Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen Berlingo saying STOP STOP STOP

• 17-10-2011 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can give me any advice, ive an 2005 1.9 straight berlingo and lately and exactly the same spot on the road 68km into my journey it flashes up stop stop stop in red in the dash, i can stop and turn off engine and restart and it will stay off, ive checked oil level, its been serviced lately also.

I know its not good to see red writing and flashing coming up but is this common with the old berlingo!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Any big radio masts around at that point in the journey? Radio and microwave interference can cause those type of symptoms if nothing else is the problem. Does it happen if you drive 68km in the opposite direction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Confab wrote: »
    Any big radio masts around at that point in the journey? Radio and microwave interference can cause those type of symptoms if nothing else is the problem. Does it happen if you drive 68km in the opposite direction?

Good man i think you may be onto something it only happens when i come into this particular area its through a mountain gap and down into a small village

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

flashing stop light can also be low brake fluid level

pdiddy wrote: »

A fella sat into my van one day and commented how my brake pedal didnt feel right, too soft or something... Have never added brake fluid, is it easy to check level?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..nah, someone flashed their headlights at you as approached the village speed limit sign........and the Citroen is fitted with SCHU system..........

.....Speed Camera Heads Up..... :o

I'll get my coat.............. :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭johnayo

pdiddy wrote: »

Almost certainly the brake fluid level.

Do any other light come on with it. Normally the Stop Light is accompanied with another light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Row

Below is a diagram of the instrument panel on a (M59) 2003-2008 Berlingo...:)
    V18 is the "stop" light.

I'd Check the obvious lke Oil level,Brake fluid level,Coolent level and if all looks o.k. then get someone with Lexia 3 to plugin and check for faults.

Various checks can be read in live data to pin point the problem if there are no faults found logged.
    If you want to check the oil pressure it can only be checked with a pressure gauge so a garage is your best bet.

Maybe post your location and there maybe someone on here with lexia 3 to
    help you out..:)
    Keep us informed..;)

V18 STOP
    Brake fluid level alert
    Electronic braking distribution fault
    Oil pressure warning
    Oil temperature warning
    Coolant temperature warning
    Engine coolant level alert

2005Berlingoinstrumentpanel1.jpg

2005Berlingoinstrumentpanel2.jpg

Row wrote: »
    Below is a diagram of the instrument panel on a (M59) 2003-2008 Berlingo...:)
    V18 is the "stop" light.

I'd Check the obvious lke Oil level,Brake fluid level,Coolent level and if all looks o.k. then get someone with Lexia 3 to plugin and check for faults.

Various checks can be read in live data to pin point the problem if there are no faults found logged.
    If you want to check the oil pressure it can only be checked with a pressure gauge so a garage is your best bet.

Maybe post your location and there maybe someone on here with lexia 3 to
    help you out..:)
    Keep us informed..;)

V18 STOP
    Brake fluid level alert
    Electronic braking distribution fault
    Oil pressure warning
    Oil temperature warning
    Coolant temperature warning
    Engine coolant level alert

2005Berlingoinstrumentpanel1.jpg

2005Berlingoinstrumentpanel2.jpg

Thanks Row,

Great detail and information there. I taking it to garage this evening to check the problems associated with V18, have doe test tonight also, have booked it in
    for timing belt replacement Monday also, the Go Go Berlingo is getting some TLC!

Thanks again and will keep ye all informed of outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I had a leguna that used to do that to me , used to frighten the fcuk outa me.

I reckon it was brake fluid gentlemen I got it topped up, and came through same area and light stayed off.

Many thanks for info supplied. Passed Doe lastnight also

• Advertisement
Advertisement