Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archos 5 120GB Internet Media Tablet £69

• 04-10-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Archos 5 120GB Internet Media Tablet WiFi 5", High Resolution Touch Screen 800x480 pixels, also 60gb & 250gb versions on same site, 60gb is a bit dearer as it's slimmer.

120gb

60gb

250gb

+£3.95 shipping to ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Just some info for any one that is looking for a tablet this is noting like an Android tablet all this is good for is loading on move's and watching them on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Just some info for any one that is looking for a tablet this is noting like an Android tablet all this is good for is loading on move's and watching them on it.
    ahh now com'n, it does a bit more than that..I bought it as a replacement for a broken ipod classic 160gb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

jeez-reviews are awful bad for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

M cebee wrote: »
    jeez-reviews are awful bad for it
    yeah, seen those reviews too, mostly from the time of it's launch in 2008/2009, I also read where firmware upgrades have sorted out bugs.

• They're okay for a movie/music jukebox. If you're travelling a lot it can be handy to fit a couple of hundred movies/episodes on a single device.
    "8GB to 32GB (with Micro SD) flash/60GB to 250GB hard disk storage
    4.8in, 800x480-pixel TFT LCD touchscreen
    Mpeg4, H.264 HD, WMV, M-Jpeg, Mpeg2, WMV HD
    MP3CBR & VBR, WMA, Protected WMA, WAV, AAC9, AAC+ stereo audio files, Flac and OGG Vorbis
    JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
    video recording, audio recording, Webbrowser, Email, Contacts, DroidIn, Ebuddy IM, Twidroid, Deezer, Dailymotion, QuickPedia, ThinkFree Mobile, Moov, CraigsPhone, alarm clock, calculator
    USB 2.0
    WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)
    Bluetooth 2.0, FM transmitter/FM receiver (RDS), Built-in speaker, Built-in leg stand, Built-in Microphone,

Those are not the specs to the model(s) you linked. Those are for the successor to these ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I had one about 2 years ago, my advice is keep your £69 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

"High Resolution" :rolleyes:

• bricky06 wrote: »
    "High Resolution" :rolleyes:

That description would have been written in 2008 when the model launched. :rolleyes:

800x480 on a 4.8" screen was certainly 'high resolution' at the time (iPod touch that year was 480x320).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah I'd leave this one tbh. Had a go of one ages ago, and there really was nothing good to say about it. Maybe if it was 20 quid then yeah, it'd be good. But not at £70.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I have the Archos 70 Internet Tablet ....

The 5 sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

That description would have been written in 2008 when the model launched. :rolleyes:

800x480 on a 4.8" screen was certainly 'high resolution' at the time (iPod touch that year was 480x320).

I know yeah, just mental looking back and thinking that that was high res!

I have the same resolution on my 4.3" android and I'm starting to get very jealous of the 4.7ish" HD screens around these days!:P

Advertisement