Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Wrong With Me!?

• 04-02-2002 12:39pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I feel absolutely rank!

I first passed it off as a flu, but I've discovered it's not your average flu, nor sinus problems...

My throat has closed up, and I find it extremely sore to swallow... It feels like there's wad's of mucus up my nose, but when you try to suck it out it there's nothing there...

My neck has gotten extremely sore, also, and so has the base of my spine - It hurts to sit down, I can't turn my head without getting pains, and im constantly dizzy / weak...
    I can't sit, I can't sleep, I can barely walk straight, and it's only gotten worse over the last two days! I also get mild stinging pains in the back of my head every second day - I'd hate to think it was a possible brain tumour or something!!!

What in the name of God is wrong with me!? I feel like a ran over hedgehog in a blender...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Try www.vhihealthe.ie

alternatively and probably better option to go a Doctor!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you don't go to a doctor you will die

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Originally posted by Gordon
    If you don't go to a doctor you will die

My Medical Card expired a while ago, so the option to goto the doctor is out for the moment...

I don't care if I die, I just want to know what the hell I'm going to die of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

my wholly unqualified opinion leads me to belive that you have either a) menigitus or b) a brain tumor.
    seek help.
    (you wont be able to find out what you die of until after you are dead)
    go doctor, sharpish :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Where's Occy when you need him!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Don't give up just yet Ropedrink! surely you would like to have sex/another drink/some good food or whatever tickles your fancy before you bite the bullet.

I had most of those symptoms a year back, thought I was gonna die for about two weeks, in fact would have been happy to at the time (bit like yourself at the mo) I had to stay in bed for the entire time and the effort just to go to the jacks was incredible.
    It was the WORST flu I ever had.!

However, it's probably best if you go to the doc! write him a cheque and run (sorry) crawl away as fast as you can :)

I'm not sure what it is but it sounds very serious. The word meningitis springs to mind but I don't know the symptoms. You don't need to have a medical card to go to a doctor surely, you just go and pay them a piece of cash (no?).

Stinging pains in the head is when warning bells should be stinging you!

Maybe you just have a REAL BAD HANGOVER?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Some whiskey should sort you out.

After a good night sleep there has been no change in my head's condition - I still get pains in the very back left portion of my brain when I move my head (It's like having a ball bearing stuck in there) yet my throats clearing up a little bit - I know this because I've started coughing up various things, the latest monster being a brown (Looks like Mince meat) thing with traces of blood... My necks worse, but my backs better - I slept on the other end of the bed, so I think the matress is screwing me over...

I'm still paranoid about the pains in my head...

Here's a question - How would one know they are on the verge of getting a tumor... Symptoms!? Side Effects!?

As for meningitis, Im pee in the face of meningitis - According to my father im too young to get such a thing!? I dont know wether to take him seriously or laugh at him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    After a good night sleep there has been no change in my head's condition - I still get pains in the very back left portion of my brain when I move my head (It's like having a ball bearing stuck in there) yet my throats clearing up a little bit - I know this because I've started coughing up various things, the latest monster being a brown (Looks like Mince meat) thing with traces of blood...

Go to a fúcking doctor you nut!

Originally posted by Bungo Brandybuck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Sounds like either a very bad flu or possibly meningitis. You are not too young to get meningitis, and should never rely on unqualified casual advice from someone about something as serious as meningitis. MENINGITIS CAN BE DEADLY - go to your GP asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Inhaled Anthrax can start with the symtoms of the common cold exaggerated (like your descriptions) but more than likely (given your "Game-Editing & VAR CB Mod" rank, its probably just a rebellion by your body for mistreatment.
    Common in the heavy PC users demographic!

Either way, do what everyone else is saying.

......are u still there? Can you hear me?......Tap 'Y' on your keyboard if you can. Try to stay awake.....

Blame it on your mobile phone and sue!
    but first eh GO TO THE DOCTOR YOU NUT i think is the fave answer at the momet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Probably not meningitis rope m8, unless you presented with a rash that didn't fade under pressure. If you do have such a rash see your GP immediately and I mean immediately. Screw the medical card.

But, it could also be a fairly nasty strain of flu. Muscular pain is not uncommon in that case. Also, are you feverish? If so, then you need to take a couple of tylenol and get some rest/plenty of fluids. Either way, I advise you go into your doctor or a random clinic, many of them have walk-in surgeries at certain times where you dont' need an appointment. Take care rope m8, catch me in IRC if you need any further help.

Occy

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Argh Rope, you've my full sympathy, I got a similar symptoms lst year. Take care of yourself, I ended up in hospital with pneumonia a month later, because I never fully recovered from the first flu!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

My two Cents = Genital Herpies.. Are you a DiCHead by any chance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I got flu or similar one Christmas. I got up on the Saturday, didn't feel great, went back to bed and woke up Tuesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Going through the same thing here myself... but i didn't panic, i just think it a cold personnally ;)

started with sore throat and head that last about 2 /3 days, now its the sore watery eyes, runny nose and occasional cough.

• Advertisement

Occy mate, no I don't have a present rash... Now that Im sleeping elsewhere the back pains have diminished somewhat, but my neck is no better - My throat isn't as bad now seeing as I've started to cough up chunks of brownish mucus with traces of blood - Looks like mince meat... My ears have started to screw up - My left one especially, at one point the whole thing closed up and I went deaf and my jaws are now sore from trying to pop my ear... It's not as bad today as It was yesterday evening - My father gave me some eardrops, but the stuff wont soak in so im assuming I have simply got a blocked ear.
    I dont get as many dizzy spells anymore.
    continuous pains in my head aren't as bad now, but I do get frequent headaches - I got one really bad one this morning when I was woken by my father turning on the light in my room so I guess my reaction to bright light has gone very bad... Overall I don't feel as awful as I used to so I just might skip the doctor for now although I am re-applying for my medical card so I'll go for a checkup near the end of the week.

To nesf, Sico, Azezil, Victor and anyone else who had something remotely constructive to say - Thanks for the support...

To the rest of you who obviously think that making fun of someone who's gets worried when they're in absolutely devastating ****ing agony will make them better - You're the ones who need to have check-up's.

Clinical Waste, considering the fact that I was told to change my title to what I have now YESTERDAY (A total of two days AFTER I got sick) your sad attempt at being funny makes even less sense than your "Masturabatioun" thread on After Hours Board... I know you like to post rampant bull****, but really, you should try to keep it on threads were people aren't trying to be serious.

Lads, I posted here because of my continuing head problems therfor I considered muscle trauma or, at the extreme worst, a tumor, but I didn't come here to be laughed at, or be at the recieving end of your "OEH, HE'S WEELY WEELY SICK, LETS TWY TOE SCAER HIM!"

I posted here because Occy is a good friend of mine and he's well experienced in the world of medicine, so I wanted his opinion...

If I was attention seeking then I'd feck off to the CS Board were all the little muppets would make a Christmas Dinner out of my thread... If you think im being too serious, just try acting like this on the Admin board and see how well you're recieved...

Gambler, I'm VAR, not DiCHeaD and yes I did get your Joke...
    To Everyone else - I can't wait until you get sick - I'll have a field day!

Im outta here to get over my period... Later.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

(Looks like Mince meat) thing with traces of blood...

good god Rope, are you mad!? go to the shaggin' doctor - that's not normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The problem with you ears is to do with your Eustachian tubes. These small air ducts that connect your inner ears to your throat (pharynx in fact). The infection is blocking these, preventing the air pressure from balancing (similar to the effect of popping ears in a plane changing latitude or a train going through a tunnel at speed). Clear the throat infection and your ears should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

don't go to the doctor! they are evil!@# stay at home and keep coughin up your insides. That'll show em! trust the sj for he knows all.... <insert spooky music here>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

ignore my last post. being serious go to the doctor and he'll put you on these antibiotics called "Germentin". They are big mean white tablets that will have you sorted in 2-3 days but you must finish the course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Sorry Rope...I'm a muppet with nothing positive to contribute :(

I posted here because Occy is a good friend of mine and he's well experienced in the world of medicine, so I wanted his opinion...

Then why didn't you PM Occy?
    Over 50% of the posts not including your own were advising you to go to the doctor.
    Lads, I posted here because of my continuing head problems therfor I considered muscle trauma or, at the extreme worst, a tumor, but I didn't come here to be laughed at, or be at the recieving end of your "OEH, HE'S WEELY WEELY SICK, LETS TWY TOE SCAER HIM!"

Then why didn't you go to the fluppin doctor!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Originally posted by Gordon

Then why didn't you go to the fluppin doctor!! :(

He explained why he didn't, and how he's sorting it out. The reason he didn't PM me was probably in case I forgot to check it, I do check the science board more than my own PM box after all. Also, I mightn't have been around- I'm really busy with work these days, and Rope knows this. So he posted for some help against the possibility that I wouldn't reply, and someone else with a bit of know-how would.

And what did he get? A fair bit of muppettry, some from those who should know better. I realize it's hard for people in an internet community to take real life seriously, but when someone posts for help, your first instincts should be empathy and compassion, not ridicule. I will not accept negative responses in this thread, not when someone is actually ill and asking for help.

Occy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Actually, I wasn't trying to be nasty.
    (I work in a Dublin Hospital)

Just trying to make you smile when you felt crappy.

...In my own way I was trying to say you were probably just run down (too much computer time can do that -been there done that) and I did say you should do what everyone else was saying. ie Go to the Doctor.

(ps The mast**bation thing was just an issue with me and Monty -not that big a thing actually -no PUN intended)

• Advertisement

So what exactly is wrong with you ropey? We are all dying to know.

Advertisement