Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Refill Ink in Athlone

• 09-12-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get Refill ink for my printer cartridges in Athlone (or close by)

I used to get them in tesco, Golden Island, but they dont sell them anymore.

Does the office supplies shop do it?

cheeres.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

there's a Recharge, about 3 doors up from four star pizza in the golden island area. Do all types of cartridges, new and refills.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Yeah we used to go to that place, it's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 c123

Hi,
    Does anybody have any good recommendations of a printer-max spend €120 colour printing that would take tesco or another cheap type of ink?Just for regular printing A4

the best thing to do is actually head down to Recharge, ask the lads there what model they would recommend for cheap refills. What you want really is a printer that can handle re manufactured or unbranded cartridges and the cartridges have a good fill amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

c123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anybody have any good recommendations of a printer-max spend €120 colour printing that would take tesco or another cheap type of ink?Just for regular printing A4

Buy a Brother multi-function printer (Printer/Scanner/Copier). Should get one for around €89. Brother are more or less the only manufacturer that don't use chip technology on their inkjet cartridges so 3rd party carts are very cheap. Recharge/Cartridge Green etc. are overpriced - good for advice but they can't compete with online prices. Brother LC1100 Cartridges shouldn't cost any more than €2-3 each from Ebay. Make sure you always have spare carts as one drawback with Brother printers is that you cannot print if one cartridge is empty - there are 4 cartridges Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow.

€10-12 for 100m + of ink is as good as it gets. Two HP refills from Recharge/Cartridge Green with about a quarter of that will cost you €20-25. OEM will be €45 or so.

Quality wise, Brother are fine for home/office printing, but they're not good enough for high quality Photo Prints. Pay somebody to print those for you..

Printers to avoid at all costs!

Epson < almost impossible to use aftermarket/3rd party supplies in their latest printers. Original carts are a robbery!

Lexmark < Rubbish quality, noisy, ship with Return Program Cartridges < cannot by reused. Replacement carts will cost more than the printer and contain a tea spoon of ink.

Most Canon < Avoid Canon printers that use one black/single colour cartridges. Difficult to use aftermarket cartridges. No compatibles available.

Their latest single ink tank (BK/C/M/Y) carts with built in printhead are good, but not as widely available yet. Compatibles have been released with funtioning chip. Quality is better than Brother, but carts will be more expensive.

Printers are sold at cost or less for a reason. The cartridges cost a fortune!

Give us a shout if you need any more advice. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 c123

Thanks a mil for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Feasach

I hope someone can give some advice on how I might remove the annoying reminder that I should replace the Lexmark cartridge as it's close to empty. I use the Printer remotely and I find you have to go to the PC associated with the printer to "click" CONTINUE so that it prints.

Is there some way of "over-riding" this annoying disruption to the print cycle.

Any advice ?

Feasach

yes.... yes it is... especially when you want to print...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 uSmellLikeSoup

You should also check eBay, but recharge is the best place around. I get a HP OfficeJet printer refilled for €50. They also sell new cartridges. Go and talk to the lads for a price.

easons used to have a small selection of cartridges too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Dunnes also sell ink cartridges. Not sure what brands though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

"Printers to avoid at all costs!

Epson < almost impossible to use aftermarket/3rd party supplies in their latest printers. Original carts are a robbery!

Lexmark < Rubbish quality, noisy, ship with Return Program Cartridges < cannot by reused. Replacement carts will cost more than the printer and contain a tea spoon of ink.

Most Canon < Avoid Canon printers that use one black/single colour cartridges. Difficult to use aftermarket cartridges. No compatibles available.

Their latest single ink tank (BK/C/M/Y) carts with built in printhead are good, but not as widely available yet. Compatibles have been released with funtioning chip. Quality is better than Brother, but carts will be more expensive.

Printers are sold at cost or less for a reason. The cartridges cost a fortune!

Give us a shout if you need any more advice."

I would not agree with the above at all. If you buy compatible cartridges from the likes of ink4art.com, amazon.co.uk or 7dayshop.com, you will get them at at extremely competitive prices. If you install the compatible cartridge initially, you will over-ride those nasty little reminders about genuine oem products. I have both Lexmark & Epson All-in-ones and I learned an expensive lesson with the Lexxie. I installed compatible cartridges from Amazon in the Epson and, bingo!!!, they worked. Compatible multipacks are around £12 at Amazon and if you order £25 worth of gear off them, you get free delivery to Ireland.

Advertisement