Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Second hand car parts/Scrap yard in Athlone?

• 02-07-2007 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Could anyone inform whether there is second hand car parts company or car scrapyard in or around Athlone?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Can't think of one around Athlone off-hand, just a few motor factors next to Golden Island. If you fancy going a few miles there's a breakers yard right beside the railway station in Mullingar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 skp

Thanks! Will I be able to get second hand car part from breakers yard in Mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

also brackens in ballycumber is another scrap yard/breakers yard, liable to find anything there i would say looking at the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

skp,

The Mullingar yard will sell you anything they have. Call them on 044 9343755 to see if they've got what you want.

offaly1,

Is the place in Ballycumber not a truck breakers. I can only ever remember seeing big stuff in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah Brackens has a bit of everything in it. My brother got a steering wheel for his 5 series there.

Its just a huge pile of scrap. Its where my dads old car ended up too.

• Advertisement

ah sure i know there is big stuff there as well as small stuff, but sure one mans trash is another mans treasure!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donasus

Im from Tullamore,
    living in kilcormac,
    nearly ended up living in Clara,
    I would rather be in Tullamore but couldnt afford a house there!:(
    Might move to Tipp as the houses are cheaper there

donasus wrote: »
    Im from Tullamore,
    living in kilcormac,
    nearly ended up living in Clara,
    I would rather be in Tullamore but couldnt afford a house there!:(
    Might move to Tipp as the houses are cheaper there

From tullamore myself...... still living there too, although i know the feeling bout not been able to afford a house, although where there is a will there is a way!!!!

Tipp....thats a bit away from home turf ain't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bliff

there is two in ballycumber one is a truck yard about 100 yards down is a car yard there is one in tullamore condrons in white hall there is two in portloise in the heat dont know the names tho and one out by edenderry bracken are gran if ya haggel them ya might get the price but ya might have to take the part off yourself condrons ya wont get the price down but the parts are good the other yards i have used as well the parts i got all worked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Joe Devery Car Dismantlers are just outside Athlone on the Ballykeeran road,....... on the right after Colm Quinn's BMW dealers as you are leaving town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

bliff wrote: »
    there is two in ballycumber one is a truck yard about 100 yards down is a car yard there is one in tullamore condrons in white hall there is two in portloise in the heat dont know the names tho and one out by edenderry bracken are gran if ya haggel them ya might get the price but ya might have to take the part off yourself condrons ya wont get the price down but the parts are good the other yards i have used as well the parts i got all worked

Chicken Byrne in the Heath is useless. I once rang him, told him what I was looking for, he went off for a bit, came back and said he had it. I asked are you sure (because he had wasted my time before). he said 'sure I have it in my hand' etc, 'Aren't I looking at it' etc. 35 miles later, he did not have it and could not recall saying he had it in his hand. I was tempted to burst him. But didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tommyhayes1979

skp wrote: »
    Hi,

Could anyone inform whether there is second hand car parts company or car scrapyard in or around Athlone?

Thanks a lot!

Stay away from North west car Dismantlers, will send you a dodgy part and won't refund your money.

Advertisement