Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What pub to watch the <any sport> match in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Malice wrote: »
    What's with the rolling eyes? I didn't mention what the pub has or hasn't started doing and neither did I mention lunch times.
    If you took care to read what you were replying to you would understand the rolling eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If you took care to read what you were replying to you would understand the rolling eyes.
    Interesting logic you have there. A poster recommends the Kings Head, I disagree with them and you respond with a question about lunchtime music which wasn't mentioned in my post or the one I was responding to. When queried on this your response is that I should take care to read what I respond to.

Interesting logic you have there. A poster recommends the Kings Head, I disagree with them and you respond with a question about lunchtime music which wasn't mentioned in my post or the one I was responding to. When queried on this your response is that I should take care to read what I respond to.
    Straightforward logic really, you responded to the poster who asked for somewhere to watch the LUNCHTIME match with a rant stating they should watch out for bands starting up, now its clear to more than me so far that bands dont start at lunchtime so therefore you will now understand the sarcastic rolling of the eyes. Again its pretty straightforward.

Back on topic for the OP, id agree on Fagans too.

Straightforward logic really, you responded to the poster who asked for somewhere to watch the LUNCHTIME match
    Putting things in bold and capitals isn't going to escape the fact that I responded to this post which, as I've already pointed out didn't contain a reference to lunch time. Should I put what I'm writing in bold to aid your understanding or is my repeating myself enough?
    with a rant
    If you seriously think my post a rant you'd better stay out of this forum :).
    stating they should watch out for bands starting up, now its clear to more than me so far that bands dont start at lunchtime
    I haven't been into the Kings Head in a few years but I definitely had the dubious pleasure of trying to see the big screen through people setting up or taking down gear in the past at lunch time on weekends. If the management have come to their senses with that aspect then good for them. If I'm allowed mention it (as ben.schlomo appears fixated on lunch time) the band setup thing might also be a factor during Champions League nights.

Putting things in bold and capitals isn't going to escape the fact that I responded to this post which, as I've already pointed out didn't contain a reference to lunch time. Should I put what I'm writing in bold to aid your understanding or is my repeating myself enough?

If you seriously think my post a rant you'd better stay out of this forum :).

I haven't been into the Kings Head in a few years but I definitely had the dubious pleasure of trying to see the big screen through people setting up or taking down gear in the past at lunch time on weekends. If the management have come to their senses with that aspect then good for them. If I'm allowed mention it (as ben.schlomo appears fixated on lunch time) the band setup thing might also be a factor during Champions League nights.
    You really dont understand my first post at all do you? When i said 'they have started doing music at lunchtime now have they', that was sarcasm. Again the original question was about a lunchtime football match, and to the best of my knowledge ive never seen a band at any time bar night, hence why i rolled my eyes at your post which said 'mind the bands setting up etc'. Thats it nothing more and nothing less.

• Advertisement

You really dont understand my first post at all do you? When i said 'they have started doing music at lunchtime now have they', that was sarcasm. Again the original question was about a lunchtime football match, and to the best of my knowledge ive never seen a band at any time bar night, hence why i rolled my eyes at your post which said 'mind the bands setting up etc'. Thats it nothing more and nothing less.
    Are you actually reading what I post in this thread at all? You persist with the "you don't understand" line when you yourself have repeatedly decided my post referred to something which I made no mention of. Looks to me like you tried a smart, point-scoring post which fell flat.

Are you actually reading what I post in this thread at all? You persist with the "you don't understand" line when you yourself have repeatedly decided my post referred to something which I made no mention of. Looks to me like you tried a smart, point-scoring post which fell flat.
    Yeah i missed those points alright, damn. Clearly no point debating the issue with you as you are intent on deflecting from the truth. Im over it anywho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Back on topic, soccer pubs.
    Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Dewdrop Inn or Monroe's are usually a good bet. I'd say Monroe's for the atmosphere, Dewdrop Inn when you want to feel like you're in your living room. Oh, and the Dewdrop has HDTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alimegs

malice - the problem here seems to stem with the original post being merged with this larger thread. The poster asked where the best place to be to watch the liverpool arsenal game on lunchtime on saturday. I said kings head, you said no not kings head, bands setting up etc etc. Clearly bands setting up wouldnt be a problem for a game kicking off at this time. PErhaps this is where the confusion lies, I can see where ben schlomo is coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

alimegs wrote: »
    malice - the problem here seems to stem with the original post being merged with this larger thread. The poster asked where the best place to be to watch the liverpool arsenal game on lunchtime on saturday. I said kings head, you said no not kings head, bands setting up etc etc. Clearly bands setting up wouldnt be a problem for a game kicking off at this time. PErhaps this is where the confusion lies, I can see where ben schlomo is coming from.

alimegs, I have to say I agree with Malice's original post (in response to yours). I used to watch matches in the Kings head, so I know exactly the point being made. Malice was pointing out that his experience with the Kings head has turned him off.

Having had:
    the commentary turned off for extra time in a CL semi final
    put up with the generally ignorant attitude of the staff (especially annoying when asking them if they're putting on a match that they have advertised asked 5 minutes before kick off)
    not being able to hear the commentary for the sake of the lunch crowd
    not being able to get a drink or a seat because of the lunch crowd

I stopped darkening their doorway several years ago.

That's not mentioning the fact that they closed the pub for renovations at the time of the 2005 CL final (after the crowd they had in there for the semi they could've sold tickets).

alimegs wrote: »
    There's no confusion (at least not on my part). I wouldn't recommend the Kings Head to watch matches in at any time of day, simple as that :).

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Nugget89

What pub would show the Shamrock Rovers game tonight?? It's on Setanta Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Best place to watch the Ireland game tonight with about 10+ people? Preferably with food. Want to avoid King's Head and The Skeff, but probably not going to happen.

Jim wrote: »
    Best place to watch the Ireland game tonight with about 10+ people? Preferably with food. Want to avoid King's Head and The Skeff, but probably not going to happen.
    Kellys & Buskers do food I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Foxs

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

I always go to ti coili when there is a match on

Kellys, Buskers and Spanish Arch maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

The Dail bar used to be a good spot for matches but they've changed the layout there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I'm in Birmingham for the night, any recommendations of where to watch the Ireland game tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Joe10000 wrote: »
    I'm in Birmingham for the night, any recommendations of where to watch the Ireland game tonight ?

Just realised it just kicked off, will find the nearest pub.

Joe10000 wrote: »

Considering this is a Galway thread, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Hi,
    does anyone know of any bar in town that shows the premier league games via European satellite channels (Tring Sports etc.)?

I've tried Fagan's but it seems they just have Sky / Setanta / ESPN etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Caoimhin Ho

Hey,

In your esteemed opinion whats the best place to watch the game this evening?

Anywhere with a decent crowd, lots of seats, and maybe a cheap pint or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

At home, cheap beer, loads of seats and if you feel tired watching Traps boarding style of play you can go to bed.:D

If I was going out I'd go to the Dew Drop.

Come on Ireland!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭daithi55

hi im looking to watch the spurs vs blackburn match a 3 oclock in galway today
    is there any sports bar etc in town that might be showing it
    its not on sky etc so they will nedd one of these providers
    http://liveonsat.com/LJ_foot_b_epl_only.php

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

there's a slavic bar in Salthill that may possibly show it, well, they might have access to the required channels, can't remember what the bar's called but it's near Gourmet Tart Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

It is called Krcma

daithi55 wrote: »
    hi im looking to watch the spurs vs blackburn match a 3 oclock in galway today
    is there any sports bar etc in town that might be showing it
    its not on sky etc so they will nedd one of these providers
    http://liveonsat.com/LJ_foot_b_epl_only.php
    Very doubtful given that the Manchester derby will still be on at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭daithi55

never thought of there cheers lads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement