Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

@TT , how often do you put down the roof on your car? have you had it down yet this year?

I took the hardtop off there about a month ago and is now sitting in its stand in the sittingroom. I take it down a fair bit, really wakes ya up at 5am and the exhaust sounds delicious aswell. :D

Ya do get a bit of attention though (some of it can be unwanted)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

do you feel like a plonker with it down sometimes or is it alright?

do you feel like a plonker with it down sometimes or is it alright?

I feel awesome (always) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

mrs crilly wrote: »
    People watching!

How far away from Albi are you? My niece works on O Sullivans Irish Bar there :)

You snooze you lose!

Im a long way (mennecy) but if i go into town i might drop in. If i have it right thats just up the road from chatelet les halles. Ill freak her out... "oi, your anty is wondering where you are" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Fiona

pred racer wrote: »
    Im a long way (mennecy) but if i go into town i might drop in. If i have it right thats just up the road from chatelet les halles. Ill freak her out... "oi, your anty is wondering where you are" :D

Hahahah her name is Ashleigh if you ever do, make sure you take a picture of her face for me if you do say that :p

(and cos I miss her :()

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Seeing as a bunch of you a musicians, anybody know somewhere decent to repair a Fender Princeton amp? Can hardly hear it when plugged in and the reverb is also knackered but I'm not worried about that, it's the volume thing thats bothering me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Seeing as a bunch of you a musicians, anybody know somewhere decent to repair a Fender Princeton amp? Can hardly hear it when plugged in and the reverb is also knackered but I'm not worried about that, it's the volume thing thats bothering me

I just looked up a schematic for your amp, is it an old valve/tube amp:eek:
    If so one of your valves is probably knackered. Maybe 65L7. Or if your really lucky its just the volume pot. Btw im just an electronics Geek i know nothing specifically about gituar amps.

In answer to your original question.....no i dont know who would repair this:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Just saw this on DoneDeal,

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2729535

Who the hell learns to drive in one of these?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Have you checked the tubes? That's where i'd be putting my money, specifically the output tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Who is learning to drive in that?

• Advertisement

Rolli wrote: »
    Just saw this on DoneDeal,

Who the hell learns to drive in one of these?

:confused:
    cadaliac wrote: »
    Who is learning to drive in that?

No idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

:confused:

No idea.

Someone that has a daddy with more money then sense :D

In fairness the first car I learnt to drive in (albeit round a field and on the curragh) was an old Saab 9000 2.3Turbo petrol :D

BX 19 wrote: »

(albeit round a field and on the curragh)

I think all us country folk share this.

Mine was in a 98 Primera, new at the time aswell. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Dartz

It's an automatic too....

Learned to drive in a Fiesta 1.2. With the seat so far back I might as well have been in the back.

BX 19 wrote: »
    Someone that has a daddy with more money then sense :D............

Was just coming back from the gym and a young lady who looked about 20 at most was trying to negotiate a 12 c 3 series coupe out of a parking space on college road, car had 3 or 4 passengers of similar age. I can't see the corners of that car staying in good condition for much longer.

Mine was in a 98 Primera, new at the time aswell. :pac:
    Dartz wrote: »
    Learned to drive in a Fiesta 1.2. With the seat so far back I might as well have been in the back.

The first car I ever drove was my Mams Opel Kadett in the Tesco car park. She was like don't tell your father :D
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Was just coming back from the gym and a young lady who looked about 20 at most was trying to negotiate a 12 c 3 series coupe out of a parking space on college road, car had 3 or 4 passengers of similar age. I can't see the corners of that car staying in good condition for much longer.

What a waste of a car give it to me instead :rolleyes:

Ah I am home now, tea & sky planner, heaven :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Just put a spicey beef casserole in the oven which I'm gonna slow cook for three hours while I drink some cold beers! :)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Just put a spicey beef casserole in the oven which I'm gonna slow cook for three hours while I drink some cold beers! :)

And your address is?

I'm trying to decide if I want steak and chips or steak with mash, veg and pepper cream sauce...

I'm trying to decide if I want steak and chips or steak with mash, veg and pepper cream sauce...

Veg pepper and cream sauce. ( I used all my weight watchers points at the weekend so if I can't have chips I don't want anybody else to have them either!!)

• Advertisement

And your address is?

110 Awesome Avenue! :)

Mash & Veg unless you've got a chipper real close then bang on the steak and leggit to get chips and onion rings. ;)

Mash & Veg unless you've got a chipper real close then bang on the steak and leggit to get chips and onion rings. ;)

If i go to the chipper I'll end up not bothering with the steak lol

I need to go get spuds actually, ah I'm all over the place now, I might do a lasagne, I'm looking at the pesto and mozzarella in the kitchen hmmmmmmmm

I need to go get spuds actually, ah I'm all over the place now, I might do a lasagne, I'm looking at the pesto and mozzarella in the kitchen hmmmmmmmm

Well check you out Jamie Oliver!!!!!

Well check you out Jamie Oliver!!!!!

What can I say? I like food!

What can I say? I like food!

I am only jealous cos I can't cook :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I like cooking, I find it very theraputic :D Dunno if I'm any good at it or not, but I haven't killed anyone yet.

At all?

How are you at making a sammich?

At all?
    How are you at making a sammich?

Ah I can do the basics like lasagne / sheppards pie / spag boll but nothing fancy ya know, just Mammy Food!!

I look at receipes and go oh yeah that looks nice but then when I try to follow one I just get bored or if there is one ingredient I don't have I just give up :o

I am good at sandwiches! And jenizzle if you have not killed anybody your doing it right ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I love cooking, I would try my hand to anything..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement