Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands Eurovision Presenters

• 18-06-2005 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Well guys,
    If Ireland ever win thw Eurovision again, who do you all think shpuld present it? I cantr see Mary Kennedy or Carrie Crowley doing it so i'd like to see Sharon Ni Bheolain and Ryan Tubridy doing it. She could bring her intellegence and good looks and him his wit and humour. AS perfect match? What do you all think? Who do u think should present if Ireland ever wins again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Kinda has to be Tubridy doesn't it? Maybe that one who won Miss World or Universe too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

I'd like Ireland to make a statement and use only a single presenter again - though Tubridy & Ní Bheoláin would make a good combination alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Robot leprechauns!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TERRY WOGAN! Irish and English.... he's the king of Eurovision!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Please not Pat the plank Kenny again. If anyone remembers Eurovision 1988. :eek:

And Marty could possibly be a host... although he doesn't seem that bad compared to the Ukrainian presenters this year.

• Advertisement

Pat was excellent on commentary, until he started doing the Late Late and so Marty had to take over.

Marty pales into gibbering insignificance compared to Pat - and he knows it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Actually, I thought Pat Kenny's commentary was wooden and dull, much like the man himself. I normally watch the BBC version, but this year I often flicked over to RTE to listen to Marty Whelan

All Marty does is snigger and titter and clumsily talk over the presenters at times.
    (though all in all he's all right and I like him on other programmes)

Pat had a more observational style, and had the political background to boot for the voting, where he really shone I think. He was also overall very professional - links timed to a tee, nice even tone, decent vocabulary etc - always delivered a polished performance.

I suppose it's unfair to compare then and now; up to about 98/99 Eurovision was treated very seriously - even Wogan wasn't as cynical/sardonic as he is now.
    Pat was perfect in that context.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

bring back zig and zag!!!!

Heck... give it to Dustin even!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, Tuburty, (not Wogan... he would still have to be there to take the piss out of Tuburty)!

It would b great if U2, represented Ireland!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

D'arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Brian017

You needn't worry. We'll never win it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It would b great if U2, represented Ireland!!!!
    I couldn't see U2, or any band/singer worth a damn, lowering themselves to eurovision standard.

On the off chance that Ireland does ever win this again RTE need to find someone new to present because the current batch of presenters really aren't worth watching/listening too.

Except Sharon ;)

Watching Sharon yes, but listening - ugggh, shudder...

She has a voice of a violin being played with a cheese grater.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Elmo wrote:
    D'arcy
    Good god no, he was awful on You're A Star. Keep him away.

He'd start blaming the autocue, and highlight the production staff clearing the stage, and the 'earpiece in my ear', and how many audio packs he has on his belt, and how crap his script is and and and...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Good god no, he was awful on You're A Star. Keep him away.

Yes but he would be as Waky as the "European" presenters.

Maybe the Germany Comic that Barry Murphy does. :D

Advertisement