Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Well on campus for first year works out at 110e p/w, but all bills are paid at the start of the year from a 500e deposit. I don't know what they're thinking tbh, I owe 2590e by the end of this month, does anyone know if the college would hold off a little bit on this to be paid or does it have to be paid by that date? :(

I know in UL that they will take your situation into account. Not sure how it works elsewhere. I reckon go ASAP to the accommodation office and try and work something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It's NUIM.

Having such a bad day today. Everything is just pissing me off to no end. Have to get out of here soon, or i'm going to implode.

Friends never want to do anything, family WON'T do anything, and i'm just sitting here with no money to do anything counting the days off until the Summers over.

Waiting for a set of results to decide even i'm going to college is such a pain in the ass too. This time 13 days i'll know once and for all whether i'm going to get my dream course or i'll be stuck in this horrible town for another year to work my ass off trying to do well and getting nowhere for it.

I hate the education system in this country. Such shíte.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It's NUIM.
    But Longford to Maynooth on the train is an hour

Lawliet wrote: »
    But Longford to Maynooth on the train is an hour

I know, but I live 30 minutes away from the train station!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Really just sunk in how un-employment will effect my first year of college.

The search goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

FFFFUUUUUUU didn't want to know who won the swimming before I watched it, but while I was waiting for the iPlayer to load they said it on the news while my dad was watching it. Stupid news being informative and shit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

I told a girl that I think she's really goodlooking, and with the way that she replied she either didn't get the hint that I like her. Or that she has no interest in me. Either way I think I've fucked it up

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I told a girl that I think she's really goodlooking, and with the way that she replied she either didn't get the hint that I like her. Or that she has no interest in me. Either way I think I've fucked it up

Hmm... how exactly did she answer? Might not be as bad as you think - girls can go to ridiculous lengths to avoid getting their hopes up over a compliment. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I got my hair cut a few days ago and as well as looking terrible....It makes me look about 5 years younger. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    I got my hair cut a few days ago and as well as looking terrible....It makes me look about 5 years younger. :(

In the words of Jenny from Sabrina the Teenage Witch - "hair grows." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Togepi wrote: »
    In the words of Jenny from Sabrina the Teenage Witch - "hair grows." :D
    What ever happened to Jenny?

My arrghh, this women I work with is a complete wagon. We're very short staffed and the managers away at the moment, another girl is acting manager for the week, and since the acting manager is twenty years younger than her, this women thinks she can do whatever she wants. She left me at the till (not my job) and started pricing and moving around books (my job) she'd go off for cigarette breaks the whole time while I never once got a break. Myself and the AM had stuff to do in the stock room, but instead we had to mind the front of shop because she was never to be found, and any time she was around she was arguing with the AM over appointments and treating me like it was my first and I was a idiot! I ended up having to stay an hour after the shop had closed to get all my work done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

Hmm... how exactly did she answer? Might not be as bad as you think - girls can go to ridiculous lengths to avoid getting their hopes up over a compliment. :o

I dunno she answered very awkwardly like I was weird for saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Sooooooo, parents told me there's no way I can stay in College next year so I have to Commute. Wouldn't be too bad but now I'm looking at a 2.5 hour Commute to get there and get home every day. ffs.

2 hours 20 minutes travelling every day. Kill me now.

I wouldn't mind but my course doesn't have many hours (Law) so in a day I may have 3 lectures, one at 9AM, 2PM and 4PM.. What am I supposed to do to fill those hours where I have nothing to do?

Gah, college is going to be ****e.

I'm going to be wrecked at the end of each week.. :(

Even though I'm just a half hour commute from UCD I'll be staying on campus most of the time. Between getting work done, working out in the gym and playing/practicing sports I imagine I'll be more than maxed out for time.
    There's so so much to do on campus if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm in a bad mood and anything anyone does just annoys me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I had a massive go at someone today. And although maybe they did need a talking to, they didn't deserve the things I said, and now I feel like a twat./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

I just spent half an hour trying to tune a D string and it still wont tune properly :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

For some reason it really pisses me off when people point out my mannerisms to me, especially in a piss-taking, overfamiliar way when I don't know them like that. Probably being over-sensitive about it but yeah...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Why must there be so many different types of connection, all with their own obtuse 3-letter abbreviation? And FFS, either go with inches or millimetres on your site Thomann! :mad::confused::(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Self discovery #34685685683370
    Too much of the time I dont even think before talking to people anymore I just reply with what they want to hear coz it seems the easier option..
    My life is a fraud </3

• Advertisement

Bolox managed to tune the D string and now ive gone and ****ed my E string,i think its broken :eek:

anirishlad wrote: »
    Bolox managed to tune the D string and now ive gone and ****ed my E string,i think its broken :eek:

My first attempt at tuning my guitar ended with me snapping the top E string... I had had the guitar literally an hour. :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    My first attempt at tuning my guitar ended with me snapping the top E string... I had had the guitar literally an hour. :P

I dont know what im supposed to do now :p I cant even figure out how to get the string off it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

deise_girl wrote: »
    Self discovery #34685685683370
    Too much of the time I dont even think before talking to people anymore I just reply with what they want to hear coz it seems the easier option..
    My life is a fraud </3

Dont worry about it babe. Sometimes it IS just easier. Dont ever be afraid to say what you want though xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

*sigh*

Women :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Meh night out here last night, I knew I shouldn't have bothered. Money wasted and my sleeping pattern led further astray! C'mooooon college...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Got far too drunk last night, much more than I wanted to, and had far too many conversations that I don't remember properly, including lots with the guy I like. At some particularly awful stage I know I mentioned to him "my self esteem issues", and I also may have said multiple times that I was trying really hard not to give him a bad impression of me. I also apologised to various people so many times that somebody wrote "do not apologise for anything" on my arm. I am NEVER EVER EVER EVER drinking like that again, it was horrendous and I'll have to spend the next week trying to discover and fix the many stupid comments I must have made. Why why why why why did I do that?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Spent 21 hours on buses this weekend. If I ever become extremely wealthy I'm gonna set up my own bus company with two assurances: one, that the tall person has enough leg room and two, that no one is allowed to play music off their bloody phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Spent 21 hours on buses this weekend. If I ever become extremely wealthy I'm gonna set up my own bus company with two assurances: one, that the tall person has enough leg room and two, that no one is allowed to play music off their bloody phone.
    Small people don't get much room on buses either. Their design specification is that the seats must accommodate people up to 1 metre tall and 4 cm in stomach diameter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Oh I hate when people do that. Happened to me in bus stations as well, they blast it as loud as they can off the phone. I always thought considering the quality of music they listen to, that they wouldn't want anyone else to hear it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement