Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Sera wrote: »
    maybe ask Mr Saturn and Pyongyang as well? remember when it got GotW

Thanks Sera, however I wouldn't think I am qualified enough to ramble on about the Mother games, as much as I like them. :o

Definitely up for specials though. Shooting games, Star Soldier, Cave, Raizing, Toaplan, Psykio, PC Engine, Puyo Puyo etc. I could (and probably do on this forum anyway) bore you all to death for hours with that material.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like Eurogamer stole our idea and have an article on sex in videogames. Who needs eurogamer when you have arcade and retro, eh?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So any other takers for an 8-bit micro podcast? It's your only chance to defend your precious Amstrad CPC from my vitriol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Working on my notes for the podcast and i really dont know how i am going to pack everything into an hour :eek:

Really looking forward to this as for me the 8bit era was without doubt the golden age of gaming

Will i bring sound samples with me?

Yeah bring some music, it will save me having to do so. Hope there's plenty of SID tunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Working on my notes for the podcast and i really dont know how i am going to pack everything into an hour :eek:

Really looking forward to this as for me the 8bit era was without doubt the golden age of gaming

Will i bring sound samples with me?

Have the studio for 2 hours so we can do a 2-parter if necessary.

Also I have a drop box folder you can drop any audio files into if you need to.

Having a bit of bother finding 8bit mp3/wav files

Can get sid files no problem but its playing the damn things on a computer that trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Having a bit of bother finding 8bit mp3/wav files

Can get sid files no problem but its playing the damn things on a computer that trouble

Get a sid player plugin for winamp and play them that way or use winamp to export them as wavs or mp3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I had a listen to some of your podcasts this past week. I particularly liked the Horror episode, the opening music was great, even though it came on as I was alone in the office locking up the building :) It's good to hear about games I had previously overlooked and I'll be keeping an eye out for obscure now. Good job.

Sorry for the delay... between injuries and work stuff I've been pretty busy.

Here's the Lucas Arts Graphic Adventures episode:

maniac_mansion_01-300x187.png

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-podcast-episode-5-lucas-arts-graphic-adventures/

• Advertisement

Dinorex tells me the studio is free from 3pm on Saturday if people want to be part of the next podcast. We'll decide the topic when we see how can make it so we can pick something everyone is interested in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Stop being accomodating with the times to people who work all week :(

Anyone for Zelda ?

Not the Cd-I games though :D

Also is the 8bit one ready to be uploaded

Cant wait to hear how bad i choked:mad:

Zelda would be a long one. And i'll only do it if the CD-I games get a mention!

Could be a 2 parter if we have enough studio time

And ok you can have 0.1456 Seconds to discuss the Cd-I Zeldas :D

Episode 6 is now up... Also available on Soundcloud now.

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-podcast-episode-6-8-bit-micros/

Toner_Island_Dizzy.jpg

So are we doing Zelda tomorrow?

If so i have the entire music set for us

That seems to be the plan.

15.00!

Righto

Do you want me to throw the music into your dropbox?

Can do it later when i get home

Sure thing.

• Advertisement

I hope it's all original music, nonw of that orchestrated crap :P

Why the hell did we pick zelda, been doing notes since I got home from work :(

Only took a break to play an hour of Zelda's Adventure just to confirm that it is indeed worse than cancer :(

Still got skyward sword and the CDI games to swat up on.

Just listening to the 8bit episode now. Interesting stuff as always! I'd have loved to have heard about some of the famous C64 stories though, like the famous Parasol Stars, Putty and Escape From Colditz ones. Maybe a future episode idea? 'The games that weren't'?

Nice to hear System 3 mentioned. Hearing that amazing Last Ninja 2 soundtrack was great. One of my favourites of all time, love the Maniacs!

Surprised you didn't bring up First Samurai or Turbocharge though. They were (for me anyway) System 3's incredible achievements.

Top notch stuff though, really enjoying these and dying to get involved!

I thought I mentioned turbocharge? We were trying to figure it out whether it was system 3 or not iirc. Maybe Dinorex cut it out, I haven't gotten to it yet since I'm still in the middle of the last retronauts episode.

In fairness I'm still listening to it, though it was more about The Last Ninja series. Which was awesome anyway.

Is Lords Of Midnight or Jeroen Tel mentioned in this episode?

edit: Yep you mention Turbocharge at 31mins. :)

edit 2: The Mayhem In Monsterland levels were all set as 'Sad'. When you cleared the level, the next would be in colour, or, 'Happy' mode. Not Night/Day. :)

Zelda podcast completed, it was so long it has to be two 1 hour parts. I flew into rant mode on more than one occassion and there was a bit of CDi related tension between me and Sparks. This meant it was the most fun I've had doing one, just hope it turns out well.

I think it should be a good one.

I'd have talked more if I hadn't had such a horrible headache.

At least I got to talk about how much Skyward Sword drives me nuts.

Really enjoyed that recording felt so much more comfortable this time.

It felt like i had only gone into the room and then it was all done.

cant wait to hear it.

Maybe have a phone in/out show next time

A+R: Pyongyang Darius How does it make you feeeeeeeelllllllllll!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Can I ring in drunk? :P

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed that recording felt so much more comfortable this time.

Who'd a thunk speaking into the mic would work so well?

Advertisement