 mins in and I had to force the taxi driver to pull over, or have me piss myself in the back of his cab. He pulled over and I took a 'Homer Simpson after too much Crab Juice' style piss around the side of an office building.

Some people in here have clearly never needed a drunken slash in their life. You can't just wander in to an establishment and announce "Good morrow, I'm here to use your toilets and then piss off." They automatically think you want to puke there.

The "just go before you leave the club" argument is a bit unrealistic. Drinking impairs your judgement, show me a drunk who says "Hang on lads, wait here, I reckon I will need to piss in 15mins!" and I will show you a liar, the reality is you go from "Nah I don't need to go" to "Oh my dear lord I am seconds away from pissing myself" in a flash. I personally try and find the most discreet place to go about it if I can't hold it, and I do think that a row of lads falling over pissing everywhere is disgusting, but really, needs must.

I'm off to bed. Seems street urchins are returning home angry that someone had the cheek to question why they are so pig ignorant that they feel they can piss wherever they want like fcukin animals. But hey its ok its the drinks fault, drink made them do it. Its all ok if your drunk and lazy and ignorant and stupid it seems.

Grow up man, start acting like a civilised human being. You might be happy wallowing in piss and shít and filth but some of aint.

This... appears to be a very sensitive topic for you... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

I'd draw the line at sh!t and filth meself......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

The funniest one I ever saw was about 10pm in the summer, so still bright, a few years back.

Was coming up O'Connell street in Dublin heading northbound. There is a Garda station on the left hand side(its beside some sort of arcade place).

Anyway, the station is right beside the lights.

Stopped at traffic lights with the station on my left and right outside it are two english women(late 20's and I knew they were English before anyone asks as I had the windows down and could hear the accent:D)

TAKING A LEAK IN FRONT OF THE COP SHOP

Full on, facing the street, skirt up, knickers down.

No bother to them :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I live in a nice, clean and comfortable 3 bedroom house FYI. Thanks for assuming I was a homeless neanderthal though ;)

If you must know, I usually piss on an already stinking collection of bins in a discreet, quiet alleyway in Temple bar and behind the central bank when in desperation. But of course, we should all abstain from enjoying a few drinks in fear of emergency excretion. Sorry that myself and many other thousands are a scourge on the "I'm offended" brigade at 3 AM on the weekends.

It's laughable that people still complain about this sort of tripe.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

deisedave wrote: »
    I will go somewhere quite and out of the way.

This annoys me more than the thread subject matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Had one on the way home about 30 mins ago.......and the warm air was nice ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

for a capital city there is a terrible lack of public toilets. i dont mind paying a few cent for somewhere to have a gypseys at 4 am if they are kept well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭JustAThought

There's a scene in the Sopranos where the lads are giving a slagging for washing his hands every time he ties his laces. His reply; you know when ya walk down the street at night ... That's not water you re walking through.

Made me think about how many times in the course if a year I've tied my laces walking through town & maybe an hour later had a bag of chrisps...

And as Joe Duffy would say; " what about de childurun "

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    This... appears to be a very sensitive topic for you... :confused:

Its not sensitive it just bugs the shít out of me to see people defending ignorant criminal behaviour because they feel over indulging is the thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭pcardin

ah, pissing on the streets. yet another "borrowed" tradition from good old England. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,876 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's a scene in the Sopranos where the lads are giving a slagging for washing his hands every time he ties his laces. His reply; you know when ya walk down the street at night ... That's not water you re walking through.

Made me think about how many times in the course if a year I've tied my laces walking through town & maybe an hour later had a bag of chrisps...

And as Joe Duffy would say; " what about de childurun "

Joe Duffy can go and **** himself through the ass, the self-rigteous ponficicating holier-than-thau prick that he is.

And kdis are probably the ones who pee in public the most, anyway!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Joe Duffy can go and **** himself through the ass, the self-rigteous ponficicating holier-than-thau prick that he is.

And kdis are probably the ones who pee in public the most, anyway!

I think it's disgraceful Joe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

charlemont wrote: »
    Twenty kilometres to the west lies Clonmel... Take a look at this if ye haven't already seen it..Its on Parnell Street..https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/320301/161616.jpg

What is it about South Tipp lads that they love scutterin in the street so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 corkmanleeks

I used to love the Bodega but now its gone to ****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

its either you piss your jocks or against a wall. would want to be stupid to pick the first one..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

It is disgusting and there are laws against it. They just need to be enforced. A few good, embarrassing convictions are all that is needed.

i agree but in order to be fair i think they need to install urinals outside or have temporary ones for the weekend because at the moment i think its completely unfair for doing someone for pissing on a street with nowhere to go after the pubs close. if they were installed then throw the book at them.

Advertisement