Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mrm wrote: »
    "Sorry dear, remember, no pause facility with this game".

That actually works? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nice hands on feature over on EG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I've a funny feeling i'll be getting this on both consoles, Ps3 for basic play but if enough of my 360 mates get it, i'd get on the 360 for the mltiplayer as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You don't need a pause button, you just disconnect the controller and the system pauses automatically!
    And a tougher Demons' Souls???
    Do they hate me that much???
    Will it come out here within a reasonable timeframe or will I be importing it from HK, like I did the original?
    The review on Zero Punctuation is pretty funny for the original too...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1321-Demons-Souls

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Disco Damo

I cant wait for this game. I just finished Demon's Souls over the weekend for the first time, what an amazing game.

From what I hear, this isn't a sequel, in the normal sense of the word. Its a totally new IP, but it is the same type of game, so I can only imagine what they have in store for us this time.

With Bandai on board from the start I would assume (Hope, Pray) that we wont have to wait a massive amount of time for it to be released here. Whispers are saying a release late this year. If this is true, I know what I am getting myself for Christmas. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

From a post by "rickyjb" on the Demon's Souls thread.
    A preview and box art.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71695227&postcount=1663

• Registered Users Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm a bit meh about this tbh.

Got past the mid-point in the original but never felt compelled to go any further. Not sure the level desigh ever got any better then the mastery of 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Purely because it looks nicer I'd probably go for the PS3 version. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

penev10 wrote: »

Zavvi have it as well
    for 42.95, October 7th release date though? I don't think there's been an official release date announced anyway so the price is the only thing that matters at this stage. 43 euros for a special edition seems cheap enough, I'm tempted to just get it. Do they take the money straight away does anyone know?

• Advertisement

rickyjb wrote: »

Zavvi have it as well
    for 42.95, October 7th release date though? I don't think there's been an official release date announced anyway so the price is the only thing that matters at this stage. 43 euros for a special edition seems cheap enough, I'm tempted to just get it. Do they take the money straight away does anyone know?

We won't charge you until we despatch this item

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dark-souls-special-edition/10451825.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Zavvi have it as well
    for 42.95, October 7th release date though?
    7th sounds more realistic as at leats it's a Friday, the 1st is a Saturday!

F1ngers wrote: »

D'oh! That's the second time this week F1ngers:pac:

Just found the official site here, http://www.preparetodie.com/.

Just about to have a look around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Heh a very appropriate site name.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thread renamed (since we're well past the announcement stage).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Forgive me for my ignorance but is Demon Souls the game with the same maker as resident evil and same composer as silent hill? I was just in extra vision yday looking at some games and might of picked up this one to have a gander at the back of the case, was something like "Joe Bloggs has killed too many demons now they are out for revenge etc etc". Is that the one?!?! haha :D

Love the website name, good to see their setting their stall out early:D They could've made it a bit easier to read though, writings very dark...

They're really pushing the traps aspect, wasn't so much of that in the last one, also differences in elevation so alot of climbing (and falling!) etc. should be good. Seems like the whole thing will be on a much bigger scale than the last one.

They really are sticking to what they know when it comes to characters/storyline though, it's pretty much the exact same.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Forgive me for my ignorance but is Demon Souls the game with the same maker as resident evil and same composer as silent hill? I was just in extra vision yday looking at some games and might of picked up this one to have a gander at the back of the case, was something like "Joe Bloggs has killed too many demons now they are out for revenge etc etc". Is that the one?!?! haha :D

I'm not 100% but I don't think so, it's from a relatively small developer called From Software who I don't think had anything to do with Res Evil.

Ah, you're thinking of Capcom and Devil May Cry is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I'm not 100% but I don't think so, it's from a relatively small developer called From Software who I don't think had anything to do with Res Evil.

Ah, you're thinking of Capcom and Devil May Cry is it?

Nah Im pretty familiar with DMC, Im just usually aware of big titles and alot of people are going on about this demon souls but I dont think Iv seen it (apart from what I maybe seen in xtra vision last night)

Demon's Souls is definitely worth getting...just be ready for anger and frustration.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Nah Im pretty familiar with DMC, Im just usually aware of big titles and alot of people are going on about this demon souls but I dont think Iv seen it (apart from what I maybe seen in xtra vision last night)

Anger and frustration but also achievement when you finally start killing some bosses. It's usually going pretty cheap on Zavvi, around the 15 quid mark delivered if you're interested. It's heavy enough on the RPG element though so if you're new to that type of game it could be a struggle to begin with.

How to be a dick...Dark Souls style :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Im scared :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry Catherine, but come Dark Souls release date I doubt you'll be my game of the year contender :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

No idea why but this trailer really did it for me. The music fits for some reason. I was gonna pick up Dark Souls on release but this trailer just made me...GET HYPE!

• Advertisement

Doesn't show an awful lot, but it's part 1 of ?

Advertisement