Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oughterany Vilage, Kilcock

• 30-06-2009 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I am in the processof buying a house in the Oughterany Village the last row of development. There are about 10-12 houses in that row yet to be completed.
    When I spoke to developer at the very beginning, he said my house will be ready by end of 08, so I gave him a deposit and got mortgage sorted. Not that I did believe him, but rather hoped he will have it by summer. Tough luck, the state of the houses is exactly the same as before Christmas.
    So the dilemma is: I'm getting annoyed with your man, my mortgage offer is due to expire (year since I singed up for it). So the bank will not give me as much, and the builder might not drop the price. I am bound by the contract where he has 18 months to finish it up, and we are only half way through these 18 months. I know sounds like a deep sh*t.
    I wanna see if there is people who also bought their houses in the neighborhood and waiting its completion, compare our contract signing date, discuss the progress and so on.
    If anyone concern about their privacy, PM me. never know what kinda scum you can get into nowadays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Don't use white font please. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hider

sorry, my bad, the formatting is too complicated for me. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to your lender and see what they say.

Check the contract to see if it is subject to mortgage approval.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dub12

Hi

I have bought a house in the oughterany village development last year, i would like to give you some information in a private message,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hider

Cheers, Dub12, i'll check my PMs.

to Victor:
    my contract was subject to mortgage approval, but at the time i was preapproved and then signed contract.
    I will check the contract again if the final sale is subject to mortgage beeing approved.

anyone else is buying the house there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement