Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel astra key fob?

• 18-09-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi.I have an 01 Opel Astra.i have looked all around the internet on how to resync the key after changing the battery and have had no joy,ive recently put in a new drivers seat and never connected back up the cables for i am hopeless at that kinda stuff.just wondering would that have anything to do with it?cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I cannot see how a driver's seat would have anything to do with the key fob. The only thing I can think of is that the fob's battery was replaced and the immobilser no longer recognise it.

Your best bet is to have either an Opel dealer look at it or an autoelectrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Turn the ignition to "On" (eg engine not running) and open the drivers door.
    Now, press the button to open the doors on the fob and you'll hear the locks close and then open.

All synced up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sineadk

Turn the ignition to "On" (eg engine not running) and open the drivers door.
    Now, press the button to open the doors on the fob and you'll hear the locks close and then open.

All synced up. ;)

i done this and my key worked for a couple of hours and went again... brand new battery so i done the sync again and nothing happened???? any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The key fob in the astra g is very feeble and i had the same problem. Its impossible as far as i can see to change the battery without breaking the plastic holders.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repair-Service-Faulty-2-Button-Remote-Key-Fob-Vauxhall-Astra-Vectra-B-Zafira-/180722924201?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item2a13ecfaa9#ht_3899wt_762

I used guys very similar to these on ebay and it fixed the key permanently. I got it back 4days after sending it away and only had to send away the inner chip, not the key itself so you wouldnt be without.

In the meantime you can place a small bit of folded up paper over the battery to keep it pressed down and resync it again, this works in the majority of cases but it isnt permanent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

The battery holder is actually broken off the chip on my one. I'll get around to re-soldering it some day and see if its works.

• Advertisement

Its a stupid design anyway, any ideas as to the cause of my own problem ND?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056527644

i hav tried the cardboard be4 i even changed battery and it worked for a while den battery went all together so i got a new 1 den synced it up and it went again.. i dislike my car now because of it!!!

i dont kno if anything is broken off it i will hav to hav it looked at i suppose...

Send it away to one of the repair guys on ebay, its very cheap and going to a dealers etc could cost a fortune

i see them repair people are in uk? i am in ireland and i dont trust the post man ha anything i send to uk never gets there.. cant be sending the car key too... i think i will try put more cardboard in the key and sync it up again in the morning and see what happens..?? hopefully it works

Advertisement