Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Do the inclusive minutes on this include calls to landlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Is this deal for a limited time only? Think I'll switch from Vodafone PAYG but have just topped up by €30 so am going to wait till I get the 4S at Xmas and then switch to this Meteor deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I ordered this last Monday; I was charged admin fee, and then on Tuesday got a mail that my order was cancelled, no reason given. 6 emails later and over an hour of being on hold, no idea why, or if ill get that one euro back.

Absolutely disgusted by their customer service and not for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Africa wrote: »
    I ordered this last Monday; I was charged admin fee, and then on Tuesday got a mail that my order was cancelled, no reason given. 6 emails later and over an hour of being on hold, no idea why, or if ill get that one euro back.

Absolutely disgusted by their customer service and not for the first time.

Did you get your sim or did they just take a euro on you..

^That is terrible. Have been trying to find out when this deal expires, and their contact form on their website doesn't work, and the forum seems pretty poor with loads of people not getting any response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

No; I havent gotten the sim card or a decent reply yet. Disgusted by their awful service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I've been on Meteor for years now and have never had a problem with their service when I have rang...never even had long waiting times.

Just rang them there to ask for the 10 euro discount applied to my 25 euro bill pay smart lite plan and it was no problem at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

Beekay wrote: »
    I've been on Meteor for years now and have never had a problem with their service when I have rang...never even had long waiting times.

Just rang them there to ask for the 10 euro discount applied to my 25 euro bill pay smart lite plan and it was no problem at all.
    Did you have to go through to the cancellations team for this, or what did you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

TheChevron wrote: »
    I see that Three deal; I know a few people on it, and up until I seen this deal I was destined to get it.

I now think that the Meteor deal is better. If you are using under 200 mins + Texts a month and are using under 1gb of data, then €15 is better than €20. Simple maths. 15 is lower than 20.
    If however you are using more that the above Calls Texts and Data, maybe the Three offer is better.

For me, the Meteor offer looks the business, and its only a 1 month contract so I'm going to give it a shot, for a month at least.

I think what you're missing here is that all the stuff we get is free, you still have €20 credit on top of it to use too. I also get given €10 free credit every month.

Last month I had €16 still on my account when topping up another €20! Haven't even gotten to my free credit yet which is at €35 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

G S R wrote: »
    Did you have to go through to the cancellations team for this, or what did you say?

No, I just rang 1800 638 367 and said there was no option for me to change my plan as I was already a bill pay smart lite customer and could they apply the discount to my plan. I threw in a comment about thinking about switching to 3 but I don't even think he took notice. He put me on hold and then came back and said the discount had been applied to my account.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Beekay wrote: »
    No, I just rang 1800 638 367 and said there was no option for me to change my plan as I was already a bill pay smart lite customer and could they apply the discount to my plan. I threw in a comment about thinking about switching to 3 but I don't even think he took notice. He put me on hold and then came back and said the discount had been applied to my account.:D

Best of luck with it. I moved to the Billpay Smart at the beginning of October. I had an Affinity Discount of 25% in my old plan and I asked for this to be continued. Was assured it would be. Got 2 bills since and no discount:(. Bunged off 2 emails to them. Got no reply. Bye, bye, Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

leggit wrote: »
    I think what you're missing here is that all the stuff we get is free, you still have €20 credit on top of it to use too. I also get given €10 free credit every month.

Last month I had €16 still on my account when topping up another €20! Haven't even gotten to my free credit yet which is at €35 too!
    I'm not missing anything. You have to top up by €20 euro to get all the stuff. How is that free?

So, 15 is less than 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭Barr

Good offer , I'm tempted to give up my Golden sim !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Paying €30 a month for the same thing on meteor:( must ring them tomorrow and see if they will give me this deal. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

The 20 euro deal with three is not as good as it seems. I have been on it now for a few months. Firstly it was an absolute nightmare porting over to three and their customer service is dreadful. I was left without service for over 3 days. And must have rang them over 20 times trying to sort it out.

Next problem is the cost of the calls to non three people during the week. At 29 cent that only leaves you with 68 minutes which is fairly useless. I always ended up using the 20 euro credit within the first week.

So when you look at the three deal for 20 euro you get 68 mins and unlimited texts and data and free cals at the weekend.

The meteor deal for 15 euro gives 200 mins and texts and 300 web texts which is very handy on the iphone and 1GB of data which is enough for most people.

Another thing is that I found the meteor coverage to be better than three and I know a lot more people on meteor so the free calls and texts with them is very handy.

I’m definitely moving to this deal..

For an Iphone is 1GB per month enough though? I have the Samsung H1 which is a good few years old now and very slow so I just use it for basic web browsing and not even youtube vids as it freezes. I was looking on the Three website and they give what I assume is an accurate breakdown of how many MBs different things use - you can see it if you scroll down http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/billpay/all_you_can_eat_data.html

One thing I found strange was that they claim radio streaming takes up 100MB per hour. I listen to the radio a lot on my phone when travelling via the FM radio, but was told the Iphone doesn't have the radio so you have to download an App for the likes of Newstalk, RTE, Nova etc and stream - so going by 3's info I would only get 10 hours listening to the radio for the full month usingthe Iphone 4s on the Meteor deal ? Surely this has to be a mistake? If not then I may go with the Three deal to get unlimited data but really don't like all the negativity surrounding Three as a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

I use my iphone all the time and think 1gb isint bad but you would have to keep and eye on your usage. I have wifi at home and work so its not to bad. I was with meteor before and only had 1gb and found it ok.
    Unlimited data is handy on three but I find the reception terrible so cant even use it some of the time. Keeps dropping back to the circle symbol which is actually useless.
    Also listening to the radio will eat through your data in no time..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

does this plan have free meteor to meteor calls and texts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

podge018 wrote: »
    Does it say that it does?

where you first select the €20/SIM only plan it does say it. The next page though calls the plan Bill Pay Smart Lite €30 and doesn't mention the Meteor to Meteor calls and texts.

I'm worried about the different names to be honest. Seems to be a bit of a **** up on their behalf and I even wonder will they honour it.

• Advertisement

vodkatime wrote: »
    I use my iphone all the time and think 1gb isint bad but you would have to keep and eye on your usage. I have wifi at home and work so its not to bad. I was with meteor before and only had 1gb and found it ok.
    Unlimited data is handy on three but I find the reception terrible so cant even use it some of the time. Keeps dropping back to the circle symbol which is actually useless.
    Also listening to the radio will eat through your data in no time..

Yeah I wouldn't nee to be using any data on the radio if Iphone had FM Radio like all other phones. Is there a way of getting the radio on the phone do you know to avoid having to stream and waste Data? Seems very odd that the Iphone is the only phone I can find that doesn't have such a simple feature.

Yeah I've heard a lot of problems with Three coverage, especially when the 3G switches off.

podge018 wrote: »

Yes it does - when you click the Lite 30 and a pop up appear with the details of the deal which includes Free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts.

not getting that pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

Switched over to this myself today by making a quick call, done and dusted within a couple of minutes. It also definitly includes free meteor to meteor calls and texts

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Im on the exact same plan for 20 euro,Ill be giving them a shout tommorow

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

How does this pay plan work?

If you go over your limit, do you get billed and charged vat, or can you top it up??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭loopymum

This would suit me down to the ground but I am still in the 12 month contract with them

unreggd wrote: »
    How does this pay plan work?

If you go over your limit, do you get billed and charged vat, or can you top it up??

If you go over,you get charged..

loopymum wrote: »
    This would suit me down to the ground but I am still in the 12 month contract with them

But obviously you have a brand new smartphone to accompany that contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 tomyr7

Simona1986 wrote: »
    http://shop.three.ie/terms/prepay-price-plan-terms-conditions/ There's the terms and conditions. My first post isn't clear, the 3,000 any network minutes are weekend only (Friday midnight to Sunday midnight) and there's a 15GB cap on data.

Only 2880 minutes in the weekend... Seems a bit silly

Advertisement