Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I'd love to join the OT chat but I feel like such an outsider reading all the previous posts.. :pac:

hi :o

Hello :) welcome to this mad thread :)
    and i used to feel the same, still do :P :)

and guys after a hard long day in work , the last few pages made me laugh so much , so thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Satisfying a shift craving is 10 times better than satisfying a food craving. Thanks cian! :P

I'm in an emotional mood now, I love this thread and you guys so much! :*:):D :P :cool: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Dya ever just get that feeling where ya really really want a shift. It just comes out of nowhere... No? Just me so... :P

Paha, I had that so much on Saturday then I ended up spending half the night in the smoking area having emotional chats with people I vaguely know. Tomorrow night WILL be more productive #creeping

Hello :) welcome to this mad thread :)
    and i used to feel the same, still do :P :)

and guys after a hard long day in work , the last few pages made me laugh so much , so thank you :D

What do you work as? Crazy lady, any spare time I have is used for sleeping! :P

What do you work as? Crazy lady, any spare time I have is used for sleeping! :P

part time sales assistant , lc + job = no life
    sleep? what is that ? :P no rest for the wicked :P

• Advertisement

part time sales assistant , lc + job = no life
    sleep? what is that ? :P no rest for the wicked :P

Oh dya get discounts on nice things? :P

Oh dya get discounts on nice things? :P

well considering I work in a supermarket not really , only food and my mam gets that

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Dougal's description of the beast on Craggy Island:

It has claws as big as cups
    It has four ears, two for listening and two are sort of back-up ears. Some might be on the inside of its head
    It has a retractable leg so it can leap up at you better
    It has magnets on its tail, so if you're made out of metal, it can attach itself to you
    It lights up at night
    It has a tremendous fear of stamps
    Its yawn sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around inside a barrel
    It has no mouth, but instead has four arses
    It only has eyebrows on Saturdays

Sorry I know it's random but I could not stop laughing for five minutes after hearing this on Father Ted! Never gets old :D

... Nice food?
    only the bestest :) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Picture time:cool:
    I'm pretty sure Cian's a guy ... no-one's all that sure about Coeur tbh!! :cool:
    63a93a40-4972-4340-a040-22aeebddf52e.jpg
    Satisfying a shift craving is 10 times better than satisfying a food craving. Thanks cian! :P

I'm in an emotional mood now, I love this thread and you guys so much! :*:):D :P :cool: :pac:
    5f3fe754-945a-4de0-a9d7-ad89db5c05e5.jpg

• Advertisement

only the bestest :) :P

Woohoo! :D I'm hungry now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

silversky wrote: »
    Dougal's description of the beast on Craggy Island:

It has claws as big as cups
    It has four ears, two for listening and two are sort of back-up ears. Some might be on the inside of its head
    It has a retractable leg so it can leap up at you better
    It has magnets on its tail, so if you're made out of metal, it can attach itself to you
    It lights up at night
    It has a tremendous fear of stamps
    Its yawn sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around inside a barrel
    It has no mouth, but instead has four arses
    It only has eyebrows on Saturdays

Sorry I know it's random but I could not stop laughing for five minutes after hearing this on Father Ted! Never gets old :D

Lol, I recorded that whole quote on my phone a year or two ago. :D

My favourite part is the bit about the yawn. :D

Cian A wrote: »

63a93a40-4972-4340-a040-22aeebddf52e.jpg

5f3fe754-945a-4de0-a9d7-ad89db5c05e5.jpg

You PMd me earlier bbz.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Togepi wrote: »
    Lol, I recorded that whole quote on my phone a year or two ago. :D

My favourite part is the bit about the yawn. :D

My favourite part was "he has no mouth but four arses instead".

I really dunno how they come up with those lines :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Cian A wrote: »
    Cian A is hereby officially re-named Freddie Mercury! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Just thought I'd let ye know I'm having the most amazing hot chocolate right now!

032017.jpg
    d74bf692-3e38-4c81-aef6-a0cf15ef6274.jpeg
    dairy3.jpg
    orig_1219598171.jpg
    marshmallow-scrub-1220-p.jpg

Recepie if ye PM me :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Anyone else find the e-xamit codes useless? :rolleyes:

I tried to use them for my geography option and wow, I'd hate to have any of the teachers who write those answers...
    Preparation: Air circulation
    Answer: Bad with no headings (theyre so important!)
    Smart tips: Revise air circulation.

Who'd have thought it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Anyone else find the e-xamit codes useless? :rolleyes:

I tried to use them for my geography option and wow, I'd hate to have any of the teachers who write those answers...
    Preparation: Air circulation
    Answer: Bad with no headings (theyre so important!)
    Smart tips: Revise air circulation.

Who'd have thought it :eek:
    I don't have codes for geography but now I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing :O

Joey. wrote: »
    I don't have codes for geography but now I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing :O
    I spent ages copying them down from my friend's papers and now its all a load of ****e :pac: Most questions are pretty okay but the option ones are ridiculously bad :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I spent ages copying them down from my friend's papers and now its all a load of ****e :pac: Most questions are pretty okay but the option ones are ridiculously bad :confused:
    Hate that :p they would mess up the one worth the most marks, of course :pac: I'll have to see can I look up a geoecology one, I want to see what it's like :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Anyone else despise the examinations archive on the examinations.ie website? I mean the way you have to click in, load, click in, load, click in, load.. then if you want to change one thing you have to start all again.. why the goddamn awkwardness?! :(

Oh and you could cut the sexual tension in this thread with a spoon tbh.. :pac:

Hate that :p they would mess up the one worth the most marks, of course :pac: I'll have to see can I look up a geoecology one, I want to see what it's like :p
    Exactly! :pac: Mine's atmosphere-ocean environment, maybe they just dont like my option :o
    Anyone else despise the examinations archive on the examinations.ie website? I mean the way you have to click in, load, click in, load, click in, load.. then if you want to change one thing you have to start all again.. why the goddamn awkwardness?! :(

Oh and you could cut the sexual tension in this thread with a spoon tbh.. :pac:
    I hate it too! Seriously, why cant they just let you change one box without redoing it all :( I just change the year in the link, usually works a charm :P

I hate that! But like Patchy~ said it usually works if you just change the year in the URL. :D Unless you change it to 2012... :(

hahaha glad to know im not the only one who tries that! :P I just sit there thinking about how one day it'll have my leaving cert on it...but right now its locked away in athlone :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I swear I'm gonna study today :/ !

hahaha glad to know im not the only one who tries that! :P I just sit there thinking about how one day it'll have my leaving cert on it...but right now its locked away in athlone :( :pac:

Haha, last April/May when my year was extra pissed-off with the Leaving Cert for, y'know, existing and all, one of our teachers mentioned that the papers were in Athlone and my friend gasped as if to say 'why didn't you tell us sooner, sure I would've gotten us a few!'. :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

ConTheCat wrote: »
    I swear I'm gonna study today :/ !

Told myself that last Saturday.. still no attempt ;) Ha! Does anyone else find it a lot easier to study after school than on holidays?

memes-internet-y-u-no-let-me-study.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Limerick city tomorrow to see Mary I accomidation. Turns out this ''leaving cert'' craic isn't all talk, it's actually going to happen ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

13spanner wrote: »
    Limerick city tomorrow to see Mary I accomidation. Turns out this ''leaving cert'' craic isn't all talk, it's actually going to happen ;):D
    If yer checkin out the Plessey village (Or whatever it's called) will you let me know what it's like? :D

• Advertisement

If yer checkin out the Plessey village (Or whatever it's called) will you let me know what it's like? :D

I hear UL's Plassey has plasma screen tvs and spinny chairs. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement