Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard - MBNA

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kceire wrote: »
    Same here, my card has been active since January 2011, not due to expire until October 2013!

On hold the last 10 mins, that stupid robot talking machine is doing my nut in :mad:

Finally talking to someone as i type..............

Finally talking to someone as i type..............

Have to try again this afternoon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Solair wrote: »
    It worked fine for me on both Chrome and Safari on a Mac.

Make sure you refresh the page, as you could be seeing a cached version with the error message.

I suspect the problem I was having (Safari and Firefox on a Mac) was more to do with my password having 2 consecutive characters the same, once registered with a different password I tried to change it to another with 2 consecutive characters the same and I got the same error message about password not being valid. So, despite the fact that the rules say you cannot have MORE than 2 consecutive characters the same it would appear you cannot have 2 or more the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 boneill82

Have to try again this afternoon :(
    yeah told same after getting to talk to someone after calling back(waiting 25 mins for someone to pick up the phone say hello then hang up on me immediately after they said hello).due to migrating across of accounts not fully operational

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

jock101 wrote: »
    Will this shower still issue paper statements and allow you pay at the post office! If not, Adios Avantcard!

The leaflet I got with the last statement says yes, they will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So i tried to re-reg my card on the new site, took forever to load the page after I put in my details then the page failed, tried again and failed again, so going to leave it and try again in the afternoon.

Again, deep breaths people, it not the end of the world, it will all be back up and running soon, just be patient :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

I'm being told my card is already registered. Then when I go to login it's telling me to register. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

avantcard.ie site down again as of 11.53!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This situation is unacceptable and UTTERLY ridiculous

Between them MBNA and Avantcard have made a dogs dinner of this process. You simply DO NOT initiate a new system of this magnitude without testing it to destruction

I have just made formal complaints to the Financial Regulator under the Central Bank, the Ombudsman as well as alerting the Business & Finance desks of the Times and the Indo as I think MBNA/Avant could do with the same exposure Ulster Bank had last year.

• Tried to register on new site. says site down please try later. Day 3 still down.
    Got this message after I filled in all my personal details every time,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

People, remember to refresh the 'site down' page!!!

Reg'd now, everything seems to be working fine for me. Just cant check statements but can see everything else that used to be on the MBNA site.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

ann81 wrote: »
    My card was declined yesterday both online and in a shop though I'm nowhere near my limit, has this happened to anyone else?

And of course the website isn't working yet and I haven't been able to get through to them on the phone!

Yes mine too, and cant get through on the phone number and cant register on the site. Am going to apply for a different credit card tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I am in the same boat, tried to register using both Firefox and IE, getting the same message as everyone else that the website is down. The site is a total shambles, nowhere on the website can I find out the current APR we are being charged. Does anyone know off the top of their heads what the interest rate is? Have been looking at the possibility of changing to another provider, but the rates of interest are just crazy. I think the time is coming to clear the balance and cut up the credit card. 20-22% APR is just not sustainable.

I actually don’t use the card that much anymore since I got my Visa Debit card, is there any provider that supplies a lower rate of interest in exchange for a lower credit limit?

Was able to get the registration page up by refreshing, but it is looking for my credit limit which I don't have and I threw out my last statement. Any ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Neddy39

frost wrote: »
    Yes mine too, and cant get through on the phone number and cant register on the site. Am going to apply for a different credit card tomorrow
    Just joined this thread, This site will not let me register. This does not bode well for the future. They have had over a year to prepare for this switch over. Any point in contacting financial ombudsman?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

People, remember to refresh the 'site down' page!!!

Refreshed the site and can now get to registration screens, thanks for that!

In an annoying situation now - mbna posted me new cards last week, but they needed to get activated. The cards are mbna branded and the activation website is on the mbna.ie site which as you know redirects to avantcard's, where there isnt an activation page or FAQ.

So I tried to register on the avantcard site, thinking that I could activate the card after I registered. First tried using my 'old' card; it doesn't recognise the number but that's fair enough, since the 'new' one is supposed to replace it. But can't use the new card number to register either -- message I get back says card isn't activated yet.

So I tried calling them again. Was on hold about 25 minutes yesterday and gave up. On hold now for 13 minutes so far. Patience running thin at this stage.

Finally able to register.
    As above, if you get the "under Construction Screen", hit refresh a few times until it fixes itself!

Ok, so have ordered a duplicate statement, so hopefully once I have the correct credit limit, I can register online.

One question though, the bank details for Avant Gard are the same as for MBNA, do you think it would be safe enough to process an EFT to Avant Gard? I normally pay something off my card as it is payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ok a bit of progress there. I refreshed the page and it will let me register, but says my card is inactive :confused:. I've been using it for the last few months. So now I have to get on the phone to them to sort this out. I will want interest free for the month of April after this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm in, but no transactions or statement history as of yet. Bit by bit things are coming back online it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Lets hope so :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I finally managed to register (after changing my internet explorer to behave like internet explorer 7 for which the website was obviously written) and I noticed several problems with the data (outdated) but it shows me the basic data about my card as it does for other.

I than went to the secure card registration (3D) and despite me entering my data carefully my card got blocked so I called for help and after a longer hold period a nice person unblocked the card and updated my data.

When you are on the secure card registration page (3D) make sure you enter the name exactly as it is on the card (with title) otherwise it won't accept it and your card might get blocked.

So I now can use my card again with the 3D sites (which are everywhere) and all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Tried six times, firefox, IE, browser deletions etc.
    recognises the basic details but when I try to create profile it doesnt "like" the password..

Tried numerous passwords, all within their "password guidelines" and none work

Any suggestions oh wise ones of boards? i wouldn't expect a transition year project to be tested as little as this website...

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's like a bad beta test site ! Full of errors and non working sections!

You'd expect a financial institution to try to inspire confidence !!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bermo

I'm still getting "Sorry try again later" when I try to register. I rang and was on hold for 20 mins or so. Got talking to a woman who said the site is fixed, and will accept registrations but because its being inundated with people all trying to do the same thing, she says I should wait until 8 this evening to see if its cooled down a bit.

Avant made a real mess of this. This is my first experience with them. They are part of Apollo Global Management, and it is really the former Spanish wing of MBNA which has now been consolidated with the Irish wing. So its Avant Tarjeta trading as Avant Card in Ireland. I can imagine some former MBNA Spanish boss is really finding this frustrating. And I hope they lose customers because of it. I'll give it a week or two myself. I get the feeling the web site will not be very good for e-statements etc. I get the impression the web site is not their top priority. I'll clear my bill with them and probably go over to BoI VISA.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

just managed to log on but was told my card is now inactive.....i sent a payment on 14 March so i guess this hasn't gone through.

Does anybody have an office/ landline or email contact? Can't afford to call the premium rate lines to be put on hold.

Somebody mentioned earlier that it might be worth contacting the financial ombudsman and tbh i think this is a good idea, this inept changeover has left a lot of people without credit access.... def not a good start for Avant card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marburke2006

I have had similar issues today....every password I chose and believe me I followed the rules, to no avail. I tried windows chrome and IE. no difference, still didnt like my password.
    Then I had a recheck over the rest of my details. I had used the full international phone number (35387XXXXXXX). I then retried (on IE - not sure if that was my problem or not) with just 087XXXXXXX. Bingo !!
    So the error on passwords may be a red herring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I have had similar issues today....every password I chose and believe me I followed the rules, to no avail. I tried windows chrome and IE. no difference, still didnt like my password.
    Then I had a recheck over the rest of my details. I had used the full international phone number (35387XXXXXXX). I then retried (on IE - not sure if that was my problem or not) with just 087XXXXXXX. Bingo !!
    So the error on passwords may be a red herring.

Since its the last 6 digits, surely the prefix you used should not matter?

This password issue is doing my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Galadriel

My problem is I can't sign up because I don't have an actual credit card, so no details, last November I opted to stayed on the lower interest rate in return I wouldn't use/get a new credit card, I didn't use it anyway so I didn't mind but now how the hell am I supposed to register? I hear you can't pay in the post office anymore?

Guess I'll be joining the queue of callers tomorrow :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts. For your safety, access to the account associated with this card has been blocked. Please call customer service number 0818 409 511 Monday to Friday 8am -8pm, Saturday 8am -2pm.

After registering earlier, I now cannot log in...and it seems my account has been locked.

Rang the above number, to be told their customer service centre was closed and to try again between 8am and 8pm.... :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement