Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem getting skinners from Amazon

• 21-10-2014 7:56pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone had any problem getting Skinners through Amazon recently?
    I got a delivery about 10 days ago, and tried to order another bag but it keeps telling me they don't ship it to Ireland.

Any other suppliers ship it to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I'm due to make an order soon...when I saw your post, I went on to see if I could order and I got the same message. I contacted Amazon via chat, and they told me that they no longer ship it to Ireland.
    They gave me a link to a seller on Amazon that will ship here but it's a good bit more expensive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skinners-Field-Trial-Duck-Rice/dp/B003EGMHL2/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2ET5I1QV8MA9T

vetuk.co.uk sell it, with about €20 delivery for 4 bags (I buy in bulk). Vetmedsdirect.co.uk also sell it, but I think their delivery works out more expensive. I'm going to have to look into who offers the best value and if others are selling it, or if it would be worth using Parcel Motel (not sure how that works for large items like dog food).

Edited to add, I didn't attempt a purchase with these, but I was able to get to the checkout areas without problems

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

That's mad i just got a bag today! You'd think they'd give some notice or something? I've subscribed to it so will wait to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Dogfooddirect.ie sell it now.

andreac wrote: »
    Dogfooddirect.ie sell it now.

I just saw that, it's a fair bit pricier on there though. I always get around 4 bags at a time, so the savings add up.
    Am going to have to sit down and do the sums, exchange rates etc to figure out the best deal :rolleyes:

Is it? Wasn't sure of the price. Just saw it on the site earlier.

• Advertisement

Is it? Wasn't sure of the price. Just saw it on the site earlier.

Yeah, four bags come to €176, while Vet UK is giving me a total of €146 (inclusive of delivery)

Oh big difference alright then.

Oh big difference alright then.

Another bag of food!
    I see that Petbliss currently have the Duck and Rice and that four bags work out to about €151, which is much closer to the UK prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Would this site be any use to you? http://www.pet-bliss.ie/acatalog/Skinners_Dog_Food.html

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks everyone, it works out almost 10 euro dearer to buy it from petbliss than amazon.

It seems to be mostly the field and trial range that has been stopped, wondering if it is possibly to do with the fact that this range is vat free in the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Feck it! Looks like I'll need to move brand as Skinners was such good value for money for a good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭muddypaws

angeldaisy wrote: »
    thanks everyone, it works out almost 10 euro dearer to buy it from petbliss than amazon.

It seems to be mostly the field and trial range that has been stopped, wondering if it is possibly to do with the fact that this range is vat free in the UK?

I'd say the VAT free thing probably does have something to do with it, but also maybe that Skinners is expanding more into the Irish market, so I guess would prefer people to buy from Irish bricks and mortar shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Well that's annoying, myself and my mam have four dogs on it and I just got a bag delivered two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Awh no, that's a shame! My guys eat the Skinners duck and rice too!

Well, as it happens I had been giving them a break from it for a bit. Markus Muehle is in the same price range on Zooplus. One dog doing grand on it but it didn't suit my greyhound at all.

Then I discovered Red Mills have a new range for working dogs, called Engage. Same quality as Skinners and coming in at the same price, ish. Beef variety is €30 and the chicken, duck and salmon varieties are a bit more. (Don't know how they get away with calling it 'chicken' incidentally, when on the ingredient list it says poultry meal!) I'm glad to be buying from a local "bricks and mortar" shop again, it's so convenient and I don't have to worry about running out. Maxi Zoo also regularly have coupons for Red Mills and Red Mills agents in the store with discounts. At the moment there is €7.50 off across the range.

Not the most amazingly high quality food but for any of us on a budget, it's far better quality than a lot of brands in that price range.

Gone are the days when I could afford to feed Orijen or even the brands in the €50-€60 bracket!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Oh no :( thank god I got my 2 bags delivered on Monday. Gosh I can't even remember how many years ago when I orginally started the thread on skinners! I am looking into alternatives at the mo, so far I see they have autarky http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autarky-Adult-Dry-Food-Chicken/dp/B0077QEA92/ref=sr_1_6?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1414006066&sr=1-6&keywords=Dog+food
    and harringtons http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harringtons-Complete-Turkey-Vegetables-Dry/dp/B003ZGEU70/ref=sr_1_3?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1414006066&sr=1-3&keywords=Dog+food (they also have a salmon and potato one) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harringtons-Complete-Rich-Salmon-Potato/dp/B00A689BFQ/ref=sr_1_123?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1414006829&sr=1-123&keywords=Dog+foodbut all three have maize :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I just quickly subscribed to this as it looks good it is coming in at €30 (including higher vat) for 12.5kg as I subscribe to 5 things and get 15% off (so around €36 for 15kg). http://www.burgesspetcare.com/product/sensitive-adult-turkey-and-rice/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009P0EVC4/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_product_title/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

boomerang wrote: »
    Awh no, that's a shame! My guys eat the Skinners duck and rice too!

Well, as it happens I had been giving them a break from it for a bit. Markus Muehle is in the same price range on Zooplus. One dog doing grand on it but it didn't suit my greyhound at all.

Then I discovered Red Mills have a new range for working dogs, called Engage. Same quality as Skinners and coming in at the same price, ish. Beef variety is €30 and the chicken, duck and salmon varieties are a bit more. (Don't know how they get away with calling it 'chicken' incidentally, when on the ingredient list it says poultry meal!) I'm glad to be buying from a local "bricks and mortar" shop again, it's so convenient and I don't have to worry about running out. Maxi Zoo also regularly have coupons for Red Mills and Red Mills agents in the store with discounts. At the moment there is €7.50 off across the range.

Not the most amazingly high quality food but for any of us on a budget, it's far better quality than a lot of brands in that price range.

Gone are the days when I could afford to feed Orijen or even the brands in the €50-€60 bracket!

Keep an eye on the website Pershoponline.ie, they often have great deals on Redmills both Leader & Engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Check out parcel motel.
    Ideal for this situation. and for the record no I don't work for them, just a happy customer of theirs that have used them for the same situatuion of amazon not delivering to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I just logged in and its saying I'm still subscribed and it will be delivered first week in December.

Maybe if you're already signed up to S&S they will continue to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I had to have a poke around to find this link but it might be helpful to you if you are looking to move foods. http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

Use this for an idea and then buy to suit your pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ste- wrote: »
    Check out parcel motel.
    Ideal for this situation. and for the record no I don't work for them, just a happy customer of theirs that have used them for the same situatuion of amazon not delivering to Ireland.

Max weight for PM is 10kgs though - otherwise you'll pay an extra €7 which I think would negate the saving compared to getting it on the likes of vetuk etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

We received our last order from Amazon ok and am due to get another next week. Will let you know if there is any problem. We are on the Subscribe and Save - don't know if makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

tk123 wrote: »
    Max weight for PM is 10kgs though - otherwise you'll pay an extra €7 which I think would negate the saving compared to getting it on the likes of vetuk etc?

Hadn't thought of weight. D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ste- wrote: »
    Hadn't thought of weight. D'oh!

Yeah I got caught myself with a load of NatureDiet!:o But it was in the good old days when you could collect at the depot for no extra charge! :pac:

got our other bag of Skinners today no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I am due my S & S next week fingers crossed, no messages so hopefully ok,

Feck, my guys love it,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Join the Gain breeders scheme. You don't actually have to be a breeder to join it.

http://gainfeeds.com/pet/special-offer-gain-breeder-club/

You can get two 15kg bags of Gain Elite for €59.95. Delivery is through Dogfooddirect.ie. Minimum order is 30kg every four months.

You're also supporting an Irish brand and Irish jobs as Gain is made by Glanbia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

ah well, got a email to check my S&S - wont get the Skinners, they never emailed me .... aggghhhh have to pick up something, this site was great for me to find it in the beginning,

at least i am more informed now,

Lemlin wrote: »
    Join the Gain breeders scheme. You don't actually have to be a breeder to join it.

http://gainfeeds.com/pet/special-offer-gain-breeder-club/

You can get two 15kg bags of Gain Elite for €59.95. Delivery is through Dogfooddirect.ie. Minimum order is 30kg every four months.

You're also supporting an Irish brand and Irish jobs as Gain is made by Glanbia.

Have two bags of the Skinners so ok for a bit but will keep this in mind if I have problems with Amazon later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Inexile wrote: »
    Have two bags of the Skinners so ok for a bit but will keep this in mind if I have problems with Amazon later.

Delivery is excellent. I rang on Monday at 2 and the two bags were at my workplace at 11 the next day.

Advertisement