Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will I be too old to go back to secondary school at 20 years of age ??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Definitely do it. A friend of mine went back at 23 to do her leaving cert because she wanted to do a course that she hadn't enough points for the first time around. She was back in her local secondary school with teenagers. She said that at first it bothered her (the immaturity) but she found overhearing their drama to be very entertaining. It was a tough year but she is 100% glad that it was the best thing she did. You have that extra bit of maturity that you know what you want to do and are not just applying for college just for the sake of it. You will have that bit more focus because of the sacrifice that is involved. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

I know a guy who did his JC at 35, LC 37,...........qualified teacher in his 40's.
    If there's something you want to do education wise. Go & do it.
    In fact being a couple of years older is no harm.
    There's a lot to be said for waiting unitl 22-25 before attending 3rd level.

Advertisement