Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Champion Hurdle, 13-03-12

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Poll added to this thread at the suggestion of a regular on the fourm (I haven't posted their name, but they can claim the credit in a later post if they like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Zarkandar
    convert wrote: »
    Poll added to this thread at the suggestion of a regular on the fourm (I haven't posted their name, but they can claim the credit in a later post if they like ;)

The poll results look like a tasty orange :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Zarkandar
    All the favs for me in the big ones this year. They look so straight forward.

Plus i'm sitting on a nice bet, waiting on Hurricane Fly to win this for €600.

Recent runs of Binocular and Zarkandar worry me slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Zarkandar
    ft9 wrote: »
    All the favs for me in the big ones this year. They look so straight forward.

Plus i'm sitting on a nice bet, waiting on Hurricane Fly to win this for €600.

Recent runs of Binocular and Zarkandar worry me slightly.

They wouldn't worry me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Fryern

Grandouet
    I think its you that is missing the point all championship races are NRNB and have been for a while ;)

Well that's a load of garbage.

It's an anti post market from Betfair CH rules (one example) :-

All bets stand run or not unless void under the Horseracing Rules and Regs or under the Betfair Terms and Conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Zarkandar
    Fryern wrote: »
    Well that's a load of garbage.

It's an anti post market from Betfair CH rules (one example) :-

All bets stand run or not unless void under the Horseracing Rules and Regs or under the Betfair Terms and Conditions.

You are aware that Betfair is not a bookies right?? Non runners are of course a loosing bet on the exchanges, so when the highstreet bookies are going NRNB why would you use the exchanges when the price diiferential is almost non existant?

Grandouet
    You are aware that Betfair is not a bookies right?? Non runners are of course a loosing bet on the exchanges, so when the highstreet bookies are going NRNB why would you use the exchanges when the price diiferential is almost non existant?

StanJames Champion Hurdle 13 Mar 15:20

Outright Ante Post's EW: 1/4 1,2,3

All In, Run Or Not

Above from Stan James themselves

It's an Anti Post market until 12th March - watch my lips ALL In, RUN Or Not

...............................SELL..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Zarkandar
    And what?

He could end up shorter if Zarkandar is still not right by the day and Grandouet is gone.

Sure Binocular missed last year with a late injury, same could happen him and your bets.

So no need for overexaggerations.

Zarkandar
    StanJames Champion Hurdle 13 Mar 15:20

Outright Ante Post's EW: 1/4 1,2,3

All In, Run Or Not

Above from Stan James themselves

It's an Anti Post market until 12th March - watch my lips ALL In, RUN Or Not

...............................SELL..............................

So you dont bet with Stan James, you bet with one of the firms that are NRNB, seriously are you trying not to understand or what?

My own fault when you stated there was a 50% chance Hurricane Fly wouldnt turn up because its ''three weeks away'' I should have just ignored the rest.:rolleyes:

Grandouet
    So you dont bet with Stan James, you bet with one of the firms that are NRNB, seriously are you trying not to understand or what?

:rolleyes:

It's an anti post market - so clever ... whose going NRNB?? Name them.

• Advertisement

Zarkandar

Ladbrokes on the 4 championship races

Zarkandar

NRNB is being offered by Ladbrokes, Bet365 and Betfred of the ones that I have accounts with there may be more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Zarkandar
    Ladbrokes have been NRNB on the 4 championship races since well before Xmas too. Bet365 have been for ages too

Not like they just went yesterday.

Zarkandar
    Hurricane Fly running away with the poll. I hope ye are all correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Rock on Ruby
    Am on Oscars Well at 25's e/w so I had to go for him. I suspect he'll be battling it out for 3rd place though.

Grandouet
    NRNB is being offered by Ladbrokes, Bet365 and Betfred of the ones that I have accounts with there may be more.

<snip>

When I took 15-1 on Binocular they were all 10-1 or worse. Same applies when I took 8-1 and I not talking peanuts. As I said I will lay for a free bet. The 4/6 on is still stupid. You have to get best odds as well. I know bet365 offer that. btw NRNB is new and has come in because of all the doubt about what will turn up.

Who did you bet with and at what price when? Not interested in the amount.

Rock on Ruby
    Look at the silly prices or do you need a dummy?

When I took 15-1 on Binocular they were all 10-1 or worse. Same applies when I took 8-1 and I not talking peanuts. As I said I will lay for a free bet. The 4/6 on is still stupid. You have to get best odds as well. I know bet365 offer that. btw NRNB is new and has come in because of all the doubt about what will turn up.

Who did you bet with and at what price when? Not interested in the amount.

Wtf? Ladbrokes have it in place since before Xmas. All firms usually go NRNB 3/4 weeks before the festival.

Lay away till your hearts content but from the other thread you said you've backed them on the high street so enjoy the convenience of having to load up your BF account with funds just to cover your 'free bet'.

Rock on Ruby
    They have been 11/2 all the time on Binocular now 9/2. They don't want to lay him.

..............................SMART..............................................

Do you understand the principle of NRNB?

Anyhoo, they were 7's and 9's on him around Xmas / New Year and were 14's up until his run on Stephens Day when the NRNB was still available.

You're welcome in advance

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/cheltenham-festival/champion-hurdle/winner/bet-history/binocular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Binocular
    I think the only way he wins is if he is on the bit and the jockey gets to work before the second last to try get the quicker horses off the bridle, some job getting Hurricane Fly off it though.

I have plenty on Hurricane and have lots of Zarkandar ew and in the w/o market which i did ew at 9/2, free bet for top 4 and really good go at 2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Zarkandar
    While I'm not confident about either I had the following bets with Ladbrokes NRNB:

Oscars Well 25/1
    Captain Chris 33/1

I'm actually hoping CC goes in the Ryanair for a refund as I now think he has no chance. When I placed both bets in December not only were Ladbrokes better price on both than the other high street bookies who weren't NRNB but also bigger than the lay prices on Betfair

With respect to their price on Binocular, no bookie goes top price on every horse unless they are running a promotion/price matching. They pick & choose who they want to lay & price accordingly. Stand up & take a few on, duck a few others

• Advertisement

Zarkandar
    Why oh why did I ask that lad to come over here to this forum???

head-desk-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1274356860.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Zarkandar
    Why oh why did I ask that lad to come over here to this forum???

head-desk-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1274356860.jpg

Classic ! Where's Huntey when ye need him :D Is there such thing as the Ali g of forums

Zarkandar
    Huntey is gone, closed his account.

Binocular
    Don't back Grandouet great lay yesterday. Won't run with stitches in his leg!

Henderson from http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=522824&lid=&raceid=&title=Grandouet+still+in+Champion+frame&ref=atrPA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Wed"It will become a concern, obviously, and you can only have so many days off at this stage, but as long as he is working by this weekend we are still in action and we've still got a chance.
    "He not as sore as he was, and as long as the infection can be controlled, we've still got a realistic chance."

That said even if he is 100% fit I don't think he will be in the top three

Binocular
    Hurricane Fly running away with the poll. I hope ye are all correct!

Just to **** things up I said Zarkandar ;)

Binocular
    NRNB is new and has come in because of all the doubt about what will turn up.

NRNB has been around as long as I have.

Out of interest how do you explain the fact bookies and Betfair still have antepost markets then? As every antepost market there is a doubt about what will turn up.

BTW if Hurricane Fly is evens in your book not to turn up, then Binocular must be around evens too which means your 15/1 on Betfair is realistically 7.5/1 less commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Grandouet
    After much deliberation,I've decided I'm backing Binocular. I reckon there'll be a defeated atmosphere in the bookies, with large smiles on the cashiers' faces, as Binocular storms up the hill under McCoy past Hurricane Run.

Zarkandar
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Totally agree with James here. Some people in here are acting like 12 year olds. Maybe there are, sure we are in cyberspace. So because someone doesn't agree or disputes your opinion they're stupid?? Doesn't work like that boys, grow up.

Thats very sexist of you Slattsy, tut tut.

And to be fair if you post something on a public forum, especially something that is as off the wall as fryern did, then you can expect it to be challenged and when it was and it was pointed out to him/her repeatedly that they were incorrect they still tried to argue it. And fryern was'nt too slow at throwing out the insults either, despite the fact they were so wrong it was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Zarkandar
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Totally agree with James here. Some people in here are acting like 12 year olds. Maybe there are, sure we are in cyberspace. So because someone doesn't agree or disputes your opinion they're stupid?? Doesn't work like that boys, grow up.

Thats very sexist of you Slattsy, tut tut.

And to be fair if you post something on a public forum, especially something that is as off the wall as fryern did, then you can expect it to be challenged and when it was and it was pointed out to him/her repeatedly that they were incorrect they still tried to argue it. And fryern was'nt too slow at throwing out the insults either, despite the fact they were so wrong it was hilarious.

I'm a sexist pig, what can I say ha ha.

Just because someone is wrong, doesn't make them stupid. Remember that boys and girls !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Zarkandar
    Grandouet is out. :(

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/grandouet-ruled-out-of-champion-hurdle-by-injury/991297/top/
    GRANDOUET, one time 5-1 second favourite for the Stan James Champion Hurdle, will miss Cheltenham due toan injury to his near hind (back left) fetlock joint.

Nicky Henderson told racingpost.com on Thursday: "There was further improvement in the joint today but he will not be ready to gallop at the weekend and therefore we'll have to put his Champion Hurdle challenge on hold until next year."

He added: "I've yet to discuss a plan with Simon Munir(owner) but Grandouet is not a horse for two and a half miles and therefore I doubt he'd go to Aintree."

More to follow. . .

Advertisement