Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Corrosion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They did say a long time ago not to expect heavy stuff/material on the album. They started writing songs for this project, which made him say it. Then he started writing for GFD and Opeth were doing Heritage, so its really just the logical path of where their writing was going at the time.

Will be interesting, hope they tour with it some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah I can't wait to hear it. I love Heritage, and Steve Wilson is pretty much my musical idol.
    Pretty sure he also said in an interview that it's a bit like a movie soundtrack in a way, rather than conventional songs.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This and Rush's album both coming out in May, awesome :).

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

First time really listening to it, I like it. Very atmospheric. The video works well with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Haunting tune, I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

dont mind that nonsense, this is the real deal

Ahahaha, that is amazing. I f*cking love it :P Mikael Akerstache, haha

Funny and awesome at the same time

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

have pre ordered this album, cant wait !!!!

love the parody tunes on youtube .. .hilarious... and actually quite good musically LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

There's not long to wait now!

I haven't heard the released track yet, I'm diligently waiting for the album release. I love Opeth's Heritage and Steven Wilson's Grace For Drowning so I expect this final part in the trilogy will be just as enjoyable.

Official Site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Amazing..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

First time really listening to it, I like it. Very atmospheric. The video works well with it.

Vangelis infleunce in there .

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

After finding it on youtube, after having a few listens and I like the album but this song is definitely my favorite off the album. Think Steve has more of a influence on the album than Mikael if I am being honest, seems to be more of a grace for drowning vibe off it.

Listened to the full album there, I absolutely love it. Steve Wilson's best work outside of Porcupine Tree for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nice Martyr

I have listened to it about 5 times now and it's really starting to grow on me, much in the same way Heritage did.

I've listened to it fully through twice now, and I really like it. I was expecting something a lot weirder actually.

I wouldn't say I've fully digested it yet. But it's definitely a great album. Nothing seems forced, which was something I was a little worried about. I would say it's more of a Steve Wilson project, with Mike just adding a taste of that Opeth flavour on the side.

I can definitely understand why they were saying it'll form an unofficial trilogy with Heritage and Grace for Drowning

Advertisement