Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

FanadMan wrote: »

Talk about a kick in the teeth - just been told that a close friend of mine has esophageal adenocarcinoma (a severe throat cancer). Really not of help for me but have to be there for her.

I'm sorry to hear that Fanadman
    It won't be easy on you, that's for sure. Like you said, you have to be there for her. If there's any small glimmer of consolation in all this, it's that you have a massive distraction from your own stuff...
    Be strong for her but don't forget to look after yourself too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Hmmm... 12 minute boot up....... methinks there's something not quite right with my pooter!!

means spending the morning configuring another then taking this one off the network and figuring out what's wrong...

New pooters in work are a pain in the arse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I haz many happeez today :D

Booking my holiday to Ontario and Quebec.
    Boyfriend is booking his holiday to come see me.
    I got a cheque for CA$10,000 :D

I am happy again cause I have a snow day :D No school for me!

And I got some super nice care parcels from home yesterday. A friend sent me chocolates and tea bags and a magazine and some photos and a nice card. So nice cause she is an old school friend but we couldn't hang out much cause she went away for college. My mam sent me chocolate and a bunch of Paddy's day tack! Loved it!

Pissed that my "friends" from my town have just stopped talking to me. I moved away all by myself and they can't even answer an email. Knowing them though they probably have some bitchy pact going on over something petty I did but none of them will tell me. I know in my mind I'm better off without them, just still upsets me a little.

But its still a snow day :D

Its been a relatively consistent downward turn in my life in recent weeks/months. Thankfully, I know what to do to change this, but it's just ruddy hard to actually do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Wish I had more confidence in my own ability. :o

Did something today that was a total high five moment. Go me! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What the hell was that? Videos like that should be banned from this forum!!!
    I call for an instant permaban on Princess Peach!!!!!!:P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Work and the management crap that goes with it. Just let me do my job :mad:

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    What the hell was that? Videos like that should be banned from this forum!!!
    I call for an instant permaban on Princess Peach!!!!!!:P

It's Robin Sparkles, Canadian teen pop sensation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

FanadMan wrote: »
    Talk about a kick in the teeth - just been told that a close friend of mine has esophageal adenocarcinoma (a severe throat cancer). Really not of help for me but have to be there for her.
    From a kick in the teeth to pure elation! Don't know whether it is divine intervention or a medical arse-up but my friend has been told that there is now no sign of any cancerous growths in her throat or anywhere else!

Know she has seen a lot of priests in the last week so either she cleared it herself, the priests did something or the NI medical service has a lot to answer for.

In the end I don't really care - no cancer!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

ME ON TOP OF THE WORLD NOW :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

It's Robin Sparkles, Canadian teen pop sensation!

Love Robin Sparkles ;)

I am happy today cause I had a nice evening with a friend downtown, lots of laughing!

Then I got sad and scared watching the Walking Dead.

But then I was happy again drinking tea and playing games.

My class in the morning is cancelled so don't have class till 7pm! I'm going to the mall! Find some kind of green like outfit for the weekend. I don't usually go so all out for Paddy's Day but I'm banking on some free drinks cause I'm Irish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Larianne wrote: »
    Wish I had more confidence in my own ability. :o

Did something today that was a total high five moment. Go me! :D

Ended up getting a 1st on placement :D YAY delighted with myself.

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's the little things in life that make me smile.
    'was in the village the other day and saw a kid no more than six years old wearing a dinosaur T-shirt and holding a toy dinosaur.
    Only yesterday my aunt was over visiting and asked me if I had anything for her 4 year old Godchild to play with as he she had to mind him later that day.
    So I gave him this guy:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXSiXHuhmRih8A6VNqx1DF3J7BHeZ68RJbWuJNZKSzn6YjN_b0UwgvICvV

Cue him spending the evening bouncing Giganotosaurus off my uncle's head for the evening yelling, "RAAARRRR!!!!!"
    The little lad couldn't pronounce 'Giganotosaurus' though, so he's calling him Tee Rex for now.

The little things :)

Left an assignment till super duper late so spent all day doing it >_< Think its pretty good though! I work well under pressure.

Came home to find a parcel from my mammy with an Easter egg and a few little presents in it :D And my Legend of the Pizza t-shirt I forgot at home! Its Link holding a tri-force made of pizza! Couldnt live without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Came home to find a parcel from my mammy with an Easter egg and a few little presents in it :D And my Legend of the Pizza t-shirt I forgot at home! Its Link holding a tri-force made of pizza! Couldnt live without it!

I must see this t-shirt! That sounds amazing :D

No more college interviews! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I finally realised that someone I work with is nothing but antagonistic and will only ever highlight the negative aspects of things other people say or do. The idea that he might actually be positive, supportive or in anyway contribute to team morale in a positive way is just a mirage. It is impossible.

I've given up trying to be friendly to him. He'll get polite, professional and short responses from me which is a hell of a lot more than I will get from him, or anyone else will either

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

G-Money wrote: »
    I finally realised that someone I work with is nothing but antagonistic and will only ever highlight the negative aspects of things other people say or do. The idea that he might actually be positive, supportive or in anyway contribute to team morale in a positive way is just a mirage. It is impossible.

I've given up trying to be friendly to him. He'll get polite, professional and short responses from me which is a hell of a lot more than I will get from him, or anyone else will either

Some people just aren't worth it.

Big decisions to be made this weekend. Could go either way. To emigrate or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Christ, I hate people like that. He sounds insecure to me and is covering them up by highlighting negative aspects of others.

You should tell him to get fúcked to be honest especially if it's hindering your work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Some people just aren't worth it.

Big decisions to be made this weekend. Could go either way. To emigrate or not.

You're right.

What are the emmigration options?

You're right.

What are the emmigration options?

Was a chance to move to Caribbean but it fell through. Probably for the best tbh. Happy now that I can make proper plans here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I am in GREAT form today! Spent the last few days with some amazing people (one in particular!) and with the trip this coming Friday - I'm just in a great mood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I am in GREAT form today! Spent the last few days with some amazing people (one in particular!) and with the trip this coming Friday - I'm just in a great mood!

Oh you!

/flutters eye lashes

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Finally got around to deleting all the ex-girlfriend photos from facebook last night. Woke up feeling great this morning and add the amazing weather to it and you have a very happy Don Carlos! :D

Bad form- Been sick the last 2 days, and I have so much college work I just don't have time to be sick :(

Good form- Got out of my sick bed this morning to answer the door to the postman with the best package I have ever got :D

197989.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

Ok, I'm not sure I can write this well enough to do it justice, but, yesterday I mentioned to my girlfriend, in passing, that we needed some bread. The kids were there and heard me say it. Money's been tight lately and the kids knew this (less treats, etc.). I went upstairs to get some cash before heading to the shop. Our 7 year old followed me up, went to her room, and called me. I met her on the landing and she handed me a tenner from her savings, saying 'This is for all the kind things you do for me'. I swear to god, I thought I'd burst into tears. I could feel my eyes well up. 100% good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

^^ Kids never fail to amaze me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Neonjack wrote: »
    Ok, I'm not sure I can write this well enough to do it justice, but, yesterday I mentioned to my girlfriend, in passing, that we needed some bread. The kids were there and heard me say it. Money's been tight lately and the kids knew this (less treats, etc.). I went upstairs to get some cash before heading to the shop. Our 7 year old followed me up, went to her room, and called me. I met her on the landing and she handed me a tenner from her savings, saying 'This is for all the kind things you do for me'. I swear to god, I thought I'd burst into tears. I could feel my eyes well up. 100% good form.

Wow, that nearly had me in tears!! Sounds like you have some fantastic kids there mate!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

So you took the €10?? :pac:

What a considerate thing for a child to do!

Advertisement