Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

• 30-06-2010 6:34pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

This thread is now for general discussion, if you want to post a snapshot of your story follow this link to speciefic thread (likewise for other topics where we have threads provided)

Snapshot of Your Story

Player Recommendations

Tactics[/B]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Shooting to goal ratio, the amounts of shots saved/missed is ridiculous.

Press conferences. Too repetitive. Same question every week.

I'd like a proper online element, not just LAN only things!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Since they also have FM Live, I don't think that online is a huge priority for them in the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭elnino35

proper licences for the german national teams...save messing around with all that fake files set up..also some kind of foreign academy set up for your club.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Female ass managers......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The transfer system needs work

e.g. being able to agree a compensation package for the rest of a players contract once he's signed a pre contract with another club.

pay as you play deals for injury prone players

training & coaching.

the current setup doesnt really reflect what happens IRL so they could do alot there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

- A 'resolution' centre where you can have a face-to-face meeting with a player and try and resolve personal issues/unhappiness, etc. Things like making them promises about their future at the club, your club's ambition, etc.

- Something similar when signing a player, instead of the "key player/squad/backup/etc" being actually able to provide feedback about where you see the club going, and promises about their future.

- Maybe some sort of online achievement board. I know steam has the achievements, but something along the line that you can compare your team with your friends teams, see who has won the most, etc. A bit like the manager details about games, highest transfers paid etc.

- The ability to develop new rivals in the game, in one of my saves I was sacked as manager of Woking in the Championship for pushing for a new stadium (its was only like 6000) and eventually moved to Bristol City and would like to see a rivalry sprout up because of the sacking.

- More detailed training/tactics - like the ability to create set pieces routines.

- I know the money option for the manager is realist enough, but an option to bung it to papers to get better reports or bribe agents (like in real life). Probably wouldn't happen, but might be nice to actually see some benefit to it.

Think thats about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,694 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The most annoying thing for me is the press conference thing.

It is way too repetitive. I know you can send your assistant to do it but it affects your hands on role at the club i think.

I'm not that pushed on it, i'd rather see it dropped than continue as it currently is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

IRL, press conferences are repetitive

Maybe an adaption on the press conferences would be the way to go? Like instead of before and after matches you have a monthly conference that you have to attend and then the weekly ones can be attended by the Ass Manager, but using similar responses to that of your monthly meetings.

Another thing, going on the line of realism, maybe some interaction with agents. When you scout a player the scout gives an indication if the player would be interested in coming to your club. Maybe an interaction with the agent might be an option.
    I think there was a similar feature a few versions ago, but the agent used to send clips on a player to you.

Similar thing with dealing with problem players, in the game when dealing with players you give a warning or a fine. I'd like to see options of making them train with the U18 or reserves for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

When is the release date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

It is way too repetitive. I know you can send your assistant to do it but it affects your hands on role at the club i think.

Just to let you know I don't think that's true. My Hands on approach is 17 and I haven't done 1 press conference (Bar the one you have to attend when you join) and I have been playing for 7 years so I am fairly sure it has nothing to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd love dynamic league reputations. It's always hard take LOI clubs very far in the game because the leagues reputation stays the same regardless of how rich and successful the clubs in the league becomes.

I'd love dynamic league reputations. It's always hard take LOI clubs very far in the game because the leagues reputation stays the same regardless of how rich and successful the clubs in the league becomes.
    That would be stepping away from realism, which is something they are striving towards.

How so? I think it would be better because when you put a lot of time and effort into building a small club into a much stronger and richer club only to hit a wall it makes that investment of time and effort less worthwhile.

A leagues and clubs reputation is dynamic in real life anyway so it would make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Some details doing the rounds on FM websites:

Although not officially announced yet, but we can confirm the following features and release date have been leaked.

- Release Date is Friday, October 29th 2010
    - Improved training options
    - More complex module for searching new players
    - Improved graphics and 3D view of the game
    - Introduction of football agents to the game
    - Playing games in evenings (so called night effect)
    - Differentiated weather conditions

Do we expect another fancy ad?

That would be stepping away from realism, which is something they are striving towards.
    How so? I think it would be better because when you put a lot of time and effort into building a small club into a much stronger and richer club only to hit a wall it makes that investment of time and effort less worthwhile.

A leagues and clubs reputation is dynamic in real life anyway so it would make sense.
    I think most would agree that League of Ireland clubs will never, ever, be a force in Europe.

I say this as a fan of the League of Ireland and my local club.

It just isn't realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

100 per cent agree with this.its always been lacking in the series. example i only recently finished playing ten seasons with bohs(fm 2010) won ten league titles qualified 6 times for groups stages of champions league and 3 times for europa cup groups stages.got out of the cl group once and all 3 times in europa, got the club up to 40th in the european rankings and the league to 13th, club was worth at its peak 34 million with a bank balance of 43 million making it one of the richest clubs in europe
    in all this time the clubs reputation remained at national and no top/decent players wanted to sign, the odds and the previews always put the club as underdogs and i wasnt even considered a major european club even though west ham and that were.

if this is changed in FM 2011 then i think the game will be really enjoyable as this will give ye the gamer satisfaction of taking a mickey mouse club and turning it into a world power:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I dont know why but I love building up the stadiums in football management games! I think it was LMA manager where you could spend 10 seasons or so fully customising each of the stands! Not sure if it will ever happen, but it would complete my FM experience!

Salmon wrote: »
    I dont know why but I love building up the stadiums in football management games! I think it was LMA manager where you could spend 10 seasons or so fully customising each of the stands! Not sure if it will ever happen, but it would complete my FM experience!

I suppose the problem then becomes where does FM stop and where does The Sims come into play? I don't know how much control a standard manager has over tasks like these. The common issues that have been reported are the time wasted with non needed tasks, like repetitive press conferences. Do we really need to be specifying on a regular basis where the seats should go and how many.
    It is after all a football manager game. But hey, I am open to other opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I think most would agree that League of Ireland clubs will never, ever, be a force in Europe.

It just isn't realistic.
    Take the example of Rosenberg making the breakthrough into champions league. There should be a LITTLE bit of flexibility imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

And there is a small chance that a LOI team could make it to the group stages of a European comp and if they did, they would have lots of money to spend and probably win the LOI for years to come and get all the better players and possibly qualify to Europe again.

I don't see it as unrealistic that an Irish team could qualify for Europe. You must forget that there have been Irish teams in the past that have gotten to the quarter finals of the UEFA cup. 20 years ago, but still goes to show it can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Its quite possible to take Irish sides in the Champions League in FM, like the example above. If Irish teams qualified every year for the group stages, then the leagues profile would be raised, potential wages would be higher and it would attract more players. The game engine currently doesnt allow this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Agreed. This is one thing the games is really missing.

One thing that really annoys me is the amount of headers that go over the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wiirdo wrote: »
    Agreed. This is one thing the games is really missing.

One thing that really annoys me is the amount of headers that go over the bar.

That annoys me too. I'm in League 2 with Luton and bought Central Defender Frederic Veseli from Southend United, who I was managing previously, and he is great for the headers. You can guarantee that he'll connect with 99% of corners with his head but the amount that goes across the goal or over the bar is ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wahmeister666

I hate the headers over the bar thing too...my centre back connects with about 90% of his headers with about 85% going over...its annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

The addition of an "agent" system in the transfer systems is long overdue and a major increase in the realism IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Max Power1 wrote: »
    The addition of an "agent" system in the transfer systems is long overdue and a major increase in the realism IMO

I read it and thought that it looked cool.But then what is it really going to add? You still offer for the player from the club and then the agent says he wants 12,000 or whatever, its basically what is already there, I don't really see how much it can add.

It just isn't realistic.

You could argue that a Conference North team could make it to the Premiership in less than 10 seasons isn't realistic either but it can be done in FM.

This is one area of the game that should'nt be ultra-realistic. At the end of the day this is a game and if a player wants the chance of taking a small team and making them into a world-superpower, they should have that option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I read it and thought that it looked cool.But then what is it really going to add? You still offer for the player from the club and then the agent says he wants 12,000 or whatever, its basically what is already there, I don't really see how much it can add.
    I would hope there was more to it than them just changing one of the scripts from "Player X wants 12k per week" to "Player X's Agent advises that his client wants 12k per week" tbh.

Advertisement