Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toll Tag and changing cars

• 09-03-2010 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭

My father gets his new car today and currently has a toll tag.

According to the ever helpful website of the operators we need only update the details to the new car but does not cover the tag itself.

anyone know if the tag itself is removable? (i.e. can it "re-stick " on the new car)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Riskymove wrote: »
    My father gets his new car today and currently has a toll tag.

According to the ever helpful website of the operators we need only update the details to the new car but does not cover the tag itself.

anyone know if the tag itself is removable? (i.e. can it "re-stick " on the new car)

Tags are removable from cars, but you'll probably need a new sticky piece to mount the holder on the new windscreen.

If it's one of the bigger (older) tags then they are fairly easy to remove with a bit of twisting. The smaller ones are a pain because it's hard to get a decent grip - maybe get a small flat blade screwdriver to help remove that type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Call the easiflow (or whatever it is these days) and they'll send you out a new harness FOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I just got a new holder for mine - left the old holder in the other car. Cost me 3 quid or something (tolltag.ie btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Tolltag.ie sent me a handfull of those stick on brackets last year FOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

They use to be free but now they charge - probably cus ppl like you were abusing the system and ordering "handfulls" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

eazypass sent me out a second tag holder about two yrs ago. I have one tag that i swap between mine and my wifes car and before i cross a toll booth i just make sure the details are correct online. If not it takes two min to change them

Advertisement