Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K12

Comments

• Ill probably pick it up now that the lockout is over and trades etc can happen.

Has the rosters of teams been updated yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ill probably pick it up now that the lockout is over and trades etc can happen.

Has the rosters of teams been updated yet?
    yeah happened last week AFAIK, everyone just picks the Clippers online now :( bit annoying because they were one of my favourite teams to use last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone know of anywhere I could get this cheap?

Last year I got NBA 2K11 for €18.99 on Play.com and Ive been checking regularly on there waiting for it to drop in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Thinks I saw it for €25 in Gamestop today (used).

brianon wrote: »

Sound i'll give them a call tomorrow, well worth it for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 rossyd2005

i want this game on ps3 but cant find it in any of the usual places....:mad: anyone know where id get it in dublin or kildare ? or anyone on this want to sell it?:D...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SeanW89

Play this game the whole time with my housemate, nearly everygame is a close one, had a lot of buzzer beaters and OT winners. Think the career mode is very good, FIFA could learn a thing or two from it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

brianon wrote: »

what one???? :eek:

got this today in gaystop 35 new or 45 preownd :/

Feck sake.

I've been immersed in the NBA Playoffs, and have been watching Chris Smoove's My Player series on youtube, I am absolutely dying to get NBA 2K12, but because I got 2K11 from €18.99 for Play.com last April, I am being very stubborn about not paying over €25 including delivery for it!

I've been checking Play.com weekly for the last few months, it's still €54.99 there! It's €35 in Gamestop and I can get it delivered from Singapore on eBay for €27... Does anybody know anywhere I can get it even a bit cheaper? Or want to sell me their copy?

Ugh, really want to get stuck into a My Player career. I know if I crack and buy it i'll see it cheaper somewhere within a week. Being very stingy about it.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Feck sake.

I've been immersed in the NBA Playoffs, and have been watching Chris Smoove's My Player series on youtube, I am absolutely dying to get NBA 2K12, but because I got 2K11 from €18.99 for Play.com last April, I am being very stubborn about not paying over €25 including delivery for it!

I've been checking Play.com weekly for the last few months, it's still €54.99 there! It's €35 in Gamestop and I can get it delivered from Singapore on eBay for €27... Does anybody know anywhere I can get it even a bit cheaper? Or want to sell me their copy?

Ugh, really want to get stuck into a My Player career. I know if I crack and buy it i'll see it cheaper somewhere within a week. Being very stingy about it.

just bite the bullet these never go down in price and eventually stock gets sent back and they just become ridiculous to find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Feck sake.

its on zavvi for €25 plus delivery €2
    Link

NTMK wrote: »
    its on zavvi for €25 plus delivery €2
    Link

Sound. That's the best I'm gonna get, and it's not from Singapore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

caspa307 wrote: »
    just bite the bullet these never go down in price and eventually stock gets sent back and they just become ridiculous to find
    But...
    it's a sports game...

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But...
    it's a sports game...

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

not trolling nor stupid

http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20360/Games/5781/nba-2k11

^came out in august 2010 still 30€ new

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hey lads, thinking about picking this up myself (even after creating the thread ages ago I never got round to buying the game, instead waiting until it became cheaper).

Would any of you be interested in an online association mode? Basically it's just a franchise mode but we can do it as a fantasy franchise. So people pick a team and then we can set a date for the draft and get to play some human v human games with people from the Boards community. Feel free to ask friends etc if they want to join in too. There's a Madden online franchise we play in and it's excellent.

If we could get a few interested then I think it would be a good idea. In saying that, I have no idea how the league works regarding advancements etc due to games being played every day in the NBA as opposed to just having to advance once a week in Madden. I've read that there's a bit of confusion over how the league advances days but we could look into it I guess. Anyone interested? I'm on Xbox 360 by the way.

A video of the draft in action (this is 2 hours long as they have a full franchise of 30 human players but I'd imagine we'd struggle to get anywhere near that so it would be much, much shorter):

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Paully D wrote: »
    Hey lads, thinking about picking this up myself (even after creating the thread ages ago I never got round to buying the game, instead waiting until it became cheaper).

Would any of you be interested in an online association mode? Basically it's just a franchise mode but we can do it as a fantasy franchise. So people pick a team and then we can set a date for the draft and get to play some human v human games with people from the Boards community. Feel free to ask friends etc if they want to join in too. There's a Madden online franchise we play in and it's excellent.

If we could get a few interested then I think it would be a good idea. In saying that, I have no idea how the league works regarding advancements etc due to games being played every day in the NBA as opposed to just having to advance once a week in Madden. I've read that there's a bit of confusion over how the league advances days but we could look into it I guess. Anyone interested? I'm on Xbox 360 by the way.

A video of the draft in action (this is 2 hours long as they have a full franchise of 30 human players but I'd imagine we'd struggle to get anywhere near that so it would be much, much shorter):

Yes that would something that would interest me definitely. Count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Id be up for that too

I've just ordered the game.

So far we have:

Paully D
    Buyer 95
    NTMK

Anyone else fancy joining the online association then throw your name down here :) I've created a thread in the NBA forum too to see if there's any more interest.

Throw me in aswell! I ordered off The Hut last week and I'm expecting it in the post tomorrow.

What's the minimum number of players we can have in the draft? Or does it have to fill 30 teams with CPU? Because if we got say 8 of us in a league with ridiculous all-star teams it would be pretty good craic! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Browning2010

IVe been meaning to get this game aswell, I'll join if I pick it up.

Weres the cheapest place to get at the moment?

IVe been meaning to get this game aswell, I'll join if I pick it up.

Weres the cheapest place to get at the moment?

Online: Zavvi @ €26 inc delivery. http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/nba-2k12/10523528.html

In shops: Gamestop @ €35

Throw me in aswell! I ordered off The Hut last week and I'm expecting it in the post tomorrow.

What's the minimum number of players we can have in the draft? Or does it have to fill 30 teams with CPU? Because if we got say 8 of us in a league with ridiculous all-star teams it would be pretty good craic! :pac:

Nice one Mikey.

Yeah it will fill the rest up with CPU teams, that's good in a way too though because we'll always have games to play even if there's only around 8 human players.

When I get the game I'll have a more detailed look at the settings etc but I'll implement some of the rules we have from the successful Madden franchise such as no trading with CPU teams etc (it keeps things fair as the CPU generally always accepts trades even if they are not fair).

A good way would be to pick the teams we will be through a random draw. Makes it a bit more exciting but anyway once I get the game and have had a better look at things I'll make a longer, more detailed post here with proposed rules etc and everyone can have a say on when they're available for the draft and league rules such as quarter lengths etc.

Looking forward to it now, should be good and hopefully it will pick up as we get going and we'll have more and more players come NBA 2K13.

Yeah the Madden league is very well run, full of sound lads aswell. I had to pull out early on as my Madden disc broke but I really enjoyed the games I had in there.

The CPU games will most likely be the ones I lose! :pac: Always found it so complicated to play as the whole team, plus with the sheer awesomeness of My Player I spent very few hours on the 5v5 modes in 2K11.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You can set up leagues in increments of 4 as far as I know, I'd probably be up for it, played in a good few in 2k8 I think it was where it was a lot easier to find active leagues than it is now. Doing a fantasy draft makes it all the more fair and fun imo so if a league ends up happening that's what we should do imo.

Don't know how much time I can give to it, would be available most weekdays but work weekends and have Poland coming up...

Liam O wrote: »
    You can set up leagues in increments of 4 as far as I know, I'd probably be up for it, played in a good few in 2k8 I think it was where it was a lot easier to find active leagues than it is now. Doing a fantasy draft makes it all the more fair and fun imo so if a league ends up happening that's what we should do imo.

Don't know how much time I can give to it, would be available most weekdays but work weekends and have Poland coming up...

You might as well join up anyway mate. If you're not available then your game will just get simulated. Chances are you'll get to play a good few and I'd imagine there's a few players who won't be around at weekends either. From what I understand you can play 3 games in advance anyway so if you were around during the week you could get your 3 games played then and not worry about playing at the weekend.

It's going to be a bit of fun and won't be taken too seriously. Given that I'm not aware of anyone on here who is experienced at the online association in NBA2K12 we're all in the same boat and it will involve a lot of trial and error at the beginning.

It will definitely be a fantasy draft, with the decision on who is what team more than likely done through a random selection unless everyone has different favourite teams, which would be increasingly unlikely with the more players we get.

Paully D wrote: »
    I've just ordered the game.

So far we have:

Paully D
    Buyer 95
    NTMK

Anyone else fancy joining the online association then throw your name down here :) I've created a thread in the NBA forum too to see if there's any more interest.

add me in

Brilliant, so far we have:

Paully D
    Buyer 95
    NTMK
    Mikeyt086
    Liam O
    Caspa307

I've sent a few PM's to others that have posted in this thread, but forgot that they might be on PS3 rather than Xbox 360.

Feel free to ask friends that aren't posting on here if they want to join up too and they can get signed up.

My copy of the game will hopefully be here on Wednesday and we can get the ball rolling on the finer details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I am all over this!!!!!!
    Count me in

• Advertisement

Joining so far:

Paully D
    Buyer 95
    NTMK
    Mikeyt086
    Liam O
    Caspa307
    Felexicon

Lads, can everyone above fill in the following please so I can see what way you'd prefer the franchise to be (same for anyone else who wants to join, please feel free to put your name down and fill in the below):

Xbox Gamertag:

Team You Would Prefer To Play As: Won't make a difference in terms of players, but some people may have preferred teams, jerseys, courts etc. If 2 people have the same team here don't worry, if that's the case we'll select the teams randomly to keep it fair.

Season Length Preference: 14/29/58/82 games

Difficulty of CPU games: Rookie/Pro/All-Star/Superstar/Hall of Fame

League Pace: Slow/Normal/Fast - This is how quickly the days advance during the season. It's an area of confusion for even experienced NBA 2K12 commissioners, bare in mind there's no option for the commissioner to skip forward or advance days even if everyone has played there game. From my reading and understanding slow would mean each day in the association goes essentially in “real-time” while the others speed through faster. The quickest then running through four days of the season each 24 hours. If the “game” for each “day” isn’t played then it is automatically simmed.

Injuries: On/off

Playoff Length: Best of - 3/5/7 games

Quarter Length: 5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12 minutes

Simmed Quarter Length: As above

Times You Are Available For Fantasy Draft:

Some Rules:

It will definitely be a fantasy draft, with the draft done in the serpentine format to keep it fair. This means that the last pick in round 1 will be 1st pick in round 2, and so on, rather than 1st pick having the first pick in every round and the last pick being the last in every round. Picks are automatically determined by the CPU and no-one knows who will be what pick until the draft begins.

There will be no CPU trades as I've seen the annoyance it causes in other leagues. Trading among fellow human teams is fine but there will be a trade deadline set which is set by the online association itself in line with the real NBA trade deadline.

If you are due to play another human player, it would be preferable if you post availability here on this thread. It's fairer than someone saying they've tried to contact via Xbox Live and haven't got a response. Feel free to contact through as many channels as you want (XBL, PM's etc) as long as you post here too. If 2 players can't find a suitable time to play their game then the game will be simmed by the CPU. Please remember the difficulties that people seem to be experiencing with advancements in online association. As it's the summer people will inevitably be off on holidays at stages too and won't be around to play games. There's an option to play a block of games at one time. In a lengthy season it would be difficult to expect a number of head-to-head games to be completed in order so this gives an opportunity to fit them in within a period of time so this is very helpful.

We are striving to be a sim league, that is to try to play as teams do in the NBA. If you wouldn't see it in the NBA, you probably shouldn’t be seeing it in these league games.

Disconnections etc do happen from time to time but you can only restart a game against the CPU once. If a person is persistently restarting games, banning from the league is possible. This is to avoid people constantly quitting out of games they are losing in order to try and win again.

Treat others how you wish to be treated. Don't run up the score to pad your stats. If people do this then players aren't going to stick around too long and the league as a whole will be worse off.

Above all it's the first time this is being done (that I'm aware of) so there will be a lot of trial and error, especially when experience 2K players are having trouble understanding some of things such as how days are advanced etc so that should be taken into account by all members.

Check in on the Madden forum to see how things are run there. It's a setup that would be great to recreate for NBA2K12 here (except the days advancements are different obviously due to games being played day-to-day in the NBA).

Once everyone has filled in the above we'll be able to see exactly what everyone wants from the franchise and I'll be able to set it up as preferred and send out details on how to join the league. People who are not on the list above and want to play then feel free to post your preferences to the above questions too.

Thanks lads! :)

Advertisement