Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to get a passport?

• 03-04-2005 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

If you go into the passport office with all the necessary details (birth cert, signed garda form, photos etc) will you get the passport on the spot (after queueing of course) or do you have to wait some number of days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Dunno but use An Post passport express if your in a hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 騎手

Never mind, found the answer:

"Processing times for Irish passports

If you call in person to any of the Passport Offices here in Ireland, your application will take a minimum of 2 weeks to process. If you require a passport more ugently than this, you may be required to show proof of travel (i.e., airline tickets).

If you make your application by ordinary post, you should allow 4-5 weeks for your passport to be processed.

Applying through the 'Passport Express' service operated by An Post ensures that properly completed applications will be processed in 10 working days. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 騎手

Actually has anyone here ever got the passport in an urgent case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

A few years ago myself and the missus were in town on a tuesday morning saw a very good deal for a weekend away in Paris in a travel agents, said WTF went in and paid for it there and then, got the tickets, vouchers for hotel etc. When we got home later on I checked my passport and it had just gone out of date. I rang the passport office in molesworth street, explained the situtation, they said come in with the tickets, vouchers and my old passport with all the other bits and bobs needed for the new one and they would have it ready for friday morning. They were very nice about it, said it happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Got kids passports done express post,back within a week.Had to pay 10euro or so for the express post i think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement