Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 night in Bangkok. Any advice?

• 03-12-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

We will be 1 night in Bangkok in January. Where to stay? what to do? any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Depends where you are going afterwards and if you need to be near the airport? Touristy areas are Khoa San Road,as much of a non-insight into Thailand it is,it has to be visited.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
    You'll find a god in every golden cloister

p.s. And if you're lucky then the god's a she

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'd say Pat Pong.

OK, it is a seedy redlight area with all the girlie bars, but there is also a market there and plenty of places to eat. There is also an Irish bar on the edge of it IIRC. Sad I know, but if you have been eating rice for breakfast lunch and dinner for two weeks, scampi and chips makes a welcome change:D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

I agree Pat Pong is a good spot for one / two nights Very friendlylocals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

nutmeg101 wrote: »
    We will be 1 night in Bangkok in January. Where to stay? what to do? any suggestions?

Are you male or female?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Go to a ping pong show! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

Gullivers on Khao San Road, always a great night, don't mess with the ladyboys in there though, seen an Israeli getting bottled in there for insulting one, felt awful for him...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nutmeg101

We are a couple, on our way to Koh Samui to get married. Have to stay in Bangkok 1 night to visit the consulate the next morn. We are into going out on the town but not going too mad i guess as we have to do stuff the next day

Advertisement