Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance canada question

• 23-03-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi all,guys i have a question when do i have to show proof of insurance?is it when i land at the airport?also guys i am a plumber by trade,i was just wondering what are the wage,s like over in canada?thanks all;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you dont have to show proof of insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Don't think I've ever heard of anyone who has been asked to show it

I've gone through twice now and wasn't asked either time

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭seamus1980

Ok cheers guys for the info:D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Your usually not asked but it is a requirement. There is always the off chance they will ask.

You can get cover off backpacker for €170

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Your usually not asked but it is a requirement. There is always the off chance they will ask.

You can get cover off backpacker for €170
    its not a requirement of entry into the country, it's a requirement of being issued the IEC permit. as far as i know, even though they would appear to be the same thing, it's not in the immigration officer's remit to ask about insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 IrishInCalgary

They have actually made it a ruling recently that visitors should have insurance. Not sure how strictly this is policed at the borders but its something to be aware of

They have actually made it a ruling recently that visitors should have insurance. Not sure how strictly this is policed at the borders but its something to be aware of

How long you in Calgary bro?

They have actually made it a ruling recently that visitors should have insurance.

my boss is over here regularly and has never ever been asked for insurance

also the wording of that is a little odd, a ruling that they SHOULD? seems a bit vague, is it a suggestion that they should or a ruling that they must?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 IrishInCalgary

Here since June last year so coming up quick on one year !

Here since June last year so coming up quick on one year !

Great city isn't it? Planning on staying?

• Advertisement
Advertisement