Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favorite rolling tobacco?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

s-cogan wrote: »
    their not even dizzy spells, but it kinda feels lkike im after a few pints, like, if you know what i mean??

Nicotine high? Got them when I first start smoking, cigs tho not rollies.

Oh and Samson would be my favourite rolling tobacco although currently smoking GV as got some cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Golden Virginia hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

accindental blank post.
    oopsie

SteoL wrote: »
    Nicotine high? Got them when I first start smoking, cigs tho not rollies.

please tell me they don't last long.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Enjoy them while they last. Only lasted a couple of weeks for me. Get one every now and then if I go a long time without a smoke and have one too quick. Samson is by far the best rolly imo.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by animan
    Enjoy them while they last. Only lasted a couple of weeks for me. Get one every now and then if I go a long time without a smoke and have one too quick. Samson is by far the best rolly imo.

Enjoy them??
    are you serious?? they usually have me wanting to **** the rest of the cig away!! i usually stick it out though.

dont get them if im walking while smoking, had one going up town yesterday, no headaches

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Sure if you said it's like having a few pints on ya then whats the problem? If you smoke sitting down that'll make them happen more just so ya know.

ha, nice one, i used sit down when they came on me, so ,i'll stop sitting down.

thanks, lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

s-cogan wrote: »
    please tell me they don't last long.:o

Aint got a nicotine high in over 20 years now :eek:. Good god am I that old?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

1. Drum
    2. Old Holborn
    3. Golden Virgina
    4. What is left in the ashtray
    Am I the only who refuses to believe that Duma= Dutch Drum

Also watch out for the fake Old Holborn being sold in corner shops in the UK, easy to spot as the tape is a difference colour

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

1. Drum
    2. Old Holborn
    3. Golden Virgina
    4. What is left in the ashtray

:eek::eek::eek:
    I remember doing that in times of desperation, get all the fag butts out of the ashtray, get the tobacco in them together and make rollies out of it.
    Desperate stuff altogether:D

My favourite tobacco is DeMorian from LIDL in Germany, E3.40 for 40g of the stuff.
    I am proud to state that the Irish state has never gotten a penny of me, I refuse to support that type of theft, kiss me arse, not in a month of Sundays.
    And it is legal to fly over there as much as you want and bring back as much as you want, as long as it's for your own personal consumption. Because you bought it for yourself in another EU country and have paid duty on it at the point of sale.
    It's enshrined in EU law.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I am proud to state that the Irish state has never gotten a penny of me ... And it is legal to fly over there
    Airport tax. Fankyouverymuch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

BeerNut wrote: »

Or as I called it when I left

The bastard tax

BeerNut wrote: »

I'd be going over anyway to visit the family.
    So, 25g tobacco here about E8
    40g Tobacco in Germany E3.40.
    I usually buy 20-30 packs, smoke about a pack a week, so it costs me less than E200 a year.
    Buying the same amount of tobacco here would cost nearly E900, I'm saving so much money I couldn't possibly afford to quit!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm on Amber Leaf at the moment, but I like dark blue Drum too. I mightgive Golden 'Vagina' a try too in the future. Amber Leaf for the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Was thinkin of switchin t orollin tobaco myself.

How much is a pouch?

I've always understood it can work out cheaper, plus I like the idea of rollin my own. I waste a hell of a lot of cigarettes not finishing them when I don't really want a full one. So being able to roll lots of small ones would save me a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

How much is a pouch?

I've always understood it can work out cheaper, plus I like the idea of rollin my own. I waste a hell of a lot of cigarettes not finishing them when I don't really want a full one. So being able to roll lots of small ones would save me a fortune.

12.5g (last me a day same as a normal pack of smokes) is €4 to €4.50 and usually comes with 50 papers

25g €8-8.50

How much is a pouch?

Buy your stuff abroad, when I'm in Germany I usually bring back 20-30 pack of tobacco, the stuff in LIDL costs E3.40 for 40 gram, that a quarter of the Irish price.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Doublin

Anyone try the Turner stuff going around the last month in town, it's not a bad smoke. Prefer it to GV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

My favourite is blue old holborn. After that, I'd usually go for Golden Virgina followed by dark blue Drum. I'm not keen on Amber Leaf, I find there's a funny after taste from that tobbaco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I got a pouch of Golden Virginia recently, out of necessity as it was all the shop had left, and it's quite unlike any tobacco I've tried before, in a good way. I might switch to it after my 50g bag of Amber Leaf's exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

rismak7 wrote: »
    My favourite is blue old holborn. After that, I'd usually go for Golden Virgina followed by dark blue Drum. I'm not keen on Amber Leaf, I find there's a funny after taste from that tobbaco.

You mean you can get Old Holborne other than blue (original) in Ireland???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Recently started rolling. I bought a 25g pouch of Drum. I'm a B&H smoker for 4 years and I can't stomach these. Gonna start exploring around to see whats the best. Also, why does everywhere seem to not sell filter tips??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Recently started rolling. I bought a 25g pouch of Drum. I'm a B&H smoker for 4 years and I can't stomach these. Gonna start exploring around to see whats the best. Also, why does everywhere seem to not sell filter tips??

Jaysus, tis on the rare occasion that I'd walk into a shop that didn't sell filters. However, it has happened on a few occasions that some shops were out of ultra slim.
    Slim just ain't good enough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

after 15 years of marriage to john player blue,im afraid we had to part ways due to the recession:(

ive struck up a new romance with old holborn..get 50 grams pouchs from spain every few weeks:cool:

my spending has been cut on smoking from 100 a week (john player):eek: to roughly 6 euro.:)

ive actually got to like smoking the rolls and dont enjoy a fag much now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ererer

Benson and Hedges rolling tobacco, I buy it any time I visit Asda along with water melon bacardi breezers and lipton peach tea powder. I feel like a classy bird at the checkout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

Rothmans wrote: »
    You mean you can get Old Holborne other than blue (original) in Ireland???

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing old holborn tobacco in a yellow pack while I was working in a shop a few years ago. I don't know if it's still available in Ireland now or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ciann

Bought some cutters choice when i was away and its a lovely smoke. Can't stomach amber leaf it makes me feel sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

ererer wrote: »
    Benson and Hedges rolling tobacco, I buy it any time I visit Asda along with water melon bacardi breezers and lipton peach tea powder. I feel like a classy bird at the checkout.

I am a recent convert to rollies, have been smoking B&H for 15 years I suppose. I am currenlty smoking Drum, which I am enjoying.

Is the B&H rolling tobacco availble anywhere else but Asda? I'd love to give it a swirl - there is a serious lack of the colour gold in my life now!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

Only started smoking rollies last Saturday. First pack was yellow Golden Virginia. I was only smoking this in work as I was eating the smokes all day.

Left the pack in work and got a pack of Cutters Choice for at home. Still testing out the brands. I don't know what to get next???

My Regular smokes are Pall Mall Red. I still have the same pack I get on Saturday as the rollies are keeping me going.

One quest for the rollie smokers!!!
    I have started to notice my fingers going yellow from smoking the rollies, and this is only over 3 days. Never had this before with regular smokes. Is there any way to avoid this???

Advertisement