Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

• 20-02-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Loads of Rammstein fans here.:)

There was a big thread about a possible Irish date here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055603343&highlight=rammstein

All gone quiet on that front unfortunately.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah, it doesn't look great for them coming here.

They're one of the few bands I love that I haven't seen yet. So I'm fairly disappointed. I have to see them before they retire (I think I remember seeing somewhere that Till said something about wanting to retire at 50, that only gives me two more years!)

They're a great example of a band that have simple songs, but that are so powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I would feckin love to see them live. I don't think they'd come here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Love Rammstein. Really enjoyed last album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I've come to appreciate them over the last few months and love the last album. I'm figuring on a cheap Ryanair flight over to catch them the next time they play a Berlin home gig, whenever that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Love them. Saw them at Rock Wercther last year, was on the rail at the front and my face nearly melted with all the pyro. It was insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I travelled over to see them last year in Birmingham ... they were absolutely amazing.

Big fan...Loved the older stuff though funnily enough I didn't really like mutter (except for zwitter and sonne). LIFAD has really grown on me though. Great album.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Obaraten wrote: »
    Any other Rammstein fans here?
    Anyone who's not a Rammstein fan would do well to get the hell out of this forum until they learn some appreciation for decent music.

Malice wrote: »
    Anyone who's not a Rammstein fan would do well to get the hell out of this forum until they learn some appreciation for decent music.

Lest they be set on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lest they be set on fire
    There may also be power tools or drills involved :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Would love to see them. They are my secret shame. Not sure why but I always get funny looks when people find out I'm listening to them. I'm sure I don't fit into their typical demographic.

They have some great videos. They really put thought into them especially when they link them up.

Malice wrote: »
    There may also be power tools or drills involved :p.

Ah we can only hope to recreate the Sonne video...

though I get dibs on being spanked by snow white first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I don't hold out too much hope of them coming here now, I think last year was the big chance, they said they were in discussions - and if it didn't happen then I don't see what's gonna change......real pity if they don't come here, there's clearly lots of fans here, I know a lot of people outside the metal side of things that are big fans.........I'd very much doubt they'd have trouble selling out a date here..... :(

so what do folks around here reckon is their best album? I'm still in that honeymoon phase where I can listen to anything and enjoy it. LIFAD does have a great overall sound to my ears anyway.

Also, I'm in the very early stages of learning German, has anyone thoughts on English translations of their lyrics? I found a site that has translations of some tracks http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics but I've no way of knowing whether they are in any way accurate.

old gregg wrote: »
    so what do folks around here reckon is their best album? I'm still in that honeymoon phase where I can listen to anything and enjoy it. LIFAD does have a great overall sound to my ears anyway.

Also, I'm in the very early stages of learning German, has anyone thoughts on English translations of their lyrics? I found a site that has translations of some tracks http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics but I've no way of knowing whether they are in any way accurate.

It depends really as even though their albums all sound quite similar they are all very different.

The moved away from the dance sound almost as early as Mutter although Sehnsucht was amazing in that respect. LIFAD is a great album too. There is really a lot to recommend about all their albums to be honest!

I find this site helpful. http://en.affenknecht.com/lyrics/ I only have a bit of german:o I need to learn more.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

I adore rammstein.I too love all of their albums.I particularly like reise reise.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Went to see them in the MEN last year meself, a-feckin-mazing, theyre rounding off the tour now with more dates announced in the US after their sellout Madison Square Garden gig.

Flake said earlier in the year that they were going to be coming back to Europe at the end of the tour but it seems unlikely now, also Ollie said in an interview at the end of last year that theyre releasing a greaest hits album as well as dvd of the MSG gig and stuck a date of April this year for release, though ive heard no more since.

Me own favorite album changes weekly if im honest, tis Herzeleid getting all the play at the minute though I love everything bar the muck that is Rosenrot

Rosenrot muck? Seriously? As I'd said before I'm still in the 'honeymoon period' but there's stuff I've enjoyed on this album. Feuer und Wasser is pretty epic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Rosenrot muck? Seriously? As I'd said before I'm still in the 'honeymoon period' but there's stuff I've enjoyed on this album. Feuer und Wasser is pretty epic imo.

I really cant listen to it, 3 quality singles and a load of filler imo, it just aint comparable to the rest of their output. I know a few people who like it cause tis a bit different than their norm but it just aint for me at all.

• Advertisement

I see. Early days for me yet and maybe I'll eventually arrive at the same place.

Me own favorite album changes weekly if im honest, tis Herzeleid getting all the play at the minute though I love everything bar the muck that is Rosenrot

I used to not like Rosenrot but its grown on me. Its one of my favourites now. Its the same with Mutter. Theres some real good songs on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭weisses

Scarydoll wrote: »
    I used to not like Rosenrot but its grown on me. Its one of my favourites now. Its the same with Mutter. Theres some real good songs on there.

I think Mutter is their best album ...every single song is class :cool:

weisses wrote: »
    I think Mutter is their best album ...every single song is class :cool:

I like all their albums but Sehnsucht is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

German speaker here, Yup they are pretty accurate from what iv read.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 damnnargles

You know I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that Rammstein don't come to Ireland is because of a restriction imposed on their pyrotechnics and live show. I doubt the 02 would allow it and the Olympia is too small and the RDS is now a rug by ground. There's always Croke Park? We let the English sing their anthem there, surely we should allow Rammstein to play there ha ha. Remember the whole Irish debacle with Slipknot back in the day? I remember going to a Deicide concert in the early 2000's and being confronted by overbearing holy freaks outside with their pickets, it was like a scene from Little Nicky. Sure look how long it took us to get Rush and the like to come to Ireland and I hear Skunk Anansie haven't announced a date for Ireland yet even though they seem to be going to every other part of Europe. It's ridiculous because Rammstein are one of my favourite bands both musically and intellectually, I fell in love with Rammstein after watching a documentary where they all seemed so down to earth and frank . Flake and Till are uber cool albeit a little more eccentric than most :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I really cant listen to it, 3 quality singles and a load of filler imo, it just aint comparable to the rest of their output. I know a few people who like it cause tis a bit different than their norm but it just aint for me at all.

I can't get in to Rosenrot either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I used to hate rosenrot. Its not your typical ramstein album, much more riff orientated. Love it now though, one day it all just clicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

on a side note two members of US Air Force were murdered today when a kosovan opened fire on a military bus. near Ramstein \m/

Ramstein is of course the large US military base in germany which is pivotal to Iraq / Afghanistan operations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I loved Senhsucht, what a mix of dance and metal!

On the lyrics front, you will certainly expand your dictionary by translating the songs, I always credit them for getting me through LC Higher Level German :D

Advertisement