Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Magpies's eating dog poo....is it normal?

• 15-09-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

It took me ages to figure is out....my dog would do her business in the garden & I'd go to collect it a wee while later and find it scattered all over the place. It's magpies & they are scattering it all over the place, which makes it pretty hard to collect!!

Some of my siblings also have dogs so I asked them what, if anything, do they do to stop it....but none of them have the same problem.

Which got me thinking that maybe she isn't breaking the food down properly (she's food obessed & always on the outlook for something tasty). She fed dry food & her poo's look normal enough to my untrained eye!

So is it normal or is it something I should be concerned about. Plus any ideas on how to stop it as I'm sick of having it broken up around the garden.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

follow your dog with the poop bag and pick it up as soon as its done. Some things dogs are not able to digest this is normal. Magpies recycle things like tough seeds by eating them out of the poop and when they eventually poop the seeds land in soil (hopefully) and begin to grow, this is natures way of ..eh hem .. spreading the love ha ha.:p Dont worry bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

the ? is do the dogs eat the same food or different food, if there eating different food then the resultant poo will be different also..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

do the dogs eat the same food or different food, if there eating different food then the resultant poo will be different also..

My dog only dry food + some treats (cheese, egg, cod liver oil, treats, cheickens....small bit of each of these)

My sisters dog - only dry food (not sure which treats)

My bros dog - mainly dry...but they add in some tinned also

I reckon it's some of the kibbles not fully broken down....Magpies are know to be scavengers!! Anyone know of something to put them off.....I can;t stand behind her all day waiting to scoop it up !! Normally I do a "pick-up" once a day

Advertisement