Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet on McCain for Presidency

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I do think it'll be a lot closer than many think and that McCain +160 is good value

• Registered Users Posts: 45,177 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Mc Cain is now 11/1 with betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think going with McCain on the 160 handicap looks interesting. Just playing around with the electoral map on CNN even giving Obama Florida, which i think he will get, as well as Montana and Indiana, and if the leaning states remain leaning in the same way as is current and McCain can take Ohio, where he is marginally ahead in polling, that will still be enough to cover the handicap.

EDIT: On second thoughts if i think winning Ohio will determine the handicap result i may be better off just backing McCain at 7/2 to win Ohio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Democrats under 369.5 electoral votes is 4/9 on Bet 365

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Mc Cain is now 11/1 with betfair
    Yeah I took a bit of that yesterday (though slightly later so I got 21/2) - think that was quite overpriced.

Available at 17.5 now (33/2) for anyone who's interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Yeah I took a bit of that yesterday (though slightly later so I got 21/2) - think that was quite overpriced.

Available at 17.5 now (33/2) for anyone who's interested.

Value I got him at 5/1 anyone to buy my bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

McCain out to 19.0 on Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 barney85

can we still back Obama:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Well technically he's only President-elect but the market seems to have closed...

However, Betfair already have the 2012 market open for the truly hardcore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Margin was greater than 160 votes.

How can someone who has only 5% less of the vote lose by twice as many electoral votes???? Damn electoral system!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

christeb wrote: »

How can someone who has only 5% less of the vote lose by twice as many electoral votes???? Damn electoral system!

Winner takes all is the way forward...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So much for my inkling on McCain taking Ohio. Should of known the odds were too good to be true. My last delve into political betting for a while methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

christeb wrote: »

The popular vote is always close.
    In relative terms, 5% is huge, even more so for a Dem.

Many past winners had <50% due to a small % going elsewhere, 3rd candidates etc

Anyway, ship the monies,
    had the loot on Obama +handicap on betfair, 1.4
    only ot paid today or last night

Advertisement