Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humax HDR 1000s and fta

• 04-05-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,I bought a Humax HDR 1000s and am having a play with it since last night.I think its a nice setup and seems smooth out but im not getting any channel list when i switch from freesat to fta,i can switch between channels but am getting no list or epg to view,i know i can only get now and next with fta but im not getting anything at all on the humax in fta mode,all im getting is the channel name in the botom left of the screen,i have done a full scan and could see all the channels coming in during the scan but theres no pop up screen with any info about channel,program or whats on,is the reciever only good for freesat or is there a way of getting a normal fta menu,regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

You need to so a seperate scan in non freesat mode.

You can then order/delete them as you see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Trevord wrote: »
    You need to so a seperate scan in non freesat mode.

You can then order/delete them as you see fit.
    Have done a full scan in stb(non freesat mode) but im not getting any channel line up.i wont have access to the reciever for a while as i have given it to a friend who has given up sky and is hoping the humax will keep the kids happy.regards

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

minterno wrote: »
    Have done a full scan in stb(non freesat mode) but im not getting any channel line up.i wont have access to the reciever for a while as i have given it to a friend who has given up sky and is hoping the humax will keep the kids happy.regards

hopefully this should help

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

hopefully this should help

thanks for the reply,i have done the scan just as in the youtube clip and have it working the same,its just i had expected the usual fta epg and program synopsis,not having a channel line up and synopsis in the stb mode is a bit of a let down but the feesat mode is ver nice,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

They just want to differentiate (Fresat vs Free to Air) it out a fair bit and make the freesat option more attractive I suppose. It's in their interest so can really blame them. Glad the video helped anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

anybody know how i can share out the humax HDR 1000 over a network. I would like to be able to drop mp3 files onto the box and then be able to play that file via the humax/tv. can seem to find any information on this out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JungleMartin

When FTA channels are being discussed on this thread, are we talking channels which are on satellite but not part of Freesat? (As opposed to FTA channels on terrestrial, e.g. RTE on Saorview?)

Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

i'd say satellite FTA as the humax doesn't not pick up the terrestial irish channels (saorview)!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JungleMartin

Thanks kooga. That's what I thought but wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

Advertisement