Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Analog Digital Problem!

• 11-03-2012 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,
    Having a small problem that I hope can be easily resolved.

During the week I got a media player, which only has a HDMI output - Problem is, my telly only caters for analog [via scart]

Solution, (so I thought) was to buy a saorview box - which converts analog to digital. I bought the ALBA B660 from Argos.
    This works perfectly for saorview, but I can't get it to pick up the media player. I've spent the whole of yesterday trying without any luck. All it tries to do is scan for channels.

It appears the saorview box is just for saorview and not various medias to be converted. So does anyone know of the product that will help me use my media player??

Thanks in advance!!
    CLARiiON

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

CLARiiON wrote: »
    So does anyone know of the product that will help me use my media player??

Thanks in advance!!
    CLARiiON

HDMI to scart converter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭CLARiiON

The Cush wrote: »
    HDMI to scart converter?

I was told they didn't exist by local electrical shop. More fool me not to have googled it.
    Cheers The Cush for your quick reply.

Any recommendations on a converter? Seen a few on ebay, priced around the 45 mark - amazon 60. None (as mentioned above) stored locally.

Any recommendations on a converter? Seen a few on ebay, priced around the 45 mark - amazon 60. None (as mentioned above) stored locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

Had a similar problem, myself recently anyway these converters can be purchased in MAPLINS Blanchardstown (shopping centre) there 50euro this was only 2 weeks ago so they will have them. Talking to sales advisor there didnt purchase one myself as I needed it for a combi digital box to a hd telly and he was saying the picture and sound quality wouldnt be near as good as it would normally be, might suit your problem though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement