Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Seriously is this shít really common or are people blowing things out of proportion? e.g. OMG he left another message on my Facebook... STALKER

yeah I know it sounds hilarious but when a person will Not Hear What You Are Saying it is terrifying. I like the OP had only a fling, explained why it wasn't working really really clearly but the man wouldn't hear it. Literally. We'd talk, it would seem to have gone in then the phonecalls & "i miss you baby, call me back. Xxx" would start again.

Everytime my phone beeped I'd a feeling of dread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Katgurl wrote: »
    Seriously is this shít really common or are people blowing things out of proportion? e.g. OMG he left another message on my Facebook... STALKER

yeah I know it sounds hilarious but when a person will Not Hear What You Are Saying it is terrifying. I like the OP had only a fling, explained why it wasn't working really really clearly but the man wouldn't hear it. Literally. We'd talk, it would seem to have gone in then the phonecalls & "i miss you baby, call me back. Xxx" would start again.

The fúck..

What's wrong with these people. I can understand mixed signals and someone coming on strong by mistake but I don't understand why they wouldn't just cut their loses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Eh, Teddy, where are ya??? I think this being the night of LURVE you need to us know you're still alive n kicking!!!!!!

OMG, she went all psycho b1tch on his ass on valentines night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭mackeire

tell her you're gay and not interested in her or any woman.

mackeire wrote: »
    tell her you're gay and not interested in her or any woman.

Then he'll become a challenge. Forbidden fruit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I had a guy stalking me before, talked to him before in a friendly way then I started getting all these messages asking when I was going to be online and why didn't I talk to him like I used to and he thought we had something :S
    I told him I'm very busy and I don't like him in that way but apparently that is not the impression he got and he know how he felt so I would basically be the biggest cnut in the world if I didn't give in..

So the more I ignored him the worse it got, any attempt at straight talking saying I don't want contact didn't work, getting someone else to basically go what do you think you're doing, that helps because the stalker aways feels like they can manipulate your no's but if its someone else they feel a bit exposed.

If its just a number and the harassment continues you can go to the gaurds and then receive permission to have the number blocked, according to Meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Has anyone ever had, well basically it's beginning to seem like stalking.
    I'm getting constant texts every day. They ring my phone time and time again and then text me asking why I never answer. I've explained to them 3 times now in person. I'm receiving very weird messages of poetry. I've been followed to a nightclub. It's getting beyond obsessive. I was woken up in the middle of the night last night at 4am with phone calls.
    I don't want to have to change my number but I might have to. Luckily they don't know my exact address.
    What can you do in these situations? I'm really getting sick of it.

Someone must have heard you **** in bed while they were sitting on the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Get one of your friends to have a chat and explain to them that it is not acceptable behaviour, maybe he doesn't realise it is freaking you out..

I would advise saying don't contact me again and if they do, go to the gardai, I would say that blocking there number would possibly make things worse. There are plenty good apps out there to block numbers

This all has me paranoid I might have come on strong to someone before and they thought I was stalkerish. I don't think I did

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Your inbox was filled daily?
    As i was typing that i wondered how long it would be before a double entendre was implied. Congrats on getting first place, with merits :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

SheFiend wrote: »
    As i was typing that i wondered how long it would be before a double entendre was implied. Congrats on getting first place, with merits :-)

I like the way you think.

A women walked into a bar and asked for a double entendre so the bar man gave her one. :P

stalking must be painful and is probably way more accessible and more common place due to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

It might sound stupid to some, but it really is so frustrating. My sympathy to Teddy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭Paddy Bateman

Has anyone ever had, well basically it's beginning to seem like stalking.
    I'm getting constant texts every day. They ring my phone time and time again and then text me asking why I never answer. I've explained to them 3 times now in person. I'm receiving very weird messages of poetry. I've been followed to a nightclub. It's getting beyond obsessive. I was woken up in the middle of the night last night at 4am with phone calls.
    I don't want to have to change my number but I might have to. Luckily they don't know my exact address.
    What can you do in these situations? I'm really getting sick of it.
    Find out where they live and have your friends and family blast them with pissy piss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭hadepsx

'rustles in the bushes'
    what you on about,there's no such thing as stalking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Ok seriously

where the f*** is teddy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

Text them back saying you welcome their call and that if they send bank account details they could win a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Depending on your phone, you could maybe give them a customized ringtone of a short mp3 of silence.

Ok seriously

where the f*** is teddy?

Probably dead...

... tired. Being stalked ain't easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

SheFiend wrote: »
    It might sound stupid to some, but it really is so frustrating. My sympathy to Teddy.

Teddy is an attention whore, he is probably sitting back lapping this up.

Hey Ted:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I bet she has a little Teddy voodoo doll and is trying to have a romantic night in with it watching you've got mail. I know that's what I would do if I was a creepy committed stalker

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭treborflynn

RIGHT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER, THEY CAN BLOCK THE NUMBER. HAD TO DO IT MYSELF CAUSE IM SUCH A SEXY FOCK.........

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

You can gauge people well by knowing what they find funny .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

If you don't like it at least say it to my face! Yoohoo! I'm at the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Ok seriously

where the f*** is teddy?

See, I'm not the only one, he's been desperately quiet, Teddy did she get to ya on Valentines? Did she skin ya and make herself a bunch of skin roses?

C'mon Tedster, let us all know she didn't got totally mental...

God lads, it's the valentines massacre all over again:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

hondasam wrote: »
    Teddy is an attention whore, he is probably sitting back lapping this up.

Hey Ted:)
    Hey
    RachaelVO wrote: »
    See, I'm not the only one, he's been desperately quiet, Teddy did she get to ya on Valentines? Did she skin ya and make herself a bunch of skin roses?

C'mon Tedster, let us all know she didn't got totally mental...

God lads, it's the valentines massacre all over again:(:(:(
    Fortunately for me there's been no contact since...Unfortunately it makes the story kind of boring. I did nearly have a panic attack though at about 1am when I got a text but fortunately it was just from one of the lads drunk on a rant.

To be honest I wouldn't go to the gardai about much unless I really had to.
    A last resort would be to change my number.
    There seems to be a lot of nut jobs out there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I had a jealous, crazy ex stalk me for about 6 months after a breakup.. I was 17 at the time and he was a complete pr1ck.. had to get a barring order on him after a while..

Luckily enough my next door neighbour was a Garda and he overheard some of the threats I was being subjected to in my garden from him.. So he stood as a witness for me when I went to report it.

He would do some seriously freaky sh1t to scare me.. including pulling up my Mother's flowers and arranging them like a wreath on the roof of our car.. moving our wheely bin around the back garden while we were sleeping at night, just let us know he'd been..

And of course the mandatory hang up phone calls.. We had to get a caller ID installed..

Oh he'd call to my Friends' houses when he couldn't get to me and tell them a load of lies about me bitching about them behind their backs etc.. just to try and turn them against me but thankfully they knew he was a screwball and didn't fall for it..

Also threatened to kill our dog and cat..

In a way I'm thankful that it happened as I am a much stronger person for it and I know the signs of a possessive, obsessive person early on and in relationships now.. it will never happen to me again.

HazDanz wrote: »
    I bet she has a little Teddy voodoo doll and is trying to have a romantic night in with it watching you've got mail. I know that's what I would do if I was a creepy committed stalker
    If I believed in voodoo and all that crap I'd be freaked out now after picking up an injury.

xzanti wrote: »
    I had a jealous, crazy ex stalk me for about 6 months after a breakup.. I was 17 at the time and he was a complete pr1ck.. had to get a barring order on him after a while..

Luckily enough my next door neighbour was a Garda and he overheard some of the threats I was being subjected to in my garden from him.. So he stood as a witness for me when I went to report it.

He would do some seriously freaky sh1t to scare me.. including pulling up my Mother's flowers and arranging them like a wreath on the roof of our car.. moving our wheely bin around the back garden while we were sleeping at night, just let us know he'd been..

And of course the mandatory hang up phone calls.. We had to get a caller ID installed..

Oh he'd call to my Friends' houses when he couldn't get to me and tell them a load of lies about me bitching about them behind their backs etc.. just to try and turn them against me but thankfully they knew he was a screwball and didn't fall for it..

Also threatened to kill our dog and cat..

In a way I'm thankful that it happened as I am a much stronger person for it and I know the signs of a possessive, obsessive person early on and in relationships now.. it will never happen to me again.
    It seems to more blokes that do it then women.
    I remember actually a girl who my sister was friends with being stalked by this bloke, who was badly obsessed by her.
    He used to ring her landline and not hang up the phone so when she hung up he would still be on the line for a few mins so if she picked up again he'd try talk to her again. He also gave her little brother who didn't know any better letters to give to her. I'm not sure what happened in the end but I see the guy around the area a bit. He's a junkie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

+1 to this. It's one of the worst feelings I've ever encountered. I can laugh about it now (parts of it) but at the time it had me in tears. Every time I went to the letterbox I'd pause before looking to try psyche myself up a bit. It's funny to look at it in a light hearted way but when someone literally won't listen it's just awful. I didn't know what to expect. He obviously wasn't as stable as I thought he was so that made me wonder what else he was capable of.

Advertisement