Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone see the riot of sorts near the crescent SC today? My sister was driving past it at the time, men jumped out of a car up ahead armed with Hurleys and Golf clubs and another car stopped and more men jumped out of that with hatchets!!

Scary stuff

awh...limerick men really do know how to express there feelings on valentines day

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Anyone see the riot of sorts near the crescent SC today? My sister was driving past it at the time, men jumped out of a car up ahead armed with Hurleys and Golf clubs and another car stopped and more men jumped out of that with hatchets!!

Scary stuff

So that's SarahBeep having to stay inside her shop on Cruises street as a massive brawl/fight happened on that street, and now your sister gets to see another fight or something by the Shopping centre. Hope no decent folk got hurt in any of the incidents.

Odin only knows what the headlines will be when I return to my Thursday night trips down Portland Avenue. The dreaded Sniper gang may be out in force. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

awh...limerick men really do know how to express there feelings on valentines day

Don't judge... Thats just how their species mate...

TheTownie wrote: »
    Don't judge... Thats just how their species mate...

Hehe now I am imagining a documentary on Limerick scumbags being narrated by David Attenborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

QQ

Does anyone know for sure if there's toilets next to the playground in Curragh Chase?

• Advertisement

Wamble wrote: »
    QQ

Does anyone know for sure if there's toilets next to the playground in Curragh Chase?

Been a while since I was out there and even longer since I went near the toilets out there, but there used to be public toilets there near the main carpark, but they were filthy inside and sometimes had not so nice people hanging around them.

Maybe someone else on here was out there more recently though and can give you a better answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was out there last week but didnt use the toilets. Toilets are still there as far as I could see. However it was nice that we didnt have to pay to gain access to the park

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Was out there last week but didnt use the toilets. Toilets are still there as far as I could see. However it was nice that we didnt have to pay to gain access to the park

What?

I drove out recently during a Friday afternoon and was surprised when I saw a barrier with a pay box thing. I remember the days when you paid during the Summer and nobody manned the box in the Winter. :confused:

I'm not interested in paying for a public amenity. PUBLIC!

Yeah the barrier was up - so drove straight in for free. However if you know the area, when you are on the road just before you come to the barriers there is a crossroads, you should take a right and there is a gate that you can enter the park through just up the road a bit.

Yeah the barrier was up - so drove straight in for free. However if you know the area, when you are on the road just before you come to the barriers there is a crossroads, you should take a right and there is a gate that you can enter the park through just up the road a bit.

I'm going to test that theory on Friday. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

That used happen the whole time at school, lads not coming back after lunch. They're ruining the honour system for all the other prisoners though.

Crescent Shopping Centre Car Park.............

How do you do the posted speed limit of 10km/h. I tried it tonight and I had to constantly ride the clutch to keep the car going/from stalling.

Stupid limit. Even their bin collecting yellow thing goes faster than that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Is that the one that goes up by the scout center/house?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I am not sure on that h3k but I know that its a turn right at the crossroads and then take a turn right and you should come across a gate on either side of the road. Free entry.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=52.589701,-8.880987&spn=0.021405,0.055747&hnear=Limerick,+County+Limerick,+Ireland&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=52.589507,-8.880979&panoid=KPBpxtD4t7q9eRK5fgc8FQ&cbp=12,56.95,,0,4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Yeah, barrier was up today too. Free to all. Toilets were locked though. Nice few coming and going. Good atmosphere, despite the drizzle.

Had a bit of fun with the camera too.
    6889031567_10854a1af6_z.jpg
    Untitled by Wamble, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Yeah, barrier was up today too. Free to all. Toilets were locked though. Nice few coming and going. Good atmosphere, despite the drizzle.

a32a3b9c-0e1b-4f66-ab4f-b66a7d1eb134.jpg

Man. That is straight out of the "How to be a Hipster" look. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

I am not sure on that h3k but I know that its a turn right at the crossroads and then take a turn right and you should come across a gate on either side of the road. Free entry.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=52.589701,-8.880987&spn=0.021405,0.055747&hnear=Limerick,+County+Limerick,+Ireland&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=52.589507,-8.880979&panoid=KPBpxtD4t7q9eRK5fgc8FQ&cbp=12,56.95,,0,4.5

Is the crossroads that you refer to near the barriers at the "main entrance"? If yes, then the 2nd right that you mention will surely bring you away from Curraghchase????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Is that the band that were playing before Jape the other night at The Office bar?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

shorter walk from http://g.co/maps/5p8qm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

shorter walk from http://g.co/maps/5p8qm

I really dont understand this, people head to the woods for a walk but everyone wants the short walk from where they park their car.

The way people park at the barrier at Cratloe Woods crack me up, some almost park their car with the bonnet under the barrier to get closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Is that the band that were playing before Jape the other night at The Office bar?!

You mean Tidal Minds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

roast wrote: »
    You mean Tidal Minds?

Thats them..recognised the girl with the polkadot tights :)

Thats them..recognised the girl with the polkadot tights :)

Looks like her! They're a deadly band, I've seen them around a bunch of times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone fancy meeting up for the We Come In Pieces thing tonight?

Yeah, I'll be there for sure. Can't wait to see them again, they put on a great show! Sound fellas too.

Also, I'll try not to burn the ear off you as much tonight, was h'awfully drunk the last time. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

what now?

i googled, they're a band, not my kinda music though... :o

• Advertisement

That on tonight in the Pig? For some reason I mistakenly thought it was tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement