Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Graphics Card For Under €100?

• 14-01-2012 3:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Hi, as the title says, i'm looking for a new graphics card to replace my Sapphire 4670 1gb card.

What's a good cheap upgrade for this card? we're not that into gaming on the PC other than Sim City and games like that, i'm aware i'm not going to get a powerhouse for that price, we don't need one anyway.

I want to buy a new one also, no second hand ones... i like warranties! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

this card should more than meet all your needs and its a reasonable price too.

Slightly over budget but it does include free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭Serephucus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Good stuff, I was thinking of a 6770 as a possibility too.

What about this one on Amazon?

here

It works out at €82 ish

That's a nice one, probably a bit quieter too. I don't know where you're getting €82 though. I stuck it in a basket, and it's €93 with free delivery.

Serephucus wrote: »
    That's a nice one, probably a bit quieter too. I don't know where you're getting €82 though. I stuck it in a basket, and it's €93 with free delivery.

It was a Brain fart!

Are Asus good for graphics cards?

Also, on an unrelated note, do you know any cheap sound cards that have spdif/optical out? i'm thinking of hooking the pc up to my projector and 5.1 system but i'd need optical for getting DTS/DD sound

• Advertisement

Yup, they are. :)

This do the job?

Yup, they are. :)

This do the job?

Perfect!

Are Dabs really free delivery? it says delivery is €7.53

It's if you spend over €90. If you got the graphics card from there as well you'd get it.

It's if you spend over €90. If you got the graphics card from there as well you'd get it.

Nice one!

I ordered the XFX one anyway as the other was out of stock and i'm not very patient! got the sound card too, cheers

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I ordered the XFX one anyway as the other was out of stock and i'm not very patient! got the sound card too, cheers

:)

If you ordered the XFX card don't forget you get 2 free games as well -

This paragraph is from the product description on Dabs -
    Dunc's Deal Alert

For a limited time anyone who buys one of these XFX ATI Radeon 6770 HD 850MHz Graphics Cards will be able to claim a FREE download voucher for Dirt 3 and Deus Ex Human Revolution on PC. Simply order the item and then email duncsdeals@dabs.com with your Sales Order Number to claim, a code will be emailed back within 48 hours.

Cheers for that Ninja!

I have a MSI 770-C45 mainboard, which is pretty old, the graphics card is PCI-E 2.1, but the mobo says PCI-E 2.0.... will it still work? i presume it will, just want to be sure...

Yup, it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Cheers for that Ninja!

I have a MSI 770-C45 mainboard, which is pretty old, the graphics card is PCI-E 2.1, but the mobo says PCI-E 2.0.... will it still work? i presume it will, just want to be sure...

I have the same board , and it's fine with either of my two cards, 5670 and 5770 .

I got the card, just realised my PSU doesn't have a 6pin PCI connector though, would a 4 pin molex to 6 pin PCI adapter do the job or would i be better off getting a new PSU?

I'd be leaning towards getting a new PSU personally, what's a good one to get for my system and what wattage do i need?

I have:
    MSI 770-c45 mobo
    2x2gb ram (DDR3 OCZ Platinum 12600)
    Athlon XII 445
    Ati 6770
    dvd drive and 2 sata hard drives

Cheers!

Jesus.... you're crazy fast with the replies! :D

Would that stand up to upgrades in the future?

There's a guy selling one on Adverts i was looking at, very similar to that but higher powered

Here

Would that be too much juice?

Cheers.

I get instant Gmail notifications of replies. :)

There are better PSUs out there than the CX line, though not for €60. If you can get him to ship it to you (from Galway, no less) for that price, I'd go for it.

Actually, forget that. Komplett has it for €65 delivered.

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/29_PSU/productdetails/20085754/Corsair_Builder_CX600_V2_600_Watt/CMPSU_600CXV2EU/default.aspx

I get instant Gmail notifications of replies. :)

There are better PSUs out there than the CX line, though not for €60. If you can get him to ship it to you (from Galway, no less) for that price, I'd go for it.

Actually, forget that. Komplett has it for €65 delivered.

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/29_PSU/productdetails/20085754/Corsair_Builder_CX600_V2_600_Watt/CMPSU_600CXV2EU/default.aspx

Cheers Serephucus.

I think the asking price is down to €50ish now, i might be able to get it down a wee bit more!

Komplett are usually well slow for deliveries (for me anyway) i want to try and sort something out asap.

If you call them and check if they have any local stock, they'll be very quick, otherwise they get stuff sent from the Netherlands, which can take a couple of days on top of An Post.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/corsair-500-watt-cx500-v2-builder-series-80-plus-power-supply-7K9H.html?refs=50113&src=3

That might be another option. By the time you come around to upgrading again, it'll be the 7000 series at least, and they're looking to be very power efficient, so you could get away with running a 7950 on it, I'd guess.

• Advertisement

I have a problem with the new card. The fan is only spinning for a second or two then stopping. It's doing this on/off thing constantly. I thought it was my power supply not giving it enough power at first do i ordered a new 650w one... still the same problem!

I tried resetting the Cmos jumpers (when i move the jumper and power it on, the fan stays going constantly)

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Advertisement