Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matt-the-Jap (or Matteo Matubara if you dont like the nickname)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

that whole relayed conversation was the funniest i've ever heard Christine - but still, people get this whole "oh, matts grand, its everyone else who has a problem" thing - sorry, but every now and then I don't go along with the whole minority rights thing...usually when its a minority of 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

If he's not Japanese then where is he from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

France.

&#231 wrote: »
    that whole relayed conversation was the funniest i've ever heard Christine - but still, people get this whole "oh, matts grand, its everyone else who has a problem" thing - sorry, but every now and then I don't go along with the whole minority rights thing...usually when its a minority of 1.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I don't doubt the validity of all of the complaints made against - there have been tonnes and from loads of different people all across the college. It's just kind of hard to reconcile this apparent hell-raiser with the old guy who walks in the Pubs office every day.

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

But he's of Japanese origin and speaks the language no? Ehh I hear so many stories I get them mixed up.

What am I doing on here at 4.45am anyway. zzzzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Good question you raise. 'Fraid I can't answer either.

I think his parents were Japanese but he was brought up in France, went to the Sorbonne and considers it his home.

However like you said, it's very very late and things start to make less sense around now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Who gives a shi te wheer he's from?He has damaged college property,assaulted college staff and sexually harassed female students.He's not wanted on campus and he doesnt contribute anything to the university.People who think he's some sort of harmless yet highly-educated eccentric need to get a grip on themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kevo.Parisyan

Who gives a shi te wheer he's from?He has damaged college property,assaulted college staff and sexually harassed female students.He's not wanted on campus and he doesnt contribute anything to the university.People who think he's some sort of harmless yet highly-educated eccentric need to get a grip on themselves

Let me be the first to say judging by your description MTJ is a LEGEND

Damaged College property? Scribbled on a few pieces of paper? Hardly wrecking the place

Sexually harassed female students? Shown them drawings of penises?
    SLapping them on the ass? He's hardly more perverted then the average JF Engineer

Not wanted on Campus? I have to admit I ignore him when I see him but I think lots of kids get a kick out of having our very own dirtly little man unoffical mascot. I just wish we had a college football game to bring him to.

Doesn't Contribute anything? He writes articles for the newspapers. He's submitted a thesis. He recycles newspapers.

Harmless? I'd reckon so. The guy can't even run. He doesn't worry me too much. If indeed he attacked someone in the arts building they should have given him a thump.

HIghly Educated? Well he has at least a Degree which is more than me and probably a M.A.

Eccentric? He is a bit nuts tbh.

Let me be the first to say judging by your description MTJ is a LEGEND

Damaged College property? Scribbled on a few pieces of paper? Hardly wrecking the place

Sexually harassed female students? Shown them drawings of penises?
    SLapping them on the ass? He's hardly more perverted then the average JF Engineer

Not wanted on Campus? I have to admit I ignore him when I see him but I think lots of kids get a kick out of having our very own dirtly little man unoffical mascot. I just wish we had a college football game to bring him to.

Doesn't Contribute anything? He writes articles for the newspapers. He's submitted a thesis. He recycles newspapers.

Harmless? I'd reckon so. The guy can't even run. He doesn't worry me too much. If indeed he attacked someone in the arts building they should have given him a thump.

HIghly Educated? Well he has at least a Degree which is more than me and probably a M.A.

Eccentric? He is a bit nuts tbh.

I really dont know where to begin.I'll just say "you dont know what you're talking about" and leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kevo.Parisyan

touché

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I've just been in the SU shop, and Matt was in getting his free newspapers. The girl behind the counter said he's been in bad form lately. I noticed how similarly to Ibid he dresses, with his Vans and baggy jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Degsy wrote:
    I really dont know where to begin.I'll just say "you dont know what you're talking about" and leave it at that.

Your comments about him seem pretty hateful in general. Maybe they are true, maybe they are false. To dismiss someones view without giving reasons would suggest you don't know what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

europerson wrote:
    I noticed how similarly to Ibid he dresses, with his Vans and baggy jeans.
    Europerson doesn't have a web connection in his term-time home. We're going to a movie later on, or so he thinks.

He shall suffer for that comment. My shoes are clearly Converse.

damnyanks wrote:
    Your comments about him seem pretty hateful in general. Maybe they are true, maybe they are false. To dismiss someones view without giving reasons would suggest you don't know what you are talking about.

He was disagreeing with what i've been saying throughout this thread without being able to back it up.I've been in the college 13 years,when it comes to that scumbag matubara i know what i'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

That guy is still knocking around????? I was there 9 years ago and he frequented the arts block and the courtyard even then! He's a mysterious character alright, I heard he was a lecturer many moons ago who fell out with the college, was something to do with books/old manuscripts alright. I heard that academia was his life and that's why he can't leave the place. We heard that he sometimes (rarely) has messages for certain students. He would write out little notes, fold them up and slip them into their hands - never heard what they said.

Degsy???????? 13 years????????? Student or Lecturer??????????

That guy is still knocking around????? I was there 9 years ago and he frequented the arts block and the courtyard even then! He's a mysterious character alright, I heard he was a lecturer many moons ago who fell out with the college, was something to do with books/old manuscripts alright. I heard that academia was his life and that's why he can't leave the place. We heard that he sometimes (rarely) has messages for certain students. He would write out little notes, fold them up and slip them into their hands - never heard what they said.

Degsy???????? 13 years????????? Student or Lecturer??????????

Guess again!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

librarian!

paperclip wrote:
    librarian!

Who told ya???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

I think you mentioned it somewhere. Either that or I have powers.

Seriously though, If you're not a lecturer or a student, not many people would hang around for that long, except for staff. To guess a librarian was an obvious choice.

Do I get a prize? :D

• Advertisement

snicker - look what I started :D

Degsy, I thought you were one of those eternal student types!:eek:
    It never dawned on me that, other than being a lecturer, you might work there doing something else!

I'd imagine a librarian in TCD has their job cut out for them.

Can you deny or confirm the 'Mat the Jap in Library Incident' rumour/urban legend/fact then?

snicker - look what I started :D

Degsy, I thought you were one of those eternal student types!:eek:
    It never dawned on me that, other than being a lecturer, you might work there doing something else!

I'd imagine a librarian in TCD has their job cut out for them.

Can you deny or confirm the 'Mat the Jap in Library Incident' rumour/urban legend/fact then?

He was banned from the library for tearing pages out of books and writing notes in the margins.He also physicaly assaulted staff and then launched a campaign against named staff in the library in one of the student rags.He's mentally unstable and violent.

Degsy wrote:
    He was banned from the library for tearing pages out of books and writing notes in the margins.He also physicaly assaulted staff and then launched a campaign against named staff in the library in one of the student rags.He's mentally unstable and violent.

If he was in the library at all, he must have been a student or lecturer then (or librarian:D -joke)

Was this long ago?

If he was in the library at all, he must have been a student or lecturer then (or librarian:D -joke)

Was this long ago?

He was here in the 80's and got banned in the 90's..he's been shuffling around ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

He hangs out in the lgb soc room a lot these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Can me add the other retarded thread to this retarded thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 carlita86

As if the man wasn't already surrounded by enough rumours, there is new one. It has been said that he died two nights again - 27th of November 2007! Is this true? Don't let it be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Hippo

Matt's first recorded appearance was the academic year of 1979/80. I was there...

Advertisement