Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Extended Edition (Blu-ray) - €49 delivered [Amazon]

• 27-07-2011 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭

51xdXTMVg1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Buy it from Amazon

Best price this has been direct from Amazon..

But judging by this green tint issue I've seen on the transfer 'Fellowship', make sure you read up before purchasing.
    One of the most magical, intensely spectacular epic adventures in film history comes alive with these extended editions of The Lord of the Rings trilogy on Blu-ray boasting unsurpassed high definition picture and sound. Sound + Vision magazine ranked the 2010 release in their top five Blu-rays of the Year noting that it was one of only two releases to earn five stars for sound and calling it “breathtaking.” Now see and hear the extended trilogy at home the way it was meant to be seen, on Blu-ray Hi-Def.

Based on the length of each extended edition feature film and in order to present each film in the highest possible picture quality, each film is presented on two Blu-ray discs.

Special Features:

The set boasts more than 26 hours of additional content, highlighted by the rare behind-the-scenes documentaries created by Costa Botes, the filmmaker given unprecedented access to the set of each production by Peter Jackson. Costa Botes was able to capture raw and riveting behind-the-scenes film footage. His unique approach to storytelling--allowing the footage to speak for itself--results in an intimate and candid backstage pass to the challenges, preparations and camaraderie that went into shooting the timeless trilogy.

The feature-length documentaries, with more than four and a half hours of footage, focus on a number of complexities and circumstances that tested the filmmakers, cast and crew during the shoot, as well as a look at some of the comical antics and personal moments on the set. The Costa Botes documentaries accompany acclaimed special features by Michael Pellerin from the original extended cut releases to make this the most comprehensive The Lord of the Rings compilation ever.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Extended Edition includes a new transfer of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, which was remastered from the original 2k digital files, and it all comes in multi-disc elite packaging inside a premium rigid slipcase.

(from HUKD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Watched the extended trilogy recently in HD. Mind blowing stuff, the minutes and hours melt away into nothingness, even ROTK at 4 hours long excluding credits was fantastic from beginning to end. Have to say I didn't even notice that 'green tint' so strongly mentioned in that link....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Goggling the green tint, it doesnt seemto be fully valid as some waffle was based on old screenshots

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

By coincidence I watched The Fellowship over the weekend on a 10ft screen and I have to say I noticed no tint and I'm quite critical of video quality, some of the special effects e.g. Frodo 'shrunk' in some scenes like in Rivendell do look dated, however quality of transfer will do nothing there.
    Two Towers this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

redman wrote: »
    Goggling the green tint, it doesnt seemto be fully valid as some waffle was based on old screenshots
    Thread on it over on Films..

.. most people definitely noticed a dull off-colour (particularly during the scenes on the Misty Mountains).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Ordered it !
    All I need is a TV and the the sitting room suite now :) (Got the Blu Ray player on iBood a few weeks ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Fantastic value. Think I paid around €60 for pre-order on Play and got caught for a €20 customs charge on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

are these editions even longer than the extended dvd editions ?? read on wikipedia the trilogy is an half hour longer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

easkey92 wrote: »
    are these editions even longer than the extended dvd editions ?? read on wikipedia the trilogy is an half hour longer !

The movies are the same.

PAL DVDs are naturally shorter because they are sped up by 4%, that's no longer the case with BluRay. And there is extra credits of some fanclub or something that runs for about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭SickBoy

PAL DVDs are naturally shorter because they are sped up by 4%, that's no longer the case with BluRay.

Wah :eek: ! Really? so an Region 1 DVD of film x would be 4% longer than region 2 of the same movie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Just ordered I cant wait to come back from my holidays and watch this :-)

THANK YOU :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

SickBoy wrote: »
    Wah :eek: ! Really? so an Region 1 DVD of film x would be 4% longer than region 2 of the same movie?

Yep, the Region 2 would be a few mins shorter and the audio higher in pitch.

That was the easiest way of getting 24fps content (which is most movies) onto a 50Hz format, just speed it to 25fps so you can play each frame for 2 cycles.

Advertisement